Thu, Sep 19, 9:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: 3D Commune has died

orbital ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 10:59 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:12 AM

Just thought I'd pop over to 3d commune to see whats going on, and it's closed down. Shame really as there was a good bunch of people on there, and they had a strong core of Brycers who didn't post here but were never the less very talented.

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 11:14 AM

evidently server fees got outta hand...it's a shame, it was a great place for Bryce Mats.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

bobbystahr ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 1:11 PM

Maybe they'll stop be here and contribute to our community, to try and put an up side on a down situation.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

erosiaart ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 7:59 PM

that's a shame..

Thandaluz ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 8:01 PM

Great loss for the community of digital art. 
Perhaps the galley has not given the value to Mark's effort. 
Mark dedicated a lot to 3DCommune, lamentable the closing of the activities. 
We waited that the artists of the 3DCommune in the gift with your beautiful works here in Rederosity.

Bea ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 9:03 PM

I am sorry that this has happened. I know Mark tried to keep the site open. It came as a shock to all of us.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 11:54 PM

Ah, man, that does truly suck....!

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Quest ( ) posted Sat, 07 November 2009 at 1:10 AM

Another good site gone.

wildman2 ( ) posted Sat, 07 November 2009 at 9:01 AM

If someone has the mats with the permission to host them I've got the space to host them.

"Reinstall Windows" is NOT a troubleshooting step.

Chumly ( ) posted Sat, 07 November 2009 at 10:02 AM

A shock and a shame. I believe that some of the folks will be posting here at Rendo now. At least I will.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's
limits.<br />

orbital ( ) posted Sat, 07 November 2009 at 10:39 AM

Welcome Chumly, grab a seat but not the comfy chair!

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sat, 07 November 2009 at 10:58 AM

I 2nd orbital's welcome...beware the comfy chair tho.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Chumly ( ) posted Sat, 07 November 2009 at 5:56 PM

Thanks. Is there anywhere I can get a beer around here?

limits.<br />

ascript ( ) posted Sat, 07 November 2009 at 5:58 PM

You left your beer in the pub didn't you? :p

Hi, I'm a 3DCommune lost one too.

frogdot ( ) posted Sat, 07 November 2009 at 8:27 PM

I joined Rendo and 3DCommune about the same time in 1999. There was a big war of personalities going on back then with threads full of bickering that were sometimes quite entertaining to read. I posted art at both places, but gravitated to 3DC and became a moderator and admin. I was also  a member of Renderosity's Cartoon Team for a couple of years at the same time, so I've played on both sides of the fence.

It's sad to see 3DC go and I wish Mark all the best.

orbital ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 3:20 AM

This is great that you guys have come over, because I know what valuable assets you are in the Bryce community. Hope you'll stay around and contribute to the community here.

EngleWolf ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 10:18 AM

Having joined Rosity and the Commune 8 years ago, I made both sites my 3D home, never one over the other, as both sites have helped me being the 3D artist I am today through the critiques and friendships.    Really sad to see it go, I do wish Mark the best too.

Quest ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 11:01 AM

Yes, a hearty welcome to our friends from 3DCommune...make yourselves at home.

ascript ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 2:25 PM

I joined here at the same time too I think. It was just so big, I was more comfortable over there. And I won't even tell you how long I lurked at 3DC before I ever spoke up. lol
Thanks for the warm welcome ;)

daveb2 ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 2:48 PM

I'm another rat, fleeing the sinking (sunk!) ship. A great shame after all the hard work and comittment from the people at 3dcommune.

"We are all worms, but I believe that I am a glow-worm!"
Winston S. Churchill

skiwillgee ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 3:56 PM

Wow, what a loss to see 3DC go down.  Welcome to all the imported artist.  Beware the comfy chair !  This asylum is shepherded by a zealot of the Bryce inquisition. 

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 4:44 PM

That's such a great shame to see such a good site go down.  Whenever I have... had freebies I'd post in 3DCommune, here and Daz3D, it'll feel odd that 3DC is no longer there - a hole in the netiverse.

I do hope those people from 3DCommune who've popped in here stay and join us, Brycing and whatnot.

Welcome to all.

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

Chumly ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 6:07 AM

I hope you all will forgive us 3DC refugees for posting some older images. Last year 3DC did a software change-over and everyone lost their galleries. Most of us had only begun to re-post some of the images when the site went down for good. And so, here we go again.

I would like to tell the Rendo Regulars "thanks" for the welcome that you have extended to us.

~~Mike~~

limits.<br />

peedy ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 10:47 AM

I am another one from the sunken ship :-(
I haven't made my mind up yet, but it looks like this could be the place for me.
At least I see some familiar faces here. :-)

And forget about my nick.
I can't change it without paying, so it has to stay.
I am **Corrie! **

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 10:53 AM · edited Mon, 09 November 2009 at 10:55 AM

Oh please…we insist. Beguile us with your treasures. If you hadn’t noticed…we love being showered with creativity and eyecandy.  :tt1:

Welcome aboard Peedy.

peedy ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 10:59 AM

Well,  I am not sure if I can live up to those expctations. ;-P
Thanks for the welcome! :-)
And forget Peedy.
It's Corrie.

vangogh ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 11:44 AM

Sad to hear of 3DC going down. I always favored their freestuff pages over Rendo’s. The quality and organization of the freestuff section there was much better.

