Tue, Oct 22, 12:55 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: DITI 11-18-09

bentchick ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 3:32 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:53 PM

file_443303.jpg

So here is another DITI  (DO IT TO IT)!

Which is exactly that! I'm uploading a picture and you manipulate it anyway you want!
Get creative and have fun while honing your postwork skills!

Bruce started a Diti last week and I was the first one to post a picture of  his original photo manipulated how I wanted it to look.

So the first person to post my picture manipulated will get to post a picture of their own on next Monday. If you choose not to post a picture, please let the next person to post after you know that they can post in your place.

Thanks and have fun!
Kim

Kim Hawkins

Kim Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery

LovelyPoetess ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 10:17 PM

file_443338.jpg

Ohhhhh, this one was fun!!!!  

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

So where do they go when a photograph leaves you speechless? 

bmac62 ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 3:19 AM

file_443345.jpg

Nothing earth shaking here, but I tried lots of tools and filters I don't usually use.  "twas a good drill for me. Will see if I can dream up something more in the next day or two. Bill:)

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes."

helanker ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 4:56 AM · edited Thu, 19 November 2009 at 4:57 AM

file_443354.jpg

Here is a double play from me. :-)   I love to play with that image. Thanks for letting us. :)

bentchick ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 11:14 AM

Very creative!!! Love the abstract looks, Poetess and Helle!
Bill, so tell us what filters you tried out. I love experimenting with new looks too and Diti is a good place to do it!

So, Poetess, you get to start the next DITI on Monday (or you can post it Sunday or whatever day is good for you).

Thanks for joining in! Let's see who else will play!

Kim Hawkins

bmac62 ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 11:42 AM

Yvonne and Helle, I've never tried the abstracts...they look great...lots and lots of layers for sure.

bentchick, I was afraid I might get asked that question:-)  Three obvious (new to me) filters are the windblown, the spherical and the lens flare (all in PS CS4). I used at least 10-12 other filters/tools, a few of which I backed out of since they didn't help at all in this particular image and color palette. Also cloned away the connecting zig-zag between the deer just to change the look a little more.

BTW, What is this...a boot scraper maybe?

TomDart ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 5:56 PM

file_443404.jpg

Kim, here is a try...

MrsLubner ( ) posted Fri, 20 November 2009 at 12:59 AM

OH! This is really awesome! Everyone of these is fantastic and I can only shake my head at what I see. I'm not an abstract person as a rule but these are really interesting! I might even try an abstract myself... I've got several ideas.

Tom, I love what you did with this!

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

helanker ( ) posted Fri, 20 November 2009 at 2:11 AM

OHH" That makes me think about Solvognen.     http://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solvognen   But this is not the thread Instant Recall LOL !

TomDart ( ) posted Fri, 20 November 2009 at 9:08 AM

Thanks, helanker.  The Solvognen was new to me and is an astonishing discovery.

bentchick ( ) posted Fri, 20 November 2009 at 10:56 AM

Tom! That is sooooo cool! I love it!

I thought I would mention that this is a metal sculpture in my friends cactus garden. I had a wonderful time shooting her garden late one afternoon. Lots of wonderful lighting. I really should post some of the shots I got to my gallery!

Bill, I have CS4 also, but still learning all the filters and LOTS of plug-ins!
I like the spherical look! I will have to try that on some shots! Thanks!

Kim Hawkins

helanker ( ) posted Fri, 20 November 2009 at 11:18 AM

You are welcome Tom and can you imagine... I have  worked in the local Museum that actually owned it.. though they were only allowed to have a copy, while the National Museum wanted the original by themself. Ok they can better take good care of it.  But last year it was actually for a while in the local museum. It is found in an area very close to my home :-) Only few years ago they found a tiny peace of one of the wheels. Man! so long time after the first find. Fantastic :-)

MrsLubner ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2009 at 2:07 AM

file_443501.jpg

OK! That was fun! :-)

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

bmac62 ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2009 at 2:46 AM

Ooooweee, this is quite stunning PJ.
And Tom...like your  sphere...I too got a little education in Danish relics thanks to this and Helle's note:)
Kim, don't tell your friend that I thought his/her metal sculpture might be a boot scraper...lol.

helanker ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2009 at 2:54 AM

bmac62

bentchick ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2009 at 1:28 PM

LOL! A boot scraper? I know you cant quite tell the size of it by the photo, but I think it might not withstand a scraping! I won't tell if you don't!

PJ! What a fun post! It looks like it would make a great notecard!!!

Kim Hawkins

bentchick ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2009 at 1:32 PM

file_443522.jpg

Here's one I did a quick few filters on in Harry's Filters (gotta love those free plugins)!

I have an idea of another one I want to do, but I have to find an older photo that I took a few years ago and that could take awhile! If I can wing it, I'll post it sooner than later! LOL :P

Kim Hawkins

helanker ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2009 at 1:36 PM

What a great fun it is watching all these excellent collaborations :-)))  So amusing :-)

MrsLubner ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2009 at 3:20 PM

file_443530.jpg

This has been a great reason not to go clean out the kitchen cabinets but I need to do that now before I become obsessed with this game. :-)

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

helanker ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2009 at 6:03 PM

Beautiful and a great idea PJ.

bentchick ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2009 at 8:55 AM

Oh, but it's such a fun obsession! :)

Kim Hawkins

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.