Sun, Oct 6, 6:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Poser 7 Runtime

mapps ( ) posted Sat, 19 December 2009 at 11:14 AM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 12:27 AM

I uninstalled Poser 7 from my C drive and re-installed it on my F drive, now poser can't find it's own runtime. I installed Poser 5 on the same drive and it has no problems at all finding it's runtime folder.

Does anyone know how to force Poser 7 to look in it's own directory on the F drive?

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 19 December 2009 at 11:32 AM

Quote - I uninstalled Poser 7 from my C drive and re-installed it on my F drive, now poser can't find it's own runtime. I installed Poser 5 on the same drive and it has no problems at all finding it's runtime folder.

Does anyone know how to force Poser 7 to look in it's own directory on the F drive?

Sounds like you need to tweak the LibraryPrefs.xml to fixup any paths that may have been affected by the change of location.
You may also want/need to refresh the "Preferred State" to update any paths in that.

jonnybode ( ) posted Sat, 19 December 2009 at 11:32 AM

Hi!

What if you look in:
C:Documents and Settings"your user"Application DataPoser

There shall be various configuration files there whom you can edit if they are wrong.

You may have to show hidden folders.

Regards / Jonny

markschum ( ) posted Sat, 19 December 2009 at 11:33 AM

look in documents and settings/owner/application data/poser 7 for the libraryprefs.xml file

owner in the link is your userid for windows login , it should be obvious as you navigate.

thats where Poser 7 put its preference files . Just delete it and poser will recreate it . You will need to add any external runtimes again .

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 19 December 2009 at 12:13 PM

I just got Poser 7 and wanted to read up about any new features (I know of HDRI) to utilize. I've searched the forums but can only find Poser 8 threads. Can anyone help me out?

mapps ( ) posted Sat, 19 December 2009 at 1:26 PM

Thnaks so much folks, that did the trick :-) I did delete them and let them recreate on their own and all was good :-) my heartfelt thanks :-)

SSAfam1 there should a PDF in the poser Folder detailing new stuff "Poser Reference Manual.pdf" and a "Tutoruials" Folder also going over new features indetail and how to use them. For anything you need answered directly, just ask in this forum and briliant folks like these ones will come running to your rescue :-)

Mike

mapps ( ) posted Sat, 19 December 2009 at 1:28 PM

Also you can do a search in the forums and choose the Option "Older then 6 months" and it will get rid of most of the 8 results :-)

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 19 December 2009 at 1:58 PM

Quote - Thnaks so much folks, that did the trick :-) I did delete them and let them recreate on their own and all was good :-) my heartfelt thanks :-)

SSAfam1 there should a PDF in the poser Folder detailing new stuff "Poser Reference Manual.pdf" and a "Tutