Thu, Sep 19, 9:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:35 am)

Subject: I hate V4 feet!

giorgio_2004 ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 5:04 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:45 AM

Ok, it's only a rant (and about an old topic).

Yes, I know there is a workaround.

But why they had to create so ugly feet for V4?

Toes are at least a mile long, and most of all, when they bend there is that horrible straight line which seems cut with a knife. I was almost expecting to see a pivot, or a hinge, or whatever is called in English.

So I officially announce that I hate V4 feet. I almost want to create a "V4 feet haters" group on Facebook, collect billions of followers and take over the world. Sorry for the rant but they are just SO ugly.

Giorgio

giorgio_2004 here, ksabers on XBox Live, PSN  and everywhere else.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 5:28 AM

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

giorgio_2004 ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 5:33 AM

Thanks, Acadia, I know that morph and I use it regularly. It is the "workaround" I mentioned in the first post (but I did not have the link at hand, thank you very much for re-posting it).

Giorgio

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 6:01 AM

"I hate V4 feet!"

I hate V4 PERIOD!!!
dph

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

bevans84 ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 7:22 AM

The "feetforshoe" morph helps quite a bit with the shaping, pjz99's toe morph is indispensable, the size morph is, of course, in the morphforms section, and, as far as the general shape, there's the morphbrush.  By the way, morphing across body parts is my sole reason for using P8 over PoserPro.

giorgio_2004 ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 7:34 AM

Quote - The "feetforshoe" morph helps quite a bit with the shaping, pjz99's toe morph is indispensable, the size morph is, of course, in the morphforms section, and, as far as the general shape, there's the morphbrush.

Of course, there are many workarounds, and it's possible to achieve acceptable results, but with a lot of work which should have been unnecessary from the start.

My rant is: oh mighty V4 creators, had you seen at least one real barefoot girl before modeling those ugly things?

Giorgio

Plutom ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 8:48 AM

--- may have been looking at the wrong feet.  Some folks really have toes that can wrap around pull up bars.  Jan

ockham ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 8:58 AM

Considering the basic purpose of Poser figures, it is a little strange that
the artists paid so little attention to the feet ... and hands for that matter.

Granted, boobs are the most common focal point, but lots of men like
other parts of the female anatomy.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

basicwiz ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 9:38 AM · edited Thu, 12 November 2009 at 9:38 AM

They do?
ROFLMAO

Darboshanski ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 9:52 AM

Quote -  They do?
ROFLMAO

Yes they do LOL!

My Facebook Page

redtiger7 ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 11:33 AM

I agree with the others. I hate working with V4 period. There's not much you can do with her "out of the box" and requires so much work (including just getting morphs, etc) just to make the model acceptable. From a machanical point of view she's a step backwards from V3

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 11:35 AM

"make part invisible' is a standard of how I work with her...;)  Thank heaven for big boots and long skirts...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Fazzel ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 4:35 PM

Quote - Considering the basic purpose of Poser figures, it is a little strange that
the artists paid so little attention to the feet ... and hands for that matter.

Granted, boobs are the most common focal point, but lots of men like
other parts of the female anatomy.

Except DAZ left that part out of V4 too.

imax24 ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 4:59 PM · edited Thu, 12 November 2009 at 5:05 PM

Out of the box Vicky 4 is kinda squarish, not very curvy.  Morphs++ must be bought before you can do much even in terms of body part movements. Some parts of her are not very anatomically correct, and "Use Limits" is another term for "Turn On V4's Rheumatoid Arthritis" (the limits on some limb movements is too inhibiting for a real girl of young age). 

And yes, her big clunky default feet are not very feminine even with toenails painted. The person who said we do more than inflate her boobs is absolutely right.

That said, there are wonderful character sets out there, such as Alice 3 and GND4 to name a couple of the best, that turn Vicky's somewhat blockish default form and primitive default skin texture into works of exquisite feminine art.

The whole commercial premise of Vicky and DAZ3D's other products is to get you hooked with a cheap or free base item that soon will have you spending out the nose to really enjoy the product. The Rendo market is not exempt. How many times do you see a new piece of clothing for $9, immediately followed by a texture set for that clothing for $8.25? Released by a different vendor, usually, and obviously in coordination with the clothing vendor. There is nothing wrong with this add-on strategy, and we all understand it for what it is.

Anyway, that's why default V4's feet remain big and clunky and her default shape remains more blockish than curvy, and why she comes out of the box with a butch haircut and ugly purple bikini painted sloppily onto her skin. First thing you want to do is buy stuff to make her beautiful like all the promo pics and glamour-babes you see on product pages.

Not much different than the rest of the world of sales and marketing, really.

giorgio_2004 ( ) posted Fri, 13 November 2009 at 2:27 AM · edited Fri, 13 November 2009 at 2:30 AM

In my opinion V4 is not a bad figure. I mean, I know real women who are much uglier than her. Beauty is subjective, so we can discuss forever about the shape of her breasts and so on.

But no human being will ever have feet so bad. I mean, there is a note on those toes: "Cut here with an axe, please". Just bend them a little and that almost mechanical joint spoils every attempt of realism.

pjz99's morph helps a lot, but we really would need a "shape_those_things_like_real_feet" morph. Maybe set to 999 just to be sure.

(Yes, I am working on an image where the main character wears only a bikini and is barefoot. I am thinking to put on her some heavy boots and to draw a sign: new fashion trend for next summer. After all, I am from Italy, I should be expert of fashion).

Giorgio

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2009 at 9:21 AM

that's why my images are from the neck up

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Mugsey ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 1:05 AM · edited Tue, 17 November 2009 at 1:06 AM

Hey - does anybody remember that scene in "Duece Bigelow - Male Gigolo", where he's greasing up that huge tall woman's massive feet - or should I say "MEGAPODS"! Lmao :lol: .

Michael314 ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 4:47 PM

Hi,
I agree. And just bend them to make them even worse!

Try Antonia for a change.  MUCH better

Best regards,
  Michael

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.