Sun, Oct 6, 6:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Just got Poser 7...

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 8:04 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:00 AM

..and I can't even open it without it freezing up. Who do I need to call? What do I need to do?

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 8:08 AM

ok. what OS, where did you install it to?

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 8:15 AM · edited Thu, 17 December 2009 at 8:16 AM

Quote - ok. what OS, where did you install it to?

-Windows Vista 64 bit. (Yes, I've disabled UAC)

Poser 6 and Daz Studio 3 works fine on it.

**-Program Files(x86)

Propschick ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 8:17 AM

There are the service updates SR3 is great - might wanna try that

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 8:19 AM

Quote - There are the service updates SR3 is great - might wanna try that

I bought this from Content Paradise. Can I go to my account and download the SR3? I only saw the serial...

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 8:22 AM

Attached Link: Poser Updates Page

here ye go

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 8:25 AM

Quote - here ye go

Ok thanks. Will let you guys know.

The freezing was so bad pressing Ctrl/ATL/Del stalled it even more.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 9:01 AM · edited Thu, 17 December 2009 at 9:03 AM

I've just installed the content updater and SR3. Restarted my computer. Loaded Poser 7(doesn't load fast) and tried to delete Simon and it froze again. It might be my driver. I recently removed version 182 and tried to use version 196.62 for Windows7_and_WinVista64 bit. Nothing was wrong with my 182. In fact, I rolled back to it because a version that came out after that was giving me problems. I just figured after all this time I might want to update so downloaded version 196. I also opted to removed DISPLAY settings and I think that was too much. I removed files from both the Control Panel AND removed them manually by browsing to the location. Always restarted afterwards. It wasn't working right. First off, it put the file path to be display drivers then put 196.62 in the folder instead of the normal WinVista--->196. I don't know where the Display Driver folder came from AND I kept getting---->"Drivers need to be installed for my Ethernet card"  Now, Im back to version 182. Still getting that message. Why did I go messing with a good thing? Version 182 worked for me with no problems before...
ETA:** I just asked my husband about that Ethernet card thingy and he said as long as I'm able to get onto the Internet, I'm good. Hmm

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 9:21 AM

I'll ask over at Daz.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 12:38 PM
Site Admin

Make sure your firewall is set to not block Poser. If it is, that will make it freeze on startup.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 12:46 PM · edited Thu, 17 December 2009 at 12:47 PM

file_444935.png

> Quote - Make sure your firewall is set to not block Poser. If it is, that will make it freeze on startup.

I don't have  a firewall because I use a router. I only have Avast, Spybot, Lavasoft. (CCleaner too). My problem now is the render freezes at the end.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 2:06 PM

Do you have rendering setup as a separate process? Seems to help, at least on my Vista machine...

As for Vista, I had problems with Poser 7 all up until the time I disabled not UAC, but everything else, and by that I mean the Aero desktop and theme, indexing, etc. Not suggesting you do that, but keep it in mind if you are still having problems. What I did was basically hamstring my Vista OS all the back to XP ;o). With that and rendering to a separate process, Poser 7 runs great now.

Laurie

FightingWolf ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 2:14 PM

Buy windows 7?

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 2:32 PM

Oh, and btw, turning off indexing hasn't slowed down searches that I've noticed really. It only slowed down just about everything when it was running ;o). Between just that and Aero, it was about all the machine could handle, and that's with 3 gigs of ram. Vista bad....lol ;o).

Laurie

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 6:23 PM

I've ordered a new computer that'll come with Win7. :woot:

RANDOM ( ) posted Sat, 19 December 2009 at 3:20 AM

Vista has an attitude about running some 3D programs. Open your Start menu, go to the Poser 7 icon and "right click" on it. Select "Run as Administrator". This will help bypass some of the crash issues. If this works you can just start the program normally after that.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.