Sun, Oct 6, 5:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: I finally bit the bullet and bought ATE

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2009 at 6:21 PM · edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 7:50 AM

its downloading right now so figured I would talk about it.
Download speeds are VERY slow. hours to dl the content, on a 10meg dl line ...but its only coming down at 150-200kb/sec.
Content
legacy content
installer
SR2
CP free content
pretty good grab of stuff to start with...and then add in my 25gig of content or so :)

I'm on P6, so this should be a pretty good jump of features for the upgrade price. I thought maybe SM would have some specials, but nothing, so I couldn't take it anymore. Probably will sell it for $69 or something soon now.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2009 at 9:24 PM

downloaded..and now trying to install..the zip extractions are going slowwwwwwwwww....

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2009 at 10:39 PM

file_443834.jpg

pleasant surprise ... it took awhile to install, but all is now completed.

The gui looks really busy when it first loads.
Getting used to the new library is going to take some time. I did not and do not like DAZ Studio library and this is very similar.

Rendering : very fast compared to P6 ... wow..this is nice. Full firefly seems like its about half as long as rendering in P6. Using even HDR IBL lights

so ... my FIRST P8 render ... she's shocked too :)

NoelCan ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2009 at 11:03 PM

Happy Rendering...!

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2009 at 11:15 PM

file_443835.jpg

this is better than twitter ... anyway, my second render is now in progress. Hair still slows the deal down quite a bit, but not anywhere as bad as P6. I may do a lot of bald people :)

Here's another one using
Maria ...straight out of the box ...  using the P8 backlight canned setup.
I still wonder why no one supports the Poser figures. They're really not that bad, and I actually like them. BUT NOW .we have Phil's Wardrobe Wizard, so we can take all those clothes we bought for Victoria 1-4 and port them over .... yee haw !

look into my eyes ... Maria Maria 
 need to play with the lights a lot more..this setup just doesn't do it. bad render :) but its number 2, so it will do. I pulled the plug on it ...
And I won't be putting up all my renders I do in P8 this weekend, so be relax :)

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2009 at 11:32 PM

a resume render would be nice

NoelCan ( ) posted Sat, 28 November 2009 at 3:23 AM

Quote - a resume render would be nice

Ditto to that...!

aeilkema ( ) posted Sat, 28 November 2009 at 4:41 AM

Quote - The gui looks really busy when it first loads. Getting used to the new library is going to take some time. I did not and do not like DAZ Studio library and this is very similar.

Rendering : very fast compared to P6 ... wow..this is nice. Full firefly seems like its about half as long as rendering in P6. Using even HDR IBL lights

Rendering is fast very fast indeed. The UI is crowded indeed, I prefer the old one. As for the library, there are excellent alternatives available, which should have been incorporated into P8, instead of the one SM choose.

Quote - a resume render would be nice

That would be very very nice indeed.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 28 November 2009 at 7:00 AM

The good thing about the new gui is that you can easily rearrange and turn off the things you never use. (well you could that in previous versions as well, but IMO it's easier in P8. Takes a little getting used to of course, but isn't that always the case with new software? :)

The first render you showed looks like there's no shadows, the inner mouth is glowing which surprised me, P8 usually does a better job than that.

As for the hair rendering. If you want a REALLY pleasant surprise, try loading one of the dynamic hair and trender that. It both renders a LOT faster than transmapped hair, and finally actually looks like hair, too. It has certainly re-sparked my interest in dynamic hair. I hope some hair makers are listening ;)

And yes, a Resume Render would be awesome. But I'm not holding my breath for it... :)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Plutom ( ) posted Sat, 28 November 2009 at 9:07 AM

One thing to try if you have not found it so far, use the hiearchy dropdown menu and click on body.  You will get hundreds of FBM to play around with--and they are nicely grouped.

One other thing, in the sticky Making Alyson unique, put some of your renderings there.  Okay a shameful plug-I want to see other folks Poser 8 stuff, I need ideas.

Your first pictures are pretty good by the way. Jan

UVDan ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2009 at 7:28 PM
Forum Moderator

I give up.  What is ATE?

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

linkdink ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2009 at 7:52 PM

ATE = 8

Gallery

UVDan ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2009 at 8:09 PM
Forum Moderator

Thanks linkdink.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2009 at 8:18 PM

yay! great can't wait to see more of your renders :)

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2009 at 9:07 PM

you know..sort of word play ..bit and ate go together ...
8 is correct.

UVDan ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2009 at 9:22 PM
Forum Moderator

You know I could not find a single acronym that would fit, but my mind just would not make the connection to eight=ate.  I really need some oxygen in my blood.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.