Sun, Sep 15, 11:55 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:17 pm)

Subject: python help needed. I want to remove reflections on materials

FalseBogus ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 1:33 PM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 8:10 PM

Hi

I'm a newbie in python. I've been looking at the some scripts and been trying to figure out
how to make  a script that edits all materials and sets global reflection to 0%

I've got the part that goes thru all materials, but can't figure out how to set the reflect.

VUEMaterial Class hasn't got function like SetBumpDepth for bumps for amount of reflections.

I just can't figure out if or how it's doable.

Anyone? ;)

It's the poser imports with their weird reflection settings..this time I have about 170 materials to manually edit if I can't figure out how to automate it.

dburdick ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 1:42 PM

You can just do a global edit of all materials in Vue and set the reflection value to 0%

• in the world browser, select the materials
  • click the little edit materials icon on the bottom (looks like a little soccer ball)
  • this will bring up a single material editor window incidicated the number of materials selected
  • On the reflection tab, set the value to 0% and click ok

This will change the reflection value to 100% for all selected materials

FalseBogus ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 1:45 PM

Now I feel stupid....

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 2:40 PM

Also, there's a python script floating around which will remove all the reflections from a poser scene.  I think it's in the scripting forum - look around in the archives for a thread started by me about it

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

FalseBogus ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 3:23 PM

Cheers, I will.

Even though I missed the most obvious resolution to my problem I'm still pondering how it would be done with a script.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 11:28 PM

I'm guessing you do that reflection setting trick before you have different textures applied to everything.  Or does it matter?  As in it will only change the reflection value and nothing else for each object?

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

impish ( ) posted Thu, 29 October 2009 at 7:43 AM · edited Thu, 29 October 2009 at 7:44 AM

jismi - I'm not at a machine with Vue on so I can't check details of exactly how to go about this but the mapping changing scripts might give you an idea of the sort of parsing that might be needed.  I'm guessing you'll need to find the nodes attached to the reflection output and modify them.

Shawn - changing the reflection setting for a set of materials can be done pretty much any time (and you can select a subset of materials).  You can change an awful lot of material settings across a set of materials all in one go this way.  The one exception I'm aware of is settings related to images which is why I wrote python scripts to switch the mapping of images back in August.

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.