Tue, Oct 22, 6:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Storing morphs inside .cr2 file

papillon68 ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 6:53 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 6:25 AM

Hi, there is a way to store morphs directly inside a .cr2 file, instead of having external .pmd and .obj files ? Thanks

visit my blog:  www.alessandromastronardi.com

My Rendo Store

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 8:22 AM

Sure. Just turn off "use External Morph Targets" and save the figure back to the palette. It will now be saved with all the morphs in the CR2 :)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

papillon68 ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 8:26 AM

Oh my, that easy ? Stupid me I've never seen that option, thank you very much !

visit my blog:  www.alessandromastronardi.com

My Rendo Store

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 8:42 AM

It works all the time.  I have all my models with their morphs stored in the cr2.  Makes it easier to just load the model with the goodies one time.

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 10:39 AM

You can do that with models with inj morphs, just inj what morphs you commonly use and save the figure to the library. It will now load with the morphs already present.

External binary morphs seem to work fine sometimes and badly at others, I have decided to turn it off. You can even embed the figures obj file inside the cr2 if you really want. That takes a bit of editing with a text editor though.

Mugsey ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 3:17 PM

Ok - so - I've never done morphs myself - is there a tutorial?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 10 November 2009 at 2:03 PM

Dr. Geep has made several tutorials about how to make morphs :)

Depending on which program you use for it (Poser + magnets or an external proggie like Blacksmith3D or Hexagon) there's different ways of how you save the morphs and import them into Poser. But it's basically very very easy - the tricky part MAY arise if you want to share those morphs.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

DarkEdge ( ) posted Tue, 10 November 2009 at 8:58 PM

This tutorial was created for the serious users, you'll obviously need Zbrush.
www.contentparadise.com/productDetails.aspx

Comitted to excellence through art.

imax24 ( ) posted Tue, 10 November 2009 at 10:27 PM

If you turn off the External Binary Morphs setting, what happens to figures and props that already have PMDs? Do the morphs just stop working?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.