Sun, Oct 6, 8:03 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: 3D Commune has died

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 9:21 PM

Ringbearer your gallery link isn't working properly...just to let you know and welcome.

ringbearer ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 11:21 PM

Thanks Quest, got it fixed now.  I didn't realize it wasn't working.  Thanks for the welcome!

There are a lot of things worse than dying, being afraid all the time would be one.

My Gallery

Chumly ( ) posted Tue, 10 November 2009 at 5:30 AM

Awesome Salmon !!! I have spent a small fortune trying for those things. I used to go on charters out through the Golden Gate a mile or so off shore. Lots of fun but no luck.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's
limits.<br />

Hubert ( ) posted Sun, 15 November 2009 at 12:56 PM

file_443110.jpg

Hello friends!

It was a very sad day, to see 3DC shut down. My sympathy and my Best Wishes to Mark! (If somebody around here could forward these personally to him, please. With greetings from Hubert and "Woody".)

Glad to meet many refugees and some of you nice old chaps again, here at R´sity! :)

Actually, I haven´t posted here at R´sity since long. Not since that site war so many years ago. (It being truly Past and forgotten for me, am holding no grudge! Whereas I´d admit anything, only to avoid that Comfy Chair!!!)

... and now excuse me. Gotta blow the dust off from some "Shiny Spheres" (tm,C,R,IHA) for some new and trippy "Hubisms".

But first, my new Bryce image needs to finish. It is still in progress, as you can see! ;)

Hubert

"All that we see or fear, is but a Sphere inside a Sphere."     (E. A. Pryce -- Tuesday afternoon, 1845)

peedy ( ) posted Sun, 15 November 2009 at 1:05 PM

WOW, it's great to see you again!
That's a long time, alright! :-D
Waiting for more Hubisms!

CORRIE

renderin ( ) posted Sun, 15 November 2009 at 1:40 PM

Great to have your humor and wisdom here, Hubert.
welcome to the refugee camp.

Chumly ( ) posted Sun, 15 November 2009 at 1:53 PM

Great to see you here, Hubert. I have a question, though. Have you had Bryce 1.0 since 1984?

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's
limits.<br />

EngleWolf ( ) posted Sun, 15 November 2009 at 3:03 PM

Nice to see you Hubert!  Did you save that BR1 file to a 5 1/4" floppy!?

ascript ( ) posted Sun, 15 November 2009 at 3:08 PM

Hiya Hubert, good to see you here ;)

Harrison2 ( ) posted Sun, 15 November 2009 at 3:22 PM

Great to see you old man:)).......I see you are still doing shiny spheres, that should keep you in good stead with the Bryster!!

Cheers to cubes,

Ron 

scanmead ( ) posted Sun, 15 November 2009 at 5:11 PM

Hubert!! waves All's right with the world now. ;)  

Bea ( ) posted Sun, 15 November 2009 at 5:27 PM

HI Hubert :) 

Hubert ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 12:26 PM

Hi friends,

glad to read you!! :)

Ya Kids and Youngsters!! 5 1/4" Floppies?? I even remember 8", tape drives and punched cards. I still own my first slide ruler, a log tables book and even a 9 digit "Addimult". (See my link for that, if you really dare! ;)  

hubert-schaefer.com/hubert/temp/photos/Addimult_front__websized-photo.jpg

Now, here is some more about my hyster## ehm historical background:

I never had a Bryce1. That screenshot is a pure fake.

(There exists an according faked screenshot for "ASCII-Poser" too. But I hesitate to post that ehm "extreme" nudity here. No kidding, that certain Poser image then got 1100+ hits in only few weeks here at R´sity!!! Possibly due to my promising thumbnail with fat red text "Extreme Nudity" written all over it. Imho not a true lie... I considered it somehow "extreme", for it being already Poser2 times then.) :)

I started with a Bryce2 -- but did NEVER render with it! I had gotten a Mac version as a surplus NFR package at my company, a software dealer. But I was immediately interested in Bryce and achieved to get a surplus Bryce3D version very soon afterwards, for my PC this time. Not too fast a PC, I might add. But I didn´t render much with it and immediately learned to hate volumetric clouds and nested transparencies for their render times.

Soon later I got a Bryce4 and discovered the "Inside of Shiny Spheres". These abstract images (often quite unexpected results for Bryce) were much quicker to render and much more fun, than doing "land(beep)scapes" in Bryce. Since then, I have a certain ehm reputation for doing that trippy and fun stuff. (Not to mention "Woody" here.).

