Sun, Oct 6, 10:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: No 50% off sale this year at RO??

SDLife ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 11:45 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 8:12 AM

Last year starting at this time...RO had 50% off. I was only able to spend a couple hundred due to be new at this and un-prepaired financially. So this year I've been saving lots of $$$$ for their big year end sale. And my wish list is extensive. But if all they are going to do is this "Holiday to Remember Vendor Group Sale"...then they aren't getting my $$$$.

It would be one thing is the vendors whole store was on sale but it isn't.

I was hoping to complete some products. I've bought expansions at discounts and was hoping to get the base products at discounts to so I could use them. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. I guess I'll be waiting longer.

Looks as tho Daz will be getting my $$$$ since they extended their 50% off sale. Same with RDNA.

Please RO...get with it!

Thanks for letting me Rant!

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 11:47 AM · edited Tue, 01 December 2009 at 11:52 AM

The 55% off Vendor Group Sale started today as it always starts on the 1st day of December and that is what is an annual event that is usually a 50% off sale so not sure what else you referring to??

SDLife ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 1:06 PM · edited Tue, 01 December 2009 at 1:09 PM

But the vendors whole store was on sale. I'm looking at my order Dec 1st last year and ShanaC's whole store was on sale when she came up. Same with Rons Deviney, Freja and others. Is this still the case? Because I'd really love to spend $$$$ here.

LadyElf ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 2:59 PM

And the year before that it was a 50% off of $50 I think...which I would much prefer.  A vendor group sale really helps me very little as I either already have the older (and it is older stuff) or it's stuff I didn't want anyway and it's someone else's choice as opposed to what I as a customer wants.

Sad, sad......:(

laschae ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 3:49 PM

I was prepared to spend alot more than I should and deem it as Christmas gift to myself but I don't see me buying any of the stuff currently offered at 55% off.  I do  much rather prefer coupons and being able to whittle away at the wishlist and things that are most inspiring to me.  Maybe next time put it to a vote?  I think a 50% off coupon would have been a winner :)

kathym ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 3:56 PM

Like SDLife, I save my hard to come by extra cash for deep discounted sales. 55% off is terrific - the product selection however is .. well in a word, lame. It appears to be all older stuff, like Ladyelf stated - stuff I venture to guess didnt sell well to begin with and hence the reason its in this sale. I would have much rather had a 50% off $50 sale where all vendors & items where included.

Just enjoying the Vue. :0)

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 4:10 PM

The whole vendor's store isn't on sale during a Vendor Group sale, it's just the product they want to put in that sale??

We had a cybermonday coupon last year, not sure of the amount but that was a one day percent off coupon so that might be what you are referring to but in vendor group sales, its not their whole store.

Keep in mind that each week of December different items will be on sale for 55%  so in total its close to 400 products that will be at this 55% discounted products.  The Vendor Group sales do very very well so while I understand you might not particuliarly care for this promo, lots of other customers do as its an annual tradition that many customers look forward to. We do coupons quite often as we just had the CyberMonday coupon yesterday but it's nice to do various promotional offers as well.

Regards
Stacey

76claudia2205 ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 4:16 PM
Online Now!

No offense to anyone here, but indeed it would been better to have a 50% off sale with all vendors and their products included. That way Renderosity and their vendors would realy make huge money and I mean HUGE....That way customers would spend much more money.

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 4:26 PM

There are special events where a whole (or most) of a vendors store is on sale for  50%, for example just recently there was the "Toxic Sale' .

In the coming year there will be lots of special promotions to look forward too and I'm sure that some customers will like some promotions better than others and that is to be expected, but hopefully we can satisfy everyone:)

Have a great evening!!

LadyElf ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 4:58 PM · edited Tue, 01 December 2009 at 5:00 PM

Right, we understand what it is, we're just saying that there were a lot of people (not just those posting to the thread here) but at other communities that were actually waiting for the 50% off of $50 coupon that we have seen before in December from here.

Whether or not there are more promos to come throughout the next year isn't even the point. It was the point of having this for December before Christmas, where we felt we could justify spending just a little bit more on ourselves before we started spending it on others LOL!!

I understand that  you all think that having the vendors pick and choose what they want on sale is a good thing, but for a lot of us, it's again older product that we either already have or didn't want....and that's fine, it just means that this year, instead of spending $100 with a 50% off coupon I'll save that money and spend it elsewhere...and I think that I'm probably not the only one.

Having a vendors store thing like this isn't anything really special, it's done throughout the year here.  We were just hoping that with all of the other fabulous sales everywhere else, that Rendo would come through with one as well.  I had actually saved money up for it this year.
Borders will probably get it now as Christmas presents for others, which is probably a good thing LOL!!

I think lasche is right, maybe next year have a vote on it ....I could almost guarantee you that the 50% off of $50 will win.

Have a nice evening Stacey :)

SndCastie ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 5:32 PM

Well I know there isn't much I want either looks like stuff that might not have sold first time around so they are trying to get it to sell now. I am sorry but that is the way it looks to me.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

kathym ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 5:34 PM

Quote - Well I know there isn't much I want either looks like stuff that might not have sold first time around so they are trying to get it to sell now. I am sorry but that is the way it looks to me.

I'm getting that vibe too, IMHO.

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 6:10 PM

Actually it seems a lot of customers didn't already have alot of the items in this first week's Vendor Group sale because they are doing very very well already.  

Like I stated before, each person has their own preference for how they like to see things and hopefully with upcoming promotions throughout the year, everyone can benefit:)

Happy Holidays to all!!

LadyElf ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 6:22 PM · edited Tue, 01 December 2009 at 6:24 PM

Well, except I think this is a lot more then just a 'few' customers.  Are they doing well?  I don't have sales figures so I couldn't verify that, so I'll just have to take your word on it. :)

I'm just voicing what I'm reading at other communities as well.  And I just went through those that are on sale and out of what is on there, three I had already purchased, none of the others on my wishlist. 

shrugs But that's okay. 

I just think that Renderosity surprised quite a few people by going this route this year, is all.  Me I'm definately disappointed...but you already knew that or I wouldn't be posting in the first place :)

Happy Holidays to you as well Stacey and the rest of the Renderosity staff.  I'm sure you'll be glad to see the holiday again :)

LadyElf ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 6:26 PM

Oh and if they do go on sale and it's on our wishlist, will we get a notification like we normally do?

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 7:39 PM

Yes I believe you will get a notification if they are on the wishlist. I'll double check with Deb and let you know for sure.

Yes I'm ready for the Holidays!! I love love Christmas

JenX ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 8:20 PM

Not to be a bug...but, the sale last year was handled the exact same way, and no one had a problem with it last year.  It may be because different vendors offered different things this year.  For those of you with access to the Vendors Support forum, I can PM you the link in the forum where the sale was organized.   

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

LadyElf ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 1:59 AM

Not being a bug Jen :)  I knew you all did it like that last year. 

JenX ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 2:16 AM · edited Wed, 02 December 2009 at 2:17 AM

Attached Link: Sale Pages

Well, then I'm confused as to what the fuss is about.  The 50% off $50 last year was a Cyber Monday only coupon, and Cyber Monday happened to fall on the 1st of December.  This year, yes, the coupon was less, it was 30% off of $30, but it was still made available.

The vendor group sale is something different.  Yes, it is organized, and the sales data logistics handling is done, by Deb and Preston, however, the items are chosen by the vendors.  There will be different items on sale next week than there are this week.  None of which are chosen by Deb and Preston (unless RPublishing items are in there)....

So, please, forgive me if I'm wrong, what you're all saying is that what the vendors so far have offered, at a discount of 55%, isn't satisfactory?  I can understand not liking things, but these sales, historically, change every week.  You may not like what's on offer this week, but it will change next week, as it does every year.  If you don't see your favorite vendors in the sale, well, the best you can do is send them a friendly sitemail letting them know how much you <3 their stuff, and that you hope to see their stuff in the sale...then again, some of the larger merchants have their own fun deals in December.  Renderosity can't make anyone put things on sale.  All Deb and Preston can do is organize the sale, and let vendors know that there's an opportunity to join in.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

LadyElf ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 2:57 AM · edited Wed, 02 December 2009 at 3:00 AM

And that could be where the confusion is, on the cyber monday from last year then.

Yes I think everyone knows that the vendors choose the products.

