Sat, Sep 21, 3:05 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Had to block renderosity as spam

Rondino ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 9:59 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:09 PM

I had to report this site as spam because everytime an item on my wishlist changed price by 10 cents I would get an email.   The e-mails do not have an unsubscribe button - like most sites that try to be convenient.  So I signed into renderosity and searched how to stop getting these e-mails.  Teh faq said to go to my profile and  check "no" to receiving e-mails special promotions etc.   This was already checked as a no.  I didn't see anything on the wishlist to unsubscribe to this e-mail.  So I reported this sight to a third party e-mail as a spammer.   I am posting because I like this website and want to let you know - I'm sure I'm the only one.

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 10:08 AM · edited Thu, 12 November 2009 at 10:09 AM

If you add something to your wishlist you will receive a notification if that product goes on sale, that is part of the wishlist feature. If you don't want to receive sale information on any item, then you will need to remove it from your wishlist.

That is part of the wishlist feature, its not spam.  You can easily stop getting sale information on an item you chose to be interested in by removing it from your wishlist.

The checking no to special coupons, promotions, etc is regarding newsletter promotions we send out, that is different from a item you put into your wishlist when that vendor puts it on sale so that box on your profile being set to NO, has nothing to do with items you choose on your wishlist.

Regards

AnnieD ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 10:47 AM

Quote - I had to report this site as spam because everytime an item on my wishlist changed price by 10 cents I would get an email.   .  So I reported this sight to a third party e-mail as a spammer.   I am posting because I like this website and want to let you know - I'm sure I'm the only one.

Apparently you have no idea what spam is...you would have to have every item in the store on your wish list to get spammed on price changes.  Admit it...you are just in a bad mood and need to gripe at someone.

*ok, mods can remove my post now..I feel better. *

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

LukeA ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 12:34 PM

Seriously, why report first and ask questions after? That hurts all of us.

LukeA

My latest novel

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.