Fri, Sep 20, 2:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Backgrounds

Blue_Boy ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 1:01 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:20 PM

I trying to work out how to load a background into poser 8 correctly. When I import one and I get the pop up message about the size of the document window size is different to the background I am trying to load, I select for the document window to be sized the same as the background the background then loads but there is overlap of the document window on both sides of the background.
Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong and are there any poser 8 tutorials available?

Thanx for any advice

Anthanasius ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 3:20 AM

The better is mapping a square and align it to the actual camera

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 6:04 AM

I wonder of the backgrounds' too big. Have you tried a smaller one?

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 6:11 AM

What type of background are you trying to import and if you could provide an image?

Blue_Boy ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 11:08 AM

One of Larparmit's backgrounds 2500 x 2500

thanx

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 11:30 AM

I see that the background images can stand on their own, they serve more like a backdrop than an interactive scene.  This is what I recommend:

Install a one-sided flat square plane from the Primitives Library.  It does not have to be hi-res.  In it's Properties panel, set your scale x and scale y to 2500 each (or whatever pixel resolution dimension the final image represents).  Turn off cast shadows. Enter the Material Room and connect an Image_node to the Poser Surface's Alt_Diffuse.  This should make your square image self illuminate and not receive shadows from other objects in the scene.  Make certain that the Diffuse_color and Specular_Color are set to white (255,255,255) and their values set to 1.  If you want to see the image in Preview, also connect the Image_node to Diffuse_color.  Go back to your Pose Room and now scale and move your square within the scene.

Here are a couple of scenes in which I use this technique:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1885493&user_id=343328&np&np

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1884989&user_id=343328&np&np

Let us know if this is exactly what you would like to accomplish.

Plutom ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 9:25 PM · edited Thu, 17 December 2009 at 9:27 PM

Hborre, pretty good technique-tried a quick and dirty --works great.   Even messed around with changing the Alt_Diffuse color for interesting effects.  Thanks for the tip.  Jan

P.S.  Two excellent  renderings.  Thumbs up on em

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.