Sun, Oct 6, 8:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: November Monthly Challenge - Voting Thread is OPEN!!! VOTE HERE !

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 10:18 AM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 3:32 AM
Forum Moderator

Voting- Voting will take/continue for 3 days (in the Bryce Forum), unless otherwise noted and cease at 12 Midnight Renderosity Time on the Last Day of voting.

• Any Renderosity member may vote, whether they have entered the Challenge or not.

• Members cannot vote for themselves.

• 3-2-1 Voting System *

* View all entries before voting.

* Each voter will decide on 3 entries they personally like the best.

* Give 3 points to your most favorite. 2 points to your next, and 1 point to your final favorite.

Votes should be posted like this;

MemberOne - 3 points

MemberTwo - 2 Points

MemberThree - 1 Point

* 3 pictures, 3 point votes, no more, no less. Anything different cannot be counted as point votes.

HMs can be added if you wish.

-  After voting is completed, the votes will be tallied, and the Winners announced in the Bryce Forum.

• The Winners will be given an award image they may use on their personal site, or however they see fit.

• In the case of any ties, the members will share the placements.

• The First Place Winner(s), will then choose  the next months theme. 

Good luck to all the entries!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

bobbystahr ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 10:51 AM

First................image#5
Second..........image#7
Third..............image#2

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

nazul ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 11:17 AM

image#2 = 3. pts.
image#5 = 2. pts.
image#4 = 1. pt.

Regards
Arne 

vncnt9663 ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 11:33 AM · edited Tue, 01 December 2009 at 11:34 AM

I've had some serious computer woes as of late. So I wasn't able to to enter this months challenge. (I need a new graphics card.)

But here is my vote.

3 points.    Bobbystahr # 4 

2 points.    Orbital # 5

1 point.     Electroglyph # 3

Good luck to all. 

johnyf ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 11:36 AM

#5 orbital.............3 pts
#4 bobbystahr ...2pts
#2 zorzim.............1pt.

tom271 ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 11:47 AM

3 points.    # 4 

2 points.    # 5

1 point.      # 2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dan whiteside ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 12:06 PM

What a great theme and I got a good start on mine but life interfered....

#4 bobbystahr - 3 pts
#5 orbital - 2 pts
#2 zorzim - 1 pt

Great job all!

zorzim ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 12:18 PM

1st- electroglyph - 3 pts - "keep looking for swimming holes in your life. The people with the concrete never stop looking for ways to fill you in." that's what's conquered me really bout this image.
Good narration too.

2nd - 2 pts -skiwillgee - great scene and mood

3rd- 1 pt - bobbystahr - like the simple scene but  the shadows reveals yrs of "Brystering" - thers no heretical app really, you know that, don't you ?

HM to : 

• Orbital :you're  a pro, and your modeling skills are just awesome.

• adbc - man, the render is good but try to get some real life too...

AnnieD ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 3:43 PM

3 pts. -  # 7

2 pts. - # 4

1 pt. - # 5

HM to all the rest.

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

Ang25 ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 6:17 PM

Wow, tough to put these picks in order. But here goes:

Skiwilligee - 3 pts
Orbital - 2 pts
BobbyStar - 1 pts

HM to all the others, loved everyone's concepts!

adbc ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 4:33 AM

#5 Orbital : 3 points
#4 Bobbystahr : 2 points
#7 Skiwillgee : 1 point

IO4 ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 6:11 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm confused 😕 - what's the voting button for under the images that have been submitted?

(good luck to all the entrants:))

Beginners tutorials for Bryce

Bryce Arena

IO4 ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 6:35 AM

#7 Skiwillgee - 3pts
#3 electroglyph - 2pts
#4 bobbystahr - 1pts

Good luck to all:)

Bryce Arena

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 7:44 AM
Forum Moderator

IO4: That's rendo's voting system. Ignore it.

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

IO4 ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 7:46 AM

Thanks Bryster:)  I kinda figured after my post that I probably should.

Bryce Arena

orbital ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 12:29 PM

3 Skilwillgee
2 Electroglyph
1 Zorzim
 Nice job everyone else. Wish we'd had a few more entries, but in hindsight I think the topic was a little flawed. I struggled to come up with an idea, so I can understand why others might of lol!

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/

skiwillgee ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 8:25 PM

Orbital  3
bobbystahr  2
zorzim          1

electroglyph ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 8:38 PM

Vote.
Um...what?
Vote!
Feel the fever kicking in...I was doing something...

VOTE!

Oh...OK!

Well I like Zorzims...I've chased a lot of cats before and he sees himself in the scene not abstract like he's just an observer but actually there. Built lots of things too...maybe not that car but..

VOTE!!

Let's see who else voted... Oh cranberries! Zorzim voted for me, and a lot. If I vote for him now everyone will think we're just trading votes! But nobody else put them self in the scene. That's not true, adbc put his skeleton in. That's mildly depressing. Besides, that's more where he is than where he comes from. Airflamesred put his momma in. Clever little twist. Wonder what Freud would say? I've fathered three kids and been in the delivery room. That's not what it looked like...At least it....

VOTE!!!

Maybe if I give zorzim a two or a one people won't notice and think it's payback. What am I saying, They’re artists! All they do is notice things. Better to go with my first instinct.

Let’s see...peedy good composition but the textures don't do it. Ships get darker at the waterline.

You're just saying that because you forgot there was a waterline halfway up the wall. That grass near the creek bed was all brushed downstream as well. You’re criticizing him instead of yourself.

I guess I could have darkened the picture texture and mapped object side but how do you make spiky terrains spike at an angle? Maybe a whole bunch of narrow terrains then roll them on their sides, or a wedge then…

Are you going to VOTE!

Bobby’s was nice. I had a room like that but I was a pig. The model kit would be laid out half finished on the desk and big blobs of dried red, green, and blue paint all over the desktop. My clothes would be draped all over the chair. That back wall would be all books. I had a black light Escher poster and two vultures in a tree. Patience my ass! I’m gonna kill something. I bet bobby’s room was really the same he…

There’s very little time left to VOTE!!

Allright! Don’t Shout. Orbital man, he really worked on that church. I like it a lot, but something else is off. Is it the tombstones? Some look pretty similar same textures and angles.

You need to get some perspective. Orbital can render rings around you any day. But what you really need to do is vote, please?

Perspective! That’s it. If the tree on the left is casting the shadows on the side of the church then the leaves are about a foot and a half across.

Skiwillgee did a fine couple of models. Nice balance between the clouds and light in the background. I think I would have put a kid and a kite in the scene. You know how the hill slopes down to the water…

No you don’t. You’ve never been there. You haven’t VOTED either.

Well I’ve seen pictures, and I’ve been to Wilmington and Fort Raleigh. So what if I was only three. Besides, haven’t you heard of artistic license?

Your artistic license will be revoked IMMEDIATELY if you don’t VOTE NOW!!!

Sheesh! Whose feverish rambling is this anyway, Mine or Mine?

3 points zorzim

2 points skiwillgee

1 point bobbystahr

And Rosie, I haven’t forgotten you still owe me a picture.

grafikeer ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 8:44 PM

zorzim....3 points
bobbystahr....2 points
electroglyph....1 point

Not to be a crit,but the rules clearly stated no postwork,and as a result I could only give orbital and skiwillgee honourable mentions for two very fine renders....hopefully they can forgive me for being a stickler for the rules!

AnnieD ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 9:01 PM

**"No restrictions on  imports or postwork, but please try as much as you can in Bryce."

I think you misread it..

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

Indiskeyes ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 11:36 PM

3 points to # 7
2 points to # 4
1 point   to # 3

"I'm back!  Except when I'm not here.  But then again, I'm still back!  I'm just back somewhere else that's not back here :)"

peedy ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2009 at 12:18 AM

electroglyph:

Thank you for your comment on my entry.
Will try to be more accurate next time. :-)

Corrie

grafikeer ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2009 at 12:24 AM

I was reading the entry page rules(with pics for voting)...that one clearly states no postwork.Didn't read the sticky,which says no restrictions(???)...I still stand by my picks,hopefully that doesn't offend anyone!

orbital ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2009 at 2:12 AM

Yes cos I would set up a challenge with no postwork then go right ahead and add some lol!

IO4 ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2009 at 2:16 AM

I thought the rules were a bit confusing -

**2) No restrictions on imports or postwork, but please try as much as you can in Bryce.

1. Absolutely no postwork is allowed this time round.**

2. says no restrictions on postwork, but then 3) says absoultely no postwork...😕

😄

Bryce Arena

AnnieD ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2009 at 2:23 AM · edited Thu, 03 December 2009 at 2:25 AM

speciial rules for the challenge are set by the winner of the last challenge...and bryster puts them in the challenge thread for the current challenge...those are the ones you should be reading.

[Stuart Chase]

orbital ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2009 at 2:52 AM

I'm thinking maybe Bryster cut and paste, but left in the last line from Dhama's challenge last month, which didn't include postwork.

rj001 ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2009 at 4:32 AM

3points skiwillgee
2points bobbystahr
1points orbital

Experience is no substitute for blind faith.

http://avalon2000.livejournal.com/ - My Art Blog

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2009 at 3:04 PM
Forum Moderator

I'm thinking Bryster works too hard.

Sorry if you're confused. I've been like that for years.
It's simples really. Read what Annie sed.

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2009 at 8:49 AM
Forum Moderator

Voting closed. Thread locked.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.