Fri, Sep 20, 4:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: OT (sort of) Forum Links

drewradley ( ) posted Thu, 29 October 2009 at 5:13 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:42 AM

Who else here wishes that the default on the links in the forum didn't open in the same window? I always forget to right click and open in new tab and people don't seem to bother to click on that little tab that says "target" either.

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

chriscox ( ) posted Thu, 29 October 2009 at 5:28 PM

Not me.  When I click on a link I like it to open right where I am and then I can backspace to where I was when I'm done.  If I want something to open in a new tab I have no problem doing that myself without having someone else make that decision for me.

Chris Cox

Winterclaw ( ) posted Thu, 29 October 2009 at 5:38 PM

I prefer the [ url= ] link [ /url] method.  Still haven't figured out how to get a link in my gallery posts.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 12:39 AM

I just put my link in the "link info" area of the link icon.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

JenX ( ) posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 1:05 PM

Which links?  Links in posts?

That's up to the poster.  In my sigline, there is a tutorial on how to get the most out of forum postings, including an in-depth look at posting links in threads.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

drewradley ( ) posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 2:27 PM · edited Fri, 30 October 2009 at 2:28 PM

I know, I know. But it seems most people just leave it set to the default and I always forget to tell it to open in a new window. Apparently I'm the only one who is annoyed by this. Used to be considered bad form to have a link that takes the user to a different site open in the same window. In the marketing world, it's a big no-no as well. You don't want the users to completely navigate away from your page. If your site is still open, chances are they will return to it. If your site is no longer open, chances are, they will move on.

Oh, and yes, I mean links in the posts.

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 4:56 PM

Off-Off-Topic: Drew Radley? Any relation to Boo Radley in "To Kill a Mockingbird"?  😉

drewradley ( ) posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 5:16 PM

:) Just a coincidence...

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

Rance01 ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 9:38 AM

If I'm not finished with the source page I ALWAYS Open the link in a New Window.  I don't use Tabs.  The way a lot of pages are written now, it takes nearly as long to 'Back' to a page as to load the page initally.  Advertisers want you to see a new ad, java scripts, etc ...

The only time I use a link normally, left click, is when I'm finished with the source page and am ready to move on.  It's pretty common for me to have as many as three IEs open at the same time.

Best Wishes,
Rªnce

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.