Thu, Oct 3, 12:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: anyone here besides me still on Poser 7?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 12:48 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 11:42 PM

i haven't seen much here for P7 users lately.  

I feel myself drifting away.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

chriscox ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 12:52 PM · edited Tue, 27 October 2009 at 12:53 PM

We're still here.  It's just our problems ain't new so we are not talking about them as much ;^).

Chris Cox

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 1:04 PM · edited Tue, 27 October 2009 at 1:04 PM

I still use Poser 6.  Though since I beta test, I really should upgrade to at least Poser 7,  LOL

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 1:12 PM

I have abandoned P7 for PoserPro and P8 although my principle characters are still located in it's runtime.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 1:14 PM

What was your favorite P7 tip you learned here?

For me, it was to change my render options from Box to Sync. 
I still don't understand how come, but the sync results look better.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 1:17 PM

Still on P7

nekkidchikken ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 1:33 PM

Still here. Keep the tips coming. I learn something from this place every day!!

aeilkema ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 1:40 PM

forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php

You may feel alone, but you may well be still in the majority. Of course P8 gets all the attention, but I'm pretty sure the P7 users still outnumber the P8 users by far.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 1:45 PM

P7 here

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 1:50 PM

I have 8 but I'm still using 7 because Vue sees that one, it doesn't see 8 yet and I do all my rendering in Vue!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

drewradley ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 1:54 PM

It took me a lot of work to get my systems working properly with Poser 7. Not about to do it all again for 8! Maybe when I upgrade my computer, I will upgrade then.

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

JenX ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 1:57 PM

P8's getting all the attention 'cuz it's new.  There are still threads about 6 & 7 ;)

I still use 7 when I know how to get the results I want in 7, but 8's not working right for me, and I'm in a crunch :)  I'm still learning things, just like most of us.  :)

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

geep ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 2:18 PM

Attached Link: UVMapping Mysteries ... with Dr Geep using P7

file_441929.jpg

Someone say P7? :lol: .............. check the [ **Attached Link:**](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2785713) 😄

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

FlyByNight ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 2:25 PM

Still using 6, too, although, like Acadia, I test and will have to upgrade as well.

FlyByNight

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 2:47 PM

still using Poser 7 and P5. Dint see a need to upgrade cause I have not reached the pinnacle of what P5 can do :)  I have P7 only because I collaberated on a conforming figure figure and wanted to be able to fully test it .

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 2:48 PM

I have no need for anything above 7.  All my renders are done outside Poser anyway so the features of 8 would be wasted

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Cage ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 2:53 PM

I haven't been able to spare the $$$ for the P8 upgrade yet, so I'm still on P7.  I haven't really used P7 much recently, though, because of frustration with the joint handling.  So I really need to get P8.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Rainfeather ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 2:55 PM

Still on P6 here and in no hurry to upgrade till it dies on me.   ; )

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 3:19 PM

Not me.  I'm on P6. :P 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Plutom ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 3:24 PM

I went from Poser 5 directly to Poser 8 and the difference there in the way of face and body morphs-well between night and day.  The IDL (Indirect Lighting) in Poser 8 really add a new dimension-if done right).  My question to the users of 6 and 7 what are the head and body morphing capabilities - Those of P8 are very similiar to the V3 head and body morph pack (you do not have to buy them separately).  All eight characters have them. 

I'm trying to get folks interested in "Making Alyson Unique"  located in the sticky area so I can see what  other folks can do, mine are the only ones there, sniffle.  -plan on putting a morph of Izumi (one of the P8 characters) there shortly.  Jan

dlfurman ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 4:40 PM

I'm with Cage.
Not enough $$$ to make the leap to version 8. Thinking I may wait for another service release as well.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

MadameX ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 5:02 PM

Another one who can't afford to upgrade to 8...plus I'm leery of all the problems I've seen so, though I'd love to upgrade, it might never happen for me.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 5:22 PM
Site Admin

I still use P7, I haven't yet upgraded to 8.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 7:28 PM

