Mon, Oct 21, 6:13 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Updated Vue 4.01 beta

e-on ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2001 at 11:13 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 8:24 PM

Just wanted to let those of you who are using the 4.01 beta know that we've just updated it. You can get it from the same place. Final release is expected next week. Enjoy! Steve.

Varian ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2001 at 11:34 AM

Sounds great, Steve! Thanks for keeping in touch with us here! :)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2001 at 11:38 AM

Dear Steve, get it from the same place, what place was that, I am sorry I deleted the address. Could you give it to me again, and like Varian says thanks for keeping in touch. Sharen

Varian ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2001 at 12:14 PM
SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2001 at 12:17 PM

Thanks Varian, sorry to be such a bother. We can always count on you. Sharen

Varian ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2001 at 12:27 PM

No bother at all! I wish it was so easy to keep things handy while offline! (Where did I put the remote?) grin

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2001 at 1:45 PM

I hear it is my age......ah but to be young again....... ah...never mind.....be young again now.....NOT....I should say....ah to have a memory again Sharen:-)

thip ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2001 at 2:15 PM

OT : Be happy, Sharen. As Mark Twain said, you only need two things to enjoy a long, happy life : robust health and a poor memory ;-)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2001 at 3:59 PM

LOL Sharen:)

MikeJ ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2001 at 4:20 PM

WAAAAAHHHHHH!! I missed it becaue I was off at work all day. What was it, a new download URL? Or was the old URL updated with the updated update? ;/ Anyhow, I wrote to Steve Bell as soon as I could, but I'm afraid they're gone for the day at E-on and probably for the weekend, and I guess I just missed out. :(

bloodsong ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2001 at 4:51 PM

d'oh!!! i havent installed the first one yet. MIKE! SAME URL, DIFFERENT DOWNLOAD. you been working too hard, you goof :) now dig your e-on email outta the trash and click on the url in it.

MikeJ ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2001 at 5:06 PM

Ah yes, The Goof strikes again... Thank you. :)

Cheers ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2001 at 5:29 PM

Yipppeeeeeee!!!!!!!! My LongGrass now works with this patch, even though I swear it growth is more stunted than it was in Vue 3...cheers Steve :D Cheers

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

MikeJ ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2001 at 5:37 PM

Woooohooo...my Schefflera works too! :)

BrianR ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2001 at 6:34 PM

Great, cheers!!

tesign ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2001 at 11:43 PM

Is there any difference in this update file size? All looks the same to me and what is updated over the old beta 4.01? Does anyone know?..beside Steve Bell of course.

Varian ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2001 at 11:49 PM

I haven't had hardly any chance to fiddle with it, but it's 2K larger (for whatever that's worth), and my Sonneratia now loads (Mike's Schefflera, Cheers's Long Grass), so the vegetation thingie got fixed for sure. :)

tesign ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2001 at 12:15 AM

Hmmm...2K larger?...when installing it...before they wrote over every file, I was checking the size of each and they all looks the same to me. Did I missed something?...or is there a new file included? I downloaded it from the same link when Steve first send me. Please advise...anyone. Thanks in advance.

Varian ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2001 at 12:32 AM

The first was 4930 kb, the second 4932 kb. Yes, from the same link.

tesign ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2001 at 12:37 AM

Thanks Varian...I did not check the download size as a whole. Then there must be an additional file then :) What I did was download over the old one (same file name).

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2001 at 7:51 AM

Ok... I finally got a chance to try the 2nd patch. My poser imports got fixed apparently. However, one of my scenes stil freezes vue around 72% with 10 lights :) added more RAM, defragmented the hard drive, optimized the memory, lit a candle in the nearest church... with no result. It is too big to send e-on by email but I can try to uplad the scene on my website if they want to look at it (13 Meg).

e-on ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2001 at 9:40 AM

Sure Agiel, please upload the file somewhere and let me know where it is so we can take a look. Thanks for your time. Steve.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.