Sat, Aug 3, 12:01 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 25 7:29 pm)

Subject: Vue Crawlers?

Teruchan ( ) posted Sun, 01 November 2009 at 11:16 AM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 1:21 PM

A couple of months ago, I  caught the Japanese animated film Sky Crawlers, from the famous director Mamoru Oshii (Ghost in the Shell, Patlabor), and I noticed a mention of E-On Software in the ending credits. They don't specifically mention Vue, but one only needs look at the clouds and terrains in their aerial battles and ask, what else could it be?

You can see a trailer for that film here on Youtube.

I hope I can get in contact with at least one of the guys I know at Production I.G. and find out more about their use of Vue in that film and anything else they do.

____
The Real Teruchan

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sun, 01 November 2009 at 11:25 AM

Attached Link: All Dogfight Clip

Pretty cool indeed...I've added one that avoids the Japanese style animation...not my fave style.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

agiel ( ) posted Sun, 01 November 2009 at 11:56 AM

Attached Link: http://www.e-onsoftware.com/showcase/spotlights/?page=2

There are more videos and an interview at e-on website where Sky Crawlers was featured a little while ago.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sun, 01 November 2009 at 12:01 PM

well hello agiel...been a while eh?

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

melikia ( ) posted Sun, 01 November 2009 at 12:40 PM

it could be Ozone plug-in, too.  But i agree, looks suspiciously like Vue clouds.... and that looks like the flock of seagulls under the plane LOL.

You know, I've found a few movies where the skies/clouds/terrains looked a lot like Vue's.  There was one my hubby brought home to watch the other day (it was an old screener from his work - he became manager a few months ago and is finally sorting through the backlog of things) ....

OMG LOL - that's too funny.  its the SAME MOVIE.  Sky Crawlers =D  I THOUGHT I saw Vue clouds and stuff in there!  (had to look at the screener LOL)

My only "issue" with the film was the varying artistic styles.  Sometimes, the scenes would look hyper-realistic, other times it looked very cartoony-anime.  It was just enough to kinda throw me off, and made hubby wonder if they included some real-life imagery.

Thanks for bringing this up - I didnt look at the credits as they scrolled past... so didn't see the mention of e-on.  Now I feel better - i actually DID recognize the clouds =D  (hubby and i debated for a while on if it was Maya or Vue LOL - i'm thinking Vue xtream,plugged into Maya or 3DCinema or something)

Rarer than a hairy egg and madder than a box of frogs....

< o > < o >    You've been VUED!    < o > < o >
         >                                                     >
         O                                                    O

Teruchan ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 1:11 AM

I have noticed Vue reminiscent imagery in a few movies myself. I am guessing that now that ILM is using it in their FX for movies like Indiana Jones and Pirates, everyone will be jumping on the bandwagon.

When I was working in Hollywood, there was a guy from Battlestar Galactica that came and asked me if I could do some Vue stuff for their show. I think the more studios figure out the power of it, the more Vue we will see in movies.

____
The Real Teruchan

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.