Thu, Sep 19, 4:01 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:00 pm)

Subject: Virtual Fashion

Raitan ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 6:40 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:44 AM

Does anyone use this program? I would love to be able to easily make dynamic clothing, so does this really work?  Are there other similar programs out there as well?  And where can I buy Virtual Fashion Basic  for Poser? It was sold by efrontier, but I can't find it on Smith Micro

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 7:10 PM

Attached Link: http://www.philc.net/BasicClothing_page1.php

IIRC, VF wasn't very popular for a variety of reasons (one of which was the online activation scheme).

Take a look at PhilC's tools instead.

Raitan ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 11:57 PM

I tried to buy, and their site has been down all day...does Phil C have an app that does dynamic cloth...that is what I am most interested in....

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 4:02 AM

Yes you will be able to use the Clothing Designer to make Poser dynamic cloth.

http://www.philc.net/BasicClothing_page1.php

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 9:46 AM

Virtual Fashion can still be purchased from their own website here:

http://virtual-fashion.com/html/en/products_vfpro.php

I use VFBasic 1.0 but never upgraded because of the legal bullying they used against PhilC. Wasn't because I was unhappy with the product.

Raitan ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 11:48 AM

Quote - Yes you will be able to use the Clothing Designer to make Poser dynamic cloth.

Phil, I read the whole page, and unless I missed it, I saw no information about dynamic clothes...I even did a search on the web page for the word dynamic, and it yielded zero results. ..I would like to buy a product that will easily allow me to do dynamic clothes because I like the draped look, and I like that it will drape over morphed figures...I only like skin-tight superhero conforming clothes, and have enough body suits to get those effects...so how exactly does your product produce dynamic clothes, and how does it compare to virtual fashion professional (besides yours being loads less expensive)

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 12:01 PM

His tools allow you to create dynamic clothing as well as conforming. They output single sided meshes which is what you need for a clothing article to be converted from conforming to dynamic.. I wish he had come out with his tools first and I would have bought them instead of VF. I just can't justify the cost of owning both since this is just a hobby for me.

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 12:12 PM

Poser clothing comes in two types, conforming and dynamic.

You'll use the Clothing Designer and Scissors modules to form the shape of the clothing and save it as a Poser prop. If required the prop may immediately be used in the Cloth Room as dynamic clothing. And/or you can then use the OBJ2CR2 module to convert the prop to conforming clothing.

Workflow...........................

Either
Create the clothing --> save as prop --> convert to conforming clothing figure.

Or
Create the clothing --> save as prop --> use the prop in the Poser Cloth Room as dynamic clothing.

Hope this clarifies :)

Raitan ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 12:20 PM

Quote - Yes you will be able to use the Clothing Designer to make Poser dynamic cloth.

Hi PhilC--I watched the video tutorial and I understand how it is dynmaic cloth...do you have any videos explaining the scissors  and do you have fabric textures?

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 5:11 PM

I did not do any videos for the Scissors because all you do is line up the cutters and press cut. Details are on:-
http://www.philc.net/Scissors_page1.php

No fabric textures are included but many are freely available on the web.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 08 December 2009 at 3:20 AM

I use Virtual Fashion Pro 1.5 to design the outfits for V3 and then export to Poser 6 for dynamic simulations.  Virtual-Fashion has added V4 to their garment list since 1.5's release.  I didn't use VF Basic enough to remember how useful it was.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

nyguy ( ) posted Tue, 08 December 2009 at 8:19 AM

VF was a waste of money! I tried to get a refund for CP but they stated refunds are handled by Reyes. Reyes never replied for my request for a refund.

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 08 December 2009 at 12:44 PM

Quote - VF was a waste of money!

If you don't use a program, then yes it's a waste of money.  The Pro version is very good at what it's advertized for.  But a lot of users have other plans in mind for the software and are disappointed.  e-Frontier should not have promoted it like they did.  It confused a lot of Poser users who thought it was just a cloth plugin when it was actually a whole other program.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Tue, 08 December 2009 at 8:47 PM

I found VF Basic for Poser to be quite useful!

Niles ( ) posted Tue, 08 December 2009 at 9:16 PM

Can you make different cutter shapes, if so How?
(for Phil C Scissors)

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 09 December 2009 at 3:07 AM

Use the "Dots". See the Scissors help file for details.

