Fri, Oct 4, 3:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Welcome to the The MarketPlace Wishing Well Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

The MarketPlace Wishing Well F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:40 pm)

Have an idea for a MarketPlace product? Would you like to let the MarketPlace Merchants know?
This is the place!

Make sure you check The Product Showcase Forum and The Product Showcase Art Gallery.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Dynamic hair!!

Believable3D ( ) posted Fri, 18 December 2009 at 12:47 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 1:34 PM

As of Poser 8, dynamic hair now renders pretty fast - far faster than transmapped hair. And it probably has better possibilities as far as realism goes.

Yet as far as I know, there is no pre-made dynamic hair for V4 (for Poser) other than Lululee's Dixie. Which is a nice style, but we need way more. A crying shame there's so little; Carrara already has a bunch and it's only supported dynamic hair for a short time.

Not all of us want to spend time figuring out the hair room. I think a nice array of dynamic hairstyles might go over well. I know that I for one would be buying if the quality was there and the price was reasonable (I don't spend more than about $14-15 on hairstyles; anything more than that, and it's guaranteed I'll wait for a sale).

Thanks!

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

DreamerZ_Loft ( ) posted Fri, 18 December 2009 at 1:02 PM

Kaiz has dynamic hair for V4, I was just checking it out today. :)

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?Start=31&vendor=247529

Believable3D ( ) posted Fri, 18 December 2009 at 1:32 PM

AFAIK, Kaiz's hair was created in the hair room, but is not recalculable. (At least, that's the case with the Kaiz models I own.) Which means it isn't really dynamic anymore.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

DreamerZ_Loft ( ) posted Fri, 18 December 2009 at 1:55 PM

Her promo image says that in the Hair Room you can "easily get your ideas into shape or simply do some experimental stuff", which led me to think you could style it and change it in there.  If that's not the case then I guess I'll have to end up making some of my own. :)

Believable3D ( ) posted Fri, 18 December 2009 at 2:07 PM

Hm, I guess I can still take the KaiZ hair into the hair room.

Will have to experiment more, because I've got two or three of KaiZ's hair products.

But my request for more dynamic hair still stands. :)

Believable3D ( ) posted Fri, 18 December 2009 at 2:09 PM

Dreamer: yeah, I think I misunderstood how it all worked... I've never really done dynamic hair before. All I know is that when you load up the KaiZ hair I have in the Pose room, there's no "Recalculate Dynamics" option. I don't know what happens after restyling in the hair room though....

Believable3D ( ) posted Fri, 18 December 2009 at 2:41 PM

Meh. Ignore everything I said about KaiZ hair. I see that Crinkly Hair even has the Recalculate Dynamics... I guess I just never looked for it because I misunderstood how things are put on the product page.

I guess I'll be snapping up some more KaiZ hair....

DreamerZ_Loft ( ) posted Sat, 19 December 2009 at 10:50 AM

I'm glad you sorted it out. :D  My last foray into making my own hair was several years back and I was not looking forward to re-learning everything I've forgotten. 😉

Jan

Believable3D ( ) posted Sat, 19 December 2009 at 1:36 PM

:)

I purchased pretty much all the rest of the KaiZ hair last night. I think I'll be using it a fair bit; still wish there were more. (So my request still stands!)

But perhaps the vendors assume that if you have dynamic hair, you're going to be going into the hair room and creating all the styles you want in there, anyway.

I see you've dropped in on the other thread, where I have some Crinkly Hair renders on page 2: www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php. The hi-quality ones were with tweaks in the materials, but it didn't take long. I really like. :)

DreamerZ_Loft ( ) posted Sat, 19 December 2009 at 2:21 PM

I'll heartily second that request for more dynamic hair!! :D  You can go into the hair room and restyle the hair, if you know your way around in there and if you have the time to spare, but more ready made style would be great!

Yes, that thread is the one that got me looking for dynamic hair models, as well as trying to find the link for that great hair shader. :D

Jan

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.