Hi Poser 6 here
but I use C4D with theIPP plugin that reads and loads content directly from my runtimes in to cinema  so upgrading my actual poser application has long been moot for me.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

David.J.Harmon ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 8:31 PM

yep still with P7

David J Harmon
davidjharmon.com

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 8:47 PM
Site Admin

Still on 7 here. hoping Santa can arrange a p8 delivery.

to those of you who beta test, isn't it good to test on multiple systems? don't you want to keep 5 or 6 too?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

spyder97526 ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 8:59 PM

Still on Poser 7 here, won't touch 'Pro', way too many bugs in it when I was playing around with it.
I'll wait for 8 thank ya much.( I know it's out, but I'll wait to get it.)

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 9:30 PM

Heck, I'm still on Poser 5!...;) Doesn't look like there's still an upgrade to 6 or 7, so I'd have to have a heap o' foldin' money to get to 8...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

EricJ ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 9:41 PM

Close, I'm using Poser Pro (P7+) but as soon as Poser Pro 2 (P8+) comes out I'll switch over.

I love P8 but I can't live without Pro's 64-bit renderer.

Winterclaw ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 9:53 PM

I'm using 7 and I'm on the fence when it comes to deciding whether I'm going to get P8 or wait until P9 before upgrading.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

InfoCentral ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 10:01 PM

Poser Pro too.  Not in any hurry to upgrade unless SM pulls off a huge Christmas deal...

infinity10 ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 11:45 PM

I still have Poser 7 installed and I still use it.

( Also have Poser 8 )

Eternal Hobbyist

Indoda ( ) posted Wed, 28 October 2009 at 5:12 AM

Still with P7

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 28 October 2009 at 7:35 AM

I'm still on 7

Laurie

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Wed, 28 October 2009 at 8:12 AM · edited Wed, 28 October 2009 at 8:13 AM

I am on Poser 8.I havn't deleted P7 yet to be on the save side.Until now I havn't used P7 again,because P8 became closer to that what I want  Poser to be.New UI ,full body morph brush and dependend parameters are the features I never want to miss.After solving some start up problems with the librarie manager ,P8 runs like a charm.Well : Poser 8 rules - forget all previous.

Plutom ( ) posted Wed, 28 October 2009 at 9:12 AM

For the folks that have previous Posers, if you use V3 or V4 (really don't need them for P8).  Do not remove those Posers.  Rationale, eg DAZ's V3 head and morph paks .exe files recognize P5, V4's  .exe files recognize P6, maybe P7, but you will run into problems locating P8.  However,  I can import any V3 models that I have made into P8 with all the dials intact, (another good thing that P8 does is remove those empty channels that do nothing). 

Timberwolf, now that you have P8, make some Alyson, Maria, etc morphs and place some in the sticky "Making Alyson Unique".  Lets show the folks what P8 can do.  JenX thought it was a good enough idea to make it a sticky.  She was going to put something there too-----hopefully SOON!!!!!!  Jan

replicand ( ) posted Wed, 28 October 2009 at 9:29 AM

P7 is the end of the line for me. Mostly used for anatomical refererence. I find myself trying to use Maya viewport manipulation keystrokes in P7.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Wed, 28 October 2009 at 9:38 AM · edited Wed, 28 October 2009 at 9:39 AM

You have to make a difference between the app and the content.To me P7 G2 figures and Miki2 are the best Poser figures ever.P8 figures are a completly mess.Not because they cannot be morphed well,but because of their Bodypartlengths.Those arms and legs are way to short  and not easy to fix.Of course you could use the scale dials but this will  give distortions while posing.If I praise Poser 8 as the best Poser ever ,I only mean the app itself.

fatbuckel ( ) posted Wed, 28 October 2009 at 1:39 PM

I went back to Poser Pro from 8 cuz it just buggered up everything.

Mugsey ( ) posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 1:25 PM

P6 user here! just starting building models - using P6 to "Poserize" them.
Go look at my "Uncle Mugsey's Gripe Time" thread - you'll get a lot of inspiration, lol.

majesticartist ( ) posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 2:33 PM

Im still using Poser5.....the free version that we got from cp!

jefsview ( ) posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 3:25 PM

Still using P7, because I can't afford to upgrade right now. Just getting back on my feet from nearly a full year of unemployment.