I don't think it's a 'satisfactory thing' I think it's a ' we were hoping for the 50% off $50 thing so we could purchase what we really wanted and not necessarily what the vendors wanted to put on sale' thing.  Money is tight, and as such, people are going to be wanting what they want more then the normal type of impulse sale that this type of vendor sale brings. As it is, the things in my cart have now been wishlisted and I just won't buy.  If they show up next week great, but after next week, I cease purchasing until the new year, simply because my money will go towards Christmas for others and not myself.  Believe me my cart was bulging with products, as it is, now you'll make maybe 20 bucks from me instead of probably over $100.  It was going to be my Christmas present to myself :)

All I know is there was a lot of talk among people around other communities, emails, chat rooms etc  of anticipation of the 50% off again and when it didn't show people were disappointed.  I think if people want to be disappointed they can be, they have that right I would think.  It's the nature of the beast.  I'm disappointed, others are disappointed, so we say so, in hopes that maybe next time it will be different. 

It was suggested to put it to a member vote before next year comes around, probably not a bad idea ;)  A poll as it were to see what the members really would prefer.

Just a suggestion, that's all.

Anyway, it's not going to happen so it is what it is :) 

And I don't see anywhere where anyone is faulting Deb and Preston, not sure where that came from.  So maybe if the vendors themselves realize that they could have made more money on the 50% off $50 maybe they'll opt for that next year :)  I know that the 50% off sales are wildly successful at Daz and RDNA. 

Like I said, it is what it is, some of us have expressed our disappointment and everyone has responded :)  So I'm thinking at this point that any other discussion is really a waste of everyone's time ;)  Nothing's going to change and the sale will go on  :) I truly do hope that some of my stuff shows up, but since it's all mostly newer stuff, I'm not holding my breath :)

Have a great holiday season :)  Try not to stress too much :)

Dizzi ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 3:55 AM

Well, Cyber Monday would have worked the same as the DAZ sale, if all vendors would have put their stores at 30% off ;-) (70%*70%=49%). I used that opportunity to buy from those who did it :-)

I considered the 50% off last year to be the most generous coupon ever as it could be used on top of existing vendor sales...

LadyElf ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 6:18 AM

I would agree :)  I LOVED it ;)  LOL!!

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 8:51 AM

nothing in my wishlist is the 55% off.   

pouting (even if Santa says not-to)

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

kathym ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 9:06 AM

Quote - .....

Keep in mind that each week of December different items will be on sale for 55%  so in total its close to 400 products that will be at this 55% discounted products. 

Why not offer them all up for the entire month instead of changing them every week? Just seems like a waste of admin time to have to keep changing the stuff every week. But thats just my opinion.

JenX ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 9:09 AM

Because, then, the smaller vendors get lost.  This way, everyone gets the chance to shine, somewhat, for a week.

Listen, we all know that no one can please everyone.  Every store gets razzed for not meeting one or two members' expectations on how sales run.  I understand that some of you aren't super-duper excited because what you want isn't on sale...but, some vendors yesterday sold HUNDREDS of copies of their items.  Obviously, some members are happy with the sale.  

There are 4 weeks to this sale.  Patience is definitely a good thing.

LadyElf ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 4:01 PM

Well for me it's a two week sale...after the middle of the month, I cease all Poser purchases until after the first of the year....

that is unless there is a very good sale...but you know what I mean LOL!!

And Jen, whether you want to believe it or not, it's more then one or two  members, those of us that are posting just give a damn enough about Renderosity to let you all know. 

And that's good that those that decided to participate sold HUNDREDS.  Good for them.  But the all encompassing coupon would have sold even more to even more of those brokers.  :)

Anyway, it is what it is sweetie and if something comes across then great, but as I already said, my cart just went back into my wishlist :)

Oh and as far as the razzing goes?  I didn't see any for the Daz or RDNA sale...the only razzing I did see was that the sales were breaking their pocketbooks ;)

SDLife ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2009 at 11:36 AM

Okay. So I stand corrected. Rendo didn't have a 50% off sale last year. It was a 50% off coupon for Cyber Monday on Dec. 1st.

I'm happy for the vendors who sold hundreds. But you are making our case for us. Image how much more they would of sold if their whole store was on sale for that whole week.

Also, I just learned that Rendo does not allow Vendors to put their product or store on sale for more than 30% off. For whatever reason...30% is the limit. :(

So...hopefully Rendo will be offer up some much wanted coupons this month too.

Happy Holidays!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.