Fri, Oct 4, 2:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Smith Micro making Cold Calls

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 11 November 2009 at 7:54 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 12:16 PM

Anyone else getting cold calls from Smith Micro? I'm traveling and on the road right now in Houston. Got a cellphone call from Smith Micro yesterday trying to get me to answer a survey for free stuff at CP. I, being somewhat busy driving my RV in Houston Traffic, told them to call back next week.  I wonder if they will? I wonder what the $$$ in CP Free stuff would have been if I'd taken the time and risked my neck in traffic to answer their questions?

InfoCentral ( ) posted Wed, 11 November 2009 at 8:25 PM

Quote - I wonder what the $$$ in CP Free stuff would have been if I'd taken the time and risked my neck in traffic to answer their questions?

Probably the same free stuff you can download for CP when you get home.

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 11 November 2009 at 11:14 PM

Hahahahh !  If they tried cold-calling me, they'd be paying international call rates !

Eternal Hobbyist

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 12:25 AM
LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 12:49 AM

Well, I told them to call me when I get back to Saint Louis next week and the girl said she would. We shall see.

mylemonblue ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 1:51 AM

Hahaha... Tell them you're frustrated because Poser 8 wont run on Linux. 😉

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 2:25 AM

mylemon the last time I checked Poser4-7pro do run on Linux. :b_grin:

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

basicwiz ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 9:42 AM

How have you been able to pull that one off?

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 11:38 AM

wine wine wine and complain...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

basicwiz ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 12:24 PM

The reason I'd asked was, wine is hiow I've tried to make it work, and never got things to really work well that way. I've not tried Poser 8 under Ubuntu, however. Perhaps it's time to dust things off and try again. Many thanks!

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 12:31 PM

Ubuntu 9.04 was the last version I tried, with wine Poser7Pro ran like it was in Windows.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 3:05 PM

Shakes head at Linux topic change and walks away...muttering. "Damn kids on my lawn again."   :tt2:

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 5:30 PM

They'll not succeed if they try that with me.  I leave my phone switched off except when I'm using it.

My cell hasn't needed recharging for four months ....

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 7:45 PM

Quote - They'll not succeed if they try that with me.  I leave my phone switched off except when I'm using it.

My cell hasn't needed recharging for four months ....

Do they even have cell phone coverage in caves in the woods? :tt2:

Daymond42 ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 8:54 PM

They'd likely never get a hold of me. My phone is on silent and tucked away when I'm at work. Shame. No one ever calls me.. emo emo

:D

Currently using Poser Pro 2012 (Display Units = feet)

AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz (6 cores)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Rance01 ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 6:03 PM · edited Wed, 18 November 2009 at 6:04 PM

Gone for three weeks at a time and zero messages when I DO get home.  No news is GOOD news.

-R

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 6:12 PM

called me, pleasant lass, nice chat.
no issues with 'em calling me again actually.

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 7:55 PM

file_443327.jpg

> Quote - They'll not succeed if they try that with me.  I leave my phone switched off except when I'm using it. > > My cell hasn't needed recharging for four months ....

Im a Skype user Not even reachable by Phone

I make free Wi-fi calls from my laptop or PSP handheld
my city ( New York) is heavily wifi 'd

Oh and I use "skypecap" which can record any of my calls so

I warn you no funny business!!!

My website

YouTube Channel

TZORG ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 10:24 AM

Didn't they ask you to please not tell people they called...

It's not the tool used, it's the tool using it

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 10:26 AM

not me.. she did'nt say anything like that at all.

just a very pleasant call.

TZORG ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 10:35 AM

Was it so pleasant that by the end she didn't want to ruin it by asking you for anything? I've encountered this with strippers who are good conversationalists

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 10:38 AM

Oh I never said she wasn't pleasant on both calls I recieved. She was more than pleasant, which is as it should be since it was costing me money what with it being my cellphone minutes she was using!

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 10:44 AM

TZORG ...you know there's no point in carrying this on. she was pleasant. she was selling and she wasn't a stripper. she was someone doing their job. there's no need to draw those comparisons. but hey. she's fair game huh?

LostinSpaceman as to costing you money. your own fault. you gave them a number that costs you money to answer. thats not their fault at all is it? you chose to give that number......sorry, show some commonsense huh?

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 10:46 AM

Excuse me, but I don't HAVE a landline and when a phone number is required, just what the hell do you expect me to put in that field? Sorry, I shouldn't have to expect cold calls to buy what I've already purchased from a company!

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 10:58 AM · edited Thu, 19 November 2009 at 10:59 AM

and you not having a landline is their problem how? apply some logic man.

end of conversation with you. not interested in you being affronted for the next week thanks.

Diogenes ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 11:39 AM

Yes, and I got a good deal on Morpheous :) The lady on the phone was very pleasant. I asked her alot of questions she didn't know the answers to, whens Pro coming out, is CP going to open a new forum etc. But a pleasant conversation, definitely not a pressure salesman. She can call me anytime.

I was impressed by the salespersons demenor. A stark contrast to most other companies who call to sell me something who will not take no as an answer. And I have enjoyed Poser over the years and hope it will continue, so they have my support in this trying economy. Looking forward to Poser Pro.

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 12:08 PM · edited Thu, 19 November 2009 at 12:13 PM

Quote - and you not having a landline is their problem how? apply some logic man.

end of conversation with you. not interested in you being affronted for the next week thanks.

You just don't get it do you. I'm not so bothered by the call as the reason behind it which from what I've been reading here and at DAZ is to sell me what I already have. Sorry you can't differentiate that from what I've posted.

In anycase, if I'm affronted, it's because I'm moving from one state to another and that just puts stress on me that makes dealing with Poser issues all the more irritating when I'm called to buy something I already own while driving an RV in traffic in a new city. So yeah, I'm a bit on edge and irritable and ignoring my posts would serve you and I better if you could just do it.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 12:10 PM

end of conversation with you.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 12:13 PM

So stop replying!

MikeMoss ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 1:18 PM

Hi

Yes they called me too, I was quite surprised to get a call on a real phone from them.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

bigjobbie ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 3:14 PM

Quote - Yes, and I got a good deal on Morpheous :) The lady on the phone was very pleasant. I asked her alot of questions she didn't know the answers to, whens Pro coming out, is CP going to open a new forum etc. But a pleasant conversation, definitely not a pressure salesman. She can call me anytime.

I was impressed by the salespersons demenor. A stark contrast to most other companies who call to sell me something who will not take no as an answer. And I have enjoyed Poser over the years and hope it will continue, so they have my support in this trying economy. Looking forward to Poser Pro.

Wonder if it was someone in-house or they've farmed these calls out to a service/call centre. Sounds like she had a questionaire but no real info about the company or smith Micro of value.

I don't have a mobile/cell phone - why does it cost you money to receive? Because you're using a different system from the person calling you?

Cheers

TZORG ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 3:25 PM

On my cell I pay per minute that I talk, no matter who made the call. That's the entire cost of the phone service. If I don't want to pay for a call, it's my job not to answer the phone.

FrankT ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 3:28 PM

UK mobiles are free for the receiver of the call.

Of course, someone needs to call my landline to ask me to turn the mobile on before they can call em on it ...

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 9:04 PM

Yeah as Tzorg said, I pay for minutes used. On top of that, I was roaming out of state when the calls both came in so I had roaming charges on top of it. As I also had a great uncle who was in the hospital all last week and not doing very well, not answering the phone was not an option.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 20 November 2009 at 10:41 PM

And the punchline came today when she called back for the third and hopefully final call. I told her I already had Poser 8 and I wasn't interested in Animation Master because I was in the middle of a move and cash was tight. She said they'd be emailing me some sort of CP freebies in 30 minutes. Well, I guess they figured out that I was the guy saying all this awful stuff on Rendo because that email never came. Like I said, lousy customer service.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2009 at 5:03 PM

Yeah such lousy customer service to call you 3 times and try and finally mail you something.

sheesh!

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2009 at 5:33 PM · edited Sat, 21 November 2009 at 5:37 PM

Quote - Yeah such lousy customer service to call you 3 times and try and finally mail you something.

sheesh!

You're really bright aren't you? They weren't "Servicing" me! They were selling! On my dime! if they had followed through on the freebies, it might have made wasting my airtime minutes worth something. As it stands now, well, a fanboi like you just wouldn't get it so never mind. For what it's worth I asked to have my number taken off their call list and was told that that would take 30 days.

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2009 at 6:27 PM

BTW, did anyone note the area code and number  they were calling from?  I screen my calls and don't pick up if I don't recognise the number, but if they are giving away free stuff, I might be willing to chat, being the cheap rascal that I am...

Sorry to hear about your grand-uncle, LiSm.  :sad:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Rance01 ( ) posted Mon, 23 November 2009 at 5:24 PM

Just got my call.  I have an unlisted phone number and am on the 'do not call list.'  Obviously they have my number in their data base.  Talked for a while -- he had to tell me how wonderful Poser 8 is -- even though I've read most of the goods on the software here.  He didn't know, or at least said he didn't know, about how Content Paradise punted all of their former registered users.  I told him I had never re-registered but he sent me a link to the freestuff anyway.  It says you can use your Smith Micro OR Content Paradise account to log on.  For the life me I can't find any Smith Micro account information (I'm usually pretty good about keeping track of user names and passwords).  Went through a few tries to get at the goods - even had them re-send my password - and STILL was never able to log on to their site.  I looked all over my computer for a username and password.  ::: shrugs it off :::

For those who ARE interested in picking up Poser 8 the deal their offering is pretty good.  I didn't care for some of the changes in V7 and am still using Poser 6.  Getting a new machine soon and hope to load P6 and 7 on that box.  The second licence for Poser 6 was too cheap to pass up ...

Well, so it goes.
Rªnce

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.