Mon, Sep 16, 12:05 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:17 pm)

Subject: Vue8 Infinite download problems

tbird10 ( ) posted Tue, 10 November 2009 at 4:31 AM · edited Tue, 20 August 2024 at 12:18 AM

Has anyone else had problems downloading Vue8 Infinite if they purchased the download version. I've been trying for a few days and the download is very slow, never above 100K/s despite a 20MB cable connection and always times out on part 2 of the application download (not even tried the extras yet) - This is not a problem with my connection, I can access the web, download files from other sources etc. without any problems. Why do Vue not support resuming on their downloader rather than having to start again each time it times out.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 10 November 2009 at 4:52 AM

Set your Internet cache to at least 1024MB and clear it of any temp files.  Turn off your anti-virus to speed things up some while downloading.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

tbird10 ( ) posted Tue, 10 November 2009 at 4:56 AM

The cache is already bigger, and always clear before starting to download. I'm not sure why turning off anti-virus would help in this instance, it scans the downloader application when it first runs then doesn't interfere. As I said I can download other, larger files without any issues.

In this case it appears to be an issue with e-on's servers which won't be affected by anything I do at my end.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 10 November 2009 at 5:01 AM

I was able to download the entire file in under 5 minutes just now.  Second file was much bigger and even quicker to download.  Probably a lot more people downloading the first file right now.  Check your ISP as far as connecting to E-on quicker.

tbird10 ( ) posted Tue, 10 November 2009 at 5:13 AM

I'm currently getting a ping of around 137ms to e-on, google is 22ms

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 10 November 2009 at 5:17 AM · edited Tue, 10 November 2009 at 5:19 AM

E-on 52ms
Google 66ms

4.2.2.2 is 22ms

I'm in Southern California

tbird10 ( ) posted Tue, 10 November 2009 at 5:37 AM

I get 25ms to 4.2.2.2

I'm in the UK.

I'm trying again, currently downloading at 62Kbyte/s

I got 400Kbyte/s downloading a quick test file from fileHippo before I tried downloading vue8 again.

tbird10 ( ) posted Tue, 10 November 2009 at 9:05 AM

Well, it eventually took me over 6 hours to download the 600 odd meg application file using e-ons downloader, it then took me 25 minutes to download the 1100 odd meg extras file using free download manager.

E-on need a better downloader.

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 10 November 2009 at 1:28 PM

tbird10...UK also, I find the best time to download from e-on is first thing in the morning, very fast then because them across the pond are still in bed!! [LOL].

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

tbird10 ( ) posted Wed, 11 November 2009 at 3:30 AM

Yes, except that's when I started trying to download on this occasion. I agree that usually this is the best time, but didn't seem to make any difference this time. Still, I've got it now, so not too much of a hassle.

thefixer ( ) posted Wed, 11 November 2009 at 3:38 AM

I had a similar issue with the extra's, I tried 3 times to get it, the first two times I ran out of time and had to abort because it said 5 hours, the third try said 2.5 hours and that's when I managed to snag it, all tries were in the morning too!
Maybe we all had the same idea and slowed it down! [LOL].

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.