Mon, Sep 30, 11:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 3:32 am)

Subject: How to pack poser files for distribution

Harrgunn ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 1:37 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 11:34 AM

is there any easy resolve to package props or characters for distribution that captures all the material and texture files associated with the item?  I've seen some softwares in the past but seeing much now.    Any help would be great, 

thanks much,

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 1:56 PM

You can get a python script that will read a cr2 or other file and give you all the geometry and texture references that it contains. Material files, poses etc are not linked to the prop or figure though so theres no easy way.

PhilC ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 2:02 PM

Look in the Poser Scripts menu.

Scripts > Utility > collectSceneInventory

You'll be given the option to either save all the required files to a folder or to just list out all the files being used by the scene.

If it is a Poser figureprop etc that you have created and wish to make up a user friendly distribution zip then this tutorial will help.
http://www.philc.net/WinZip_tutorial2.php

Current versions of Windows allow you to create a compressed folder so you do not need Winzip, but the principles are the same.

Hope that helps.

Harrgunn ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 2:34 PM

OK,  so I'm getting the feeling there is no 'easy' way.  Looks like i'll be constructing a blank runtime to move into and package. 

I'll spend bit more time on your site there phil, 
thanks for the link.

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 3:03 PM

A runtime off the root folder ( c:runtimeetc) is the way to go . that way the paths in the zip will be correct and treated as relative paths to the extraction folder. 

If you set Poser to shallow or none it will reduce the search for files and tell you if any file refrences are wrong.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 10:04 PM

Make sure to prune any unnecessary folders from the runtime before making the archive  (or not include them to begin with). I've run into several items with - for example - empty camera, light etc. folders in them.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Harrgunn ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 8:49 PM

Appreciate all for the help, suggestions and tips.   Phil's site also a good resource.  All makes some sense now and moving forward.

Thanks  much,
Harry

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.