Besides: I have BR 5.0 and 5.5, but migrated back to Bryce4 asap, for various reasons then.

PS: It was mostly that encouraging feedback at these 3D communities, which really boosted my Bryce activities and many scenes. Thus: thanks to all of you, whom I met over the years!! 

Lately, I hadn´t much time to render and to contribute often. Not even as a "3D Communist". Life and Job became quite demanding. But I´ll see to render and to upload some (new) shiny results here on next weekend.

Oops... sorry for that excessive babbling, but I am so overwhelmed by all these old memories! ;)

Read ya later.

Be Nice to Bryce and Cheers to Spheres,
Hubert

"All that we see or fear, is but a Sphere inside a Sphere."     (E. A. Pryce -- Tuesday afternoon, 1845)

peedy ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 12:45 PM

Aren't those memories awesome? :-)

Thanks for sharing!

CORRIE

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 6:15 PM

Kind of late to this topic, but I just wanted to extend the welcome to everyone who is a former 3DC member.

Grincho ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 11:21 PM

My God, we oldtimers are really getting on. Ten years and over as members for many of us.
The snap below could be a reunion photo of some of the 3DCommune refugees.

Grincho ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 1:24 AM

Do any of you remember the picture below, from the 3DCommune Forums?
It is Thanksgiving at the 3DCommune, Someone made a copy of it with arrows indicating how the Turkey was manipulated by hidden wires.

peedy ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 1:28 AM

ROTFL!
Great pic!

CORRIE

Grincho ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 2:05 PM

Anyone remember IRONBEAR? Here he is in close-up.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 5:53 PM

You had me almost fooled with the chicken and the wires, than I realised that it was a rendered chicken composited into the shot, with some noise filter to make it blend and look authentic. ;)

Grincho ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 10:25 PM

I FOUND IT.
HERE IS THE 3DCOMMUNE THANKSGIVING PICTURE WITH THE MEMBERS NAMES FILLED IN.

Harrison2 ( ) posted Fri, 20 November 2009 at 9:18 AM

Yes, I remember you Grincho, Groucho, Tim etc!! That was a long time ago. This last image is the one I remember, brings back lots of memories:))

Thanks,

H2 

Grincho ( ) posted Fri, 20 November 2009 at 11:04 PM

What ever happened to Yamato. His website has not changed in 3, or 4 years. He had some great freebies for that time.
Also, why has Batlab stop posting new models. I would like a Killy Suit for V4 and A4. by the Bat.

Here are some interview photos with Bat and Yamato taken during the:
"Where in the world is the 3DCommune"
In Japan of course

Grincho ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2009 at 2:07 AM

Take a look at this post from years ago.
http://www.renderosity.com/news.php?viewStory=244

brycetech ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2009 at 9:14 AM

wow...seeing some interesting stuff in this thread. Makes me flash back to a different time. Welcome to all the 3dc "rats" (said lovingly). I had forgotten the turkey picture from back then.

wow.
...makes me want to dig up the old stuff and add to this trip down memory lane.
BT

Grincho ( ) posted Tue, 24 November 2009 at 2:45 AM

Grincho ( ) posted Fri, 01 January 2010 at 12:54 PM · edited Fri, 01 January 2010 at 1:01 PM

Hmmm, either the 3DCommune refugees drank Mark's kool-aid, or they went on some hell of a binge New Year's Eve.

peedy ( ) posted Fri, 01 January 2010 at 1:00 PM

LOL!
Maybe both???? ;-D

Corrie

Grincho ( ) posted Fri, 01 January 2010 at 11:15 PM

The Renderosity Board of Directors begins a New Year. Now we know why there is so much ..... well.... never mind

Grincho ( ) posted Sat, 02 January 2010 at 11:34 PM

The Renderosity Headquarters Board Meeting ends with revolutionary movements for the New Year. A peek at whats (swirling) coming and then a happy flush all around.
The Board watlzes out of the room to the sounds of the "Radetzky March"

peedy ( ) posted Sun, 03 January 2010 at 12:10 AM

Heheheheehe

Grincho ( ) posted Sun, 03 January 2010 at 12:53 AM

Hey all you fellow geekos... that's "waltzes" not watlzes"...my spelling is getting worse as I age.
My New Year's request to Renderosity is that they allow unlimited time for editing posts, instead of just a few minutes.
Sometimes we catch a mistake on a post, or would prefer to remove a post that we regretted posting in the first place, but can't do so because the editing time limit has passed.

By the way, here is a photo of Mark, and some fellow 3Dcommuners, making a fast getaway.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.