I'm looking forward to eventually testing it out within the next year or so.

-- Jeff

fls13 ( ) posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 7:02 PM

Quote - I still use Poser 6.

Yup

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 8:14 PM

I upgraded to Poser 8 but since I do so much in the material room, I really don't like what P8 does in terms of rearranging the order of V4's materials. Is that just me? Is there a way to keep P8 from doing that? Wanna slap whoever thought THAT might be a good idea! I spend MORE time looking for my 1_SkinFace material, and it's all higgledy-piggledy doesn't make sense at all.
So, I'm doing the bulk of my work in P7 (99.99999%) and occasionally tiptoe into P8 to try a render or something, but then save that PZ3 as something else so it doesn't stuff things up for P7.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

Anniebel ( ) posted Sat, 31 October 2009 at 6:42 AM

I still use P7, there aren't enough changes in P8 to justify upgrading. Plus the new library system (I like the old library, I have my content well organized), & the many bugs put me off.

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

mikeberg ( ) posted Sat, 31 October 2009 at 8:23 AM

Still with Poser 5 (free version) and 7. I won't upgrade to v8 cause there is no more printed manual.
I'm waiting for the next version of Daz Studio; may be I'll switch...
Michel

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sat, 31 October 2009 at 9:19 AM

Stil with P7, because I need a new PC, and got NO money to do anything with. It seems that fixed the IDL vrs AO problem with Sr1, so that's good. If I get money, I might wait until Sr2. Seems Poser releases always work best after the Sr2 is released. :laugh:  I was on P6 forever, and couldn't ger P7 to work like I needed until Sr2. Waiting and having no money goes hand and hand this time. :lol:

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

Plutom ( ) posted Sat, 31 October 2009 at 9:25 AM

Unfortunately, the days of the printed manual is over UNLESS you pay between $40 and  $50 or take the time to print out the .pdf, or print out the section that you are working on, eg hair room, material room etc and slowly build up your two manuals, the reference and the tutorial ones.  I'm getting used to the .pdf manual (of course a 24" flat screen helps). 

Now if you compare the cost of P8 vs V4, and M4 plus packages (character enhancements, clothing, hair), add them all up and the group price of  the P8 for $179 or less, you get four different female figures, four different male figures (all with a lot of head and body morphs), a string of P5-P7 legacy hair, clothing, prop suppliments, alien figure, Creech (a cuddly monster from the black lagoon morphable face morphs),  Squeeky, a morpable rat, bunny rabbit and more.  Plus room construction materials, premade walls, doors, etc. 

Maybe I can convience Ted to join Steve in making scenes in the sticky "Making Alyson Unique".  All girl figures so far, however, if some of ladies out there want to get male figures there--thats great, really great too.   Jan 

whbos ( ) posted Wed, 04 November 2009 at 9:19 PM

I'm still using Poser 7 even though I upgraded to 8.  I like the new interface with P8, but the work space is too small with the library taking up almost half my screen.  I still think the scroll bar for the library should be on the left and not the right because if you shrink the library width the scroll bar disappears and you have to scroll back and forth to see it.

The Poser 8 Library still has issues such as items seem to disappear and reappear under the wrong folder so it is hard to find things.  This is with the SR1 update so I use P7 mostly except it's slow and crashes often (my computer is old), but P8 doesn't crash and is faster.

I like and dislike the new Library for reasons stated above.  I like not having to get out of one runtime to go into another, but I don't like that it mixes up my library items so I can't find them even though they are still where they've always been.  I'm sticking with Poser 7 for a little while longer.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

mazzam ( ) posted Thu, 05 November 2009 at 11:33 AM

Just trying P8 but having problems not the least of which is the new library interface which seems unsuited for managing multiple runtimes. P7 (Mac) is stable as a rock for me.

lundqvist ( ) posted Thu, 05 November 2009 at 2:25 PM

P6 here :) ...but I only use it to set up scenes I guess. Render elsewhere.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.