If you then need more info just holla and we can go from there :)

nyguy ( ) posted Wed, 09 December 2009 at 8:03 AM

Quote -

If you don't use a program, then yes it's a waste of money.  The Pro version is very good at what it's advertized for.  But a lot of users have other plans in mind for the software and are disappointed.  e-Frontier should not have promoted it like they did.  It confused a lot of Poser users who thought it was just a cloth plugin when it was actually a whole other program.

Problem was it did not work as advertised and kept crashing and Reyes gave little or no support so I asked for a refund and never got one.

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

dasquid ( ) posted Wed, 09 December 2009 at 8:46 AM

Quote - > Quote -

Problem was it did not work as advertised and kept crashing and Reyes gave little or no support so I asked for a refund and never got one.

Yeah I really hated the thing where they were like yeah we will make it usable with more figures. but they didn't until they made an entirely new version that you had to buy so people who had already bought it (like me) would have to buy it again. And if I had known what they were going to do to PhilC I would never have bought the piece of shit program ion the first place.

vholf ( ) posted Wed, 09 December 2009 at 5:36 PM

Feel free to skip the question, I don't intent to cause any kind of trouble, but since this has being brought up several times, what exactly happend between the VF people and PhilC?

dasquid ( ) posted Wed, 09 December 2009 at 10:39 PM

Quote -  Feel free to skip the question, I don't intent to cause any kind of trouble, but since this has being brought up several times, what exactly happend between the VF people and PhilC?

Hmmm, basic storyline is that the company that made VF got PhilC's clothing creator program pulled from the marketplace at Cp  because they were trying to "patent the method of making clothing for poser figures" (I don't know about the attempts to patent it in Japan and Europe but here in the US it was denied.) This kept PhilC's Clothing Creator off the market for months at least. I'm not sure how long it was  at this point I have slept since then lol.

What reyeys (sp) didn't realize was that Cp would remove VF from their store as well as PhilC's product.( which I think was pure justice and funny as hell to boot btw)  Anyway their behavior in this little incident really lost them a LOT of customers and gained PhilC quite a few I think.

Anyone who knows better feel free to correct me if I got anything wrong.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2009 at 6:35 AM · edited Thu, 10 December 2009 at 6:36 AM

Quote - I found VF Basic for Poser to be quite useful!

I like the meshes produced by the Pro version for better dynamic animation in Poser.  I'm just now exporting the dynamic cloth animations to Carrara and Vue.  I don't use Poser for rendering.

jewell ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 11:36 AM

I got both, but used VF Pro more as I found the interface easier to use. However, I recently suffered a HD crash and now can't reach their website to re-set up my program. (Guess I will have to get used to Phil's GUI.)

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 3:00 PM

Quote - I got both, but used VF Pro more as I found the interface easier to use. However, I recently suffered a HD crash and now can't reach their website to re-set up my program. (Guess I will have to get used to Phil's GUI.)

I believe they have closed up shop completely due to the utter lack of sales caused by the rejection they suffered from Bullying PhilC. That's just my belief however, I have no facts to back them up but their site has been down for at least 6 months now.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 4:01 PM

Just like my copy of MatchMover 4 HD.  The server is gone, so can't re-activate the software if I ever need to re-install.  That's why I like that Poser 5 released a patch so that the install/activate process is no longer needed to use the software.

Hopefully the ZBrush, 3DCoat, and Xfrog servers won't go under.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 9:52 PM

Quote - Just like my copy of MatchMover 4 HD.  The server is gone, so can't re-activate the software if I ever need to re-install.  That's why I like that Poser 5 released a patch so that the install/activate process is no longer needed to use the software.

Hopefully the ZBrush, 3DCoat, and Xfrog servers won't go under.

FYI Their Reactivate NAG has never affected me with VF Basic 1.0 for Poser. I have copied the program folder completely from my old computer to my new ones and while it nags and says it needs to be reactivated it still works and saves. My original activation was under Windows XP. I successfully copied the program folder from my XP machine to my Vista machine and it worked and it's now working under Windows 7 just fine. I haven't reactivated it once. Their copy protection method wasn't very good I'd guess. And no this is NOT a cracked copy. I bought it from Content Paradise the first week it came out and have been using it ever since.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 12:32 AM

I have the Pro version 1.5.  Good to know the nagging doesn't stop yours.  Hope the same works for me when I go to Win7.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 12:37 AM

I see that PhilC's software works with Poser 6.  I'm going to buy that once I figure out what module of his does what and if it's something I need.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.