Sun, Sep 15, 11:53 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:17 pm)

Subject: SkinVue 8 and Lips shaders

martial ( ) posted Sun, 06 December 2009 at 6:45 PM · edited Fri, 13 September 2024 at 7:07 PM

file_444307.jpg

Bonjour I am using Vue 8 infinite 64 bits on Windows 7 and 8 gigs ram I have bought today ,for the first time ,skin Vue new version 8 I have imported some Daz V4 files saved as pzz from Poser 8 I have rendered final option first as it and and after with skin vue 8 inject shaders I noticed that skin 8 vue give more punch to my image but have a problem with lips rendered (some bad textured lips or too more skinny or gloss lips ) My option of lip gloss is to zero Some suggestion of settings for more natural lips render inside Skin vue panel ?? Thanks

thd777 ( ) posted Sun, 06 December 2009 at 8:22 PM · edited Sun, 06 December 2009 at 8:23 PM

I would suggest to reduce the bump value for the lips. On the "SkinModifier" panel in SkinVue8 under bump values is a pull down menu. Select Lips and enter a lower value. The default value seems to be a bit high in most cases.

You will have to adjust these according to your taste, the bump maps that come with your texture and the lighting as well as depending on the distance to camera.
The modifier panels are very powerful and give you a great deal of control over the skin look.

Ciao
TD

martial ( ) posted Mon, 07 December 2009 at 4:40 AM

Many thanks for your suggestion

dburdick ( ) posted Mon, 07 December 2009 at 9:47 PM

Yes, the default bump for this is too high.  When you change the value for bump you can also save these parameters as your default parameters so that the next one is less bumpy.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.