Fri, Aug 2, 11:58 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 25 7:29 pm)

Subject: iridescent clouds

ddaydreams ( ) posted Fri, 23 October 2009 at 2:29 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 11:47 PM

I was staring at some high altitude iridescent clouds last week, best ones ever,  very colorful and it made me wonder

Can "vue 7 complete" simulate iridescent clouds?

If so is there a vue cloud shader or settings or a tutorial  that would help that to happen.

Thanks for any help.

Frank Hawkins/Owner/DigitalDaydreams

Frank_Hawkins_Design

Frank Lee Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery Store

My U.S.A eBay Graphics Software Store~~ My International eBay Graphics Software Store

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 23 October 2009 at 3:26 PM · edited Fri, 23 October 2009 at 3:28 PM

file_441643.jpg

Yes - it is definitely possible (with Vue 7.4 Infinite at least).

All you need is :

• A spectral atmosphere
  • a light source (I used a point light)
  • enable the light source to influence spectral clouds (little cloud icon under the light settings)
  • enable a rainbow light gel
  • crank out the power of the light to 500 at least and move it in the sky close to your clouds

Here is a quick example.

I left the influence on the gound emable to give you an idea of how it is done. You would have to limit the influence of the light to the sky only.

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 23 October 2009 at 3:40 PM · edited Fri, 23 October 2009 at 3:42 PM

file_441644.jpg

For more control of your scene, the effect works also on Meta Clouds objects.

(the smaller clouds on top of the large band of clouds are meta clouds in this image).

Unfortunately, I do not have Vue 7 complete... you would have to try adding a light with a gel and see if meta clouds are affected.

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 23 October 2009 at 3:47 PM

Now if anybody feels like a challenge, try reproducing some of these clouds (including some iridescent clouds at the bottom).

http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2009/10/the-weirdest-clouds-that-youll-ever-see/ 

gillbrooks ( ) posted Fri, 23 October 2009 at 4:21 PM

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Eonite has done most of those clouds already ahhahahaaaaaaaaa  :lol:

Gill

ddaydreams ( ) posted Fri, 23 October 2009 at 4:51 PM

Thanks
I have Vue 7.4 complete. I'll see if I can do what you suggest with the meta clouds and rainbow light gel.

Frank_Hawkins_Design

My U.S.A eBay Graphics Software Store~~ My International eBay Graphics Software Store

sirenia ( ) posted Sun, 25 October 2009 at 1:21 PM

Agiel, that point light is a way cool idea ! Thanks for sharing this :-)

Society failed to tolerate me...

... and i have failed to tolerate society

ddaydreams ( ) posted Sun, 25 October 2009 at 6:18 PM

file_441785.jpg

Thanks for the help. Here's what I was able to do with the same technique, but a different shader I Tweeked the settings on in the material editor.

This looks very much like what I saw for real that inspired me to try it vue. Click picture for a bigger version.

Frank_Hawkins_Design

ddaydreams ( ) posted Sun, 25 October 2009 at 6:36 PM · edited Sun, 25 October 2009 at 6:41 PM

the one in the previous post has no postwork color adustment a strait vue render and then cropped it a little.

this is a different render and has a little bit of post work for sky color levels, but the iridescentness in the clouds is pretty much how vue rendered it.

Frank_Hawkins_Design

ddaydreams ( ) posted Sun, 25 October 2009 at 10:16 PM
eonite ( ) posted Tue, 03 November 2009 at 11:48 AM

That a cool idea, agiel. Thanks for sharing the technique!

http://www.eonmusic.ch http://www.artmatica.ch

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.