Sun, Oct 6, 9:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: unhide diels in poser pro

SoulTaker ( ) posted Tue, 10 November 2009 at 3:47 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 7:38 AM

as its says on the tin, well in the subject line anyway, how can you get the hiden diels to show up. I have tried from d3d and it dose not work in PP.
so dose anyone know of another way?
as always thanks ahead of time

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 10 November 2009 at 3:57 PM

The Poser Pocket Knife has that option and works in Poser Pro
http://www.philc.net/PoserPocketKnife.php

It has just been updated to be more compatible with Poser 8. Existing customers have been notified.

SoulTaker ( ) posted Tue, 10 November 2009 at 4:03 PM

thanks philc. I do own some of your stuff and its all good. but sadly I dont think I own that one.
but I am reinstalling  after having my PC stolen. so it may be on my backup or not.
but i was looking for a fast fix

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 10 November 2009 at 4:30 PM · edited Tue, 10 November 2009 at 4:32 PM

file_442833.txt

Heres one that may work, nothing fancy, unhides everything for current figure.

do the usual, rename as .py, put in python folder and run from file >run python etc

SoulTaker ( ) posted Tue, 10 November 2009 at 4:48 PM

thanks markschum.
but it didnt want to play

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 10 November 2009 at 6:33 PM

hmm, I dont have poser pro to test but its a pretty basic script ?

did it show errors ?

DarkEdge ( ) posted Tue, 10 November 2009 at 6:53 PM

I think d3d has a python script that works great for unhiding dials.

Comitted to excellence through art.

SoulTaker ( ) posted Wed, 11 November 2009 at 6:23 AM · edited Wed, 11 November 2009 at 6:24 AM

thanks. darkedge
but see 1st post

lisarichie ( ) posted Wed, 11 November 2009 at 7:07 AM

The d3d script is working fine in PoserPro here.

Do you have it installed to the  :Smith Micro:Poser Pro:runtime:python:poserscripts folder?

If it is in the correct location then open PPro and load the figure that has the dials you want to hide or unhide.

Press SHIFT>CTRL>O to open the Python Scripts window

Select an open slot in the dialog and navigate to the location of the UnHide Dials.py to load it for use.

Select the actor containing the dial you wish to hide or unhide then click the UnHide Dials button in the Python Scripts window.

This opens a dialog that has hidden dials in the left column and visible dials in the right column.

Select the parameters you want to manipulate using standard selection methods and click the appropriate button SHOW or HIDE depending on what you are trying to accomplish.

Save a new CR2 with the changes to the dial visibility.

If you have followed all of the above steps exactly and it still doesn't work then you have some other issue occurring.

Please post any error msgs that pop up if the problem continues.

DarkEdge ( ) posted Wed, 11 November 2009 at 7:22 AM

Sorry I didn't see that, but I have PP as well and it works here too. (???)

SoulTaker ( ) posted Wed, 11 November 2009 at 11:10 AM

thanks the help but it still is not having it.
the error message i get reads
"this application has failed because MSVCR71.dll was not found."
any ideas?

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 11 November 2009 at 12:11 PM

Yup, download the dll.  here is one source http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr71

This is part of the C runtime library, you probably have a later version of it, or you have a problem. 
Putting it in your poser library should work or c:windowssystem32  

Poser 7 uses msvcr80.dll

lisarichie ( ) posted Wed, 11 November 2009 at 12:21 PM · edited Wed, 11 November 2009 at 12:25 PM

Probably a registry error caused during an install or uninstall of software. MSVCR71.dll is associated with drawing drop down boxes so if it's registry entry gets corrupted you lose function for anything that calls it.

1.  Scan for malware and virus infection, if your .DLL was compromised go to step 6.

2.  Download CCleaner and run the registry tool to cleanup your registry. Use the option to make a backup of the current registry in case you need to restore.

1. Check in the C:Windows System32 folder for the MSVCR71.dll, If it is there you will need to update the registry entry. Make note of the date on the file for later reference.

4.  Start>Run> type " regsvr32 MSVCR71**.dll**  "  minus the quotes

(Don't be nervous, nothing is being added to your system at this point simply forcing a refresh of an existing registry entry.)

5.  Try the script again. 

6.  If this does not work then check if there is a newer version of the .DLL available.

7.  Unzip the newer  .DLL to the correct location (Still no need to worry as this is something that is supposed to be installed already)

8.  Repeat steps 4 and 5

Post back with results

SoulTaker ( ) posted Wed, 11 November 2009 at 3:26 PM

I am running XP64
will this change things any?

DarkEdge ( ) posted Wed, 11 November 2009 at 3:36 PM

It shouldn't, that's what I am running too (xp pro)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.