Also.....a grand hello to all the new posters from 3DC. Glad to see you posting here and please,
please join in our monthly Bryce Challenge. The prizes really suck....but we have lots of fun and the recognition and commraderie (spelling?) are great. And once again welcome aboard! 

peedy ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 11:51 AM

Aw, thanks!

Is everybody on Renderosity as nice as you  people on this thread??? ;-D

Harrison2 ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 1:25 PM

Hi, I'm another orphan!! I'll be here, and thanks to the Bryce members here for their warm welcome;)

Cheers,

H2 

ascript ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 1:35 PM

Hiya Harrison ;)

kanaa ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 1:41 PM

Thank you all brycers here!'
I found out this morning about my comunity's dissapearance...Sigh!

Have been a member for a while, and take no offense, but my heart has been in 3dc. since I got my first comment there from Anita.
but reading the posts here makes me feel like I don't need to look any furthrer, I am joining you guys!
Thanks again for the welcome.
Gabe AKA Kanaa

My store: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?uid=410087

Harrison2 ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 1:45 PM

Hi, ascript, It's been a long time.............Hello to all the other orphans too!! Dave, chumly, corrie et al;))

H2 

peedy ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 1:50 PM · edited Mon, 09 November 2009 at 1:52 PM

Hi, Harrison!
Long time no see! :-)

Hi, Kanaa! :-)

Corrie

EngleWolf ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 1:51 PM

Nice to see ur here H2!

Atron ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 2:05 PM

Hm, why not buy a large hard drive (1 TB, they are cheap) and save everything for rainy days?

For me it sounds bisarre that the owner (Mark) won't save a backup file of everything there (Freebie sections and more)...an extermely sad story; why did he waited for the last moment; he could have sold it to some rich 3D CG guy or put it on Ebay; the site had some possibilities...what a shame; he did a great work there!
Blessings!

Chumly ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 3:25 PM

Greetings Harrison. It's great to see you here also.

limits.<br />

Harrison2 ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 3:27 PM

Hi Joe ,Corrie and kanaa, looks like we've all come home. I think Bryster may need to order more Comfy Chairs:)) 

Harrison2 ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 3:29 PM

Thanks Chumly;)) 

airflamesred ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 4:26 PM

The more the merrier.
Welcome to those nice people from the Commune

scanmead ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 4:37 PM

oooOOOooo... lots of familiar faces here now! Anyone seen Hubert about or have an email addy for him?  

Bea ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 5:31 PM

Quote - Hi, I'm another orphan!! I'll be here, and thanks to the Bryce members here for their warm welcome;)

Cheers,

H2 

Harrison I am glad to see that you are here (or anywhere where I can still see your art :) :)  )

Chumly ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 5:51 PM

Bea,
 I totally second that. I have tried 3 different fish pictures and keep tossing them because Harrison has set the bar so high. I'll never give up though. LOL Thanks H2.
~~Mike~~

The difference between genius and stupidity, is that genius has it's limits.

limits.<br />

Bea ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 5:52 PM

Yes, but now we have to get him to post some of his more recent images :) 

EngleWolf ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 6:45 PM

I remember H2's fish image when he posted it... wow was that a while ago!!  And Hubert?... yes it would be nice to see him strollin' in with a beer and sitting in one of those comfy seats!

Harrison2 ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 6:57 PM

file_442795.jpg

Hi Bea, great to see you here!! Chumly you remembered the Trout in a Bucket!! Thanks. Joe I posted that image 2 years ago.

Here's some Salmon for Chumly. Flyrod built in Bryce, salmon tex by me. Salmon model by the very generous JTrout.

H2 

EngleWolf ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 7:41 PM

There were 1 or 2 others from years before that H2.  I was on a 2 yr hiatas from 06-08 and missed that one... thinking it was the one in the frying pan or cutting board or something, had a lot of light green?... would love to see that one again! 

Harrison2 ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 7:55 PM

Joe I've been away from 07 to 09. There's a 3 year gap since our paths have crossed. Great to meet up with you again;)) I'll try and dig up those trout.

H2 

frogdot ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 8:08 PM

Hey Ron, great to see you. If you're going to dig up trout, there's bound to be some flies buzzing around. Yumm.

johnyf ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 8:09 PM

Hi all you 3dC guys, I think you'll like it here!

Harrison, another great fish pic. I think my favourite of yours was the one of the fish in a bucket!

Oh...btw, someone seriously needs to explain the comfy chair to you guys..I daren't, just the thought of it makes me crawl into a dark corner and go to my happy place! lol.

Harrison2 ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 8:27 PM

Hey Dave, you can help me dig those trout, I know how you love flies!!;) I love frogs legs, I'm sure we can work something out;)

johnyf, thanks for the welcome;)

ringbearer ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 9:01 PM

Count me in as another refugee from 3DC.  I joined 3DC shortly after they opened their site and called it home.  It's nice to see some familar faces!

There are a lot of things worse than dying, being afraid all the time would be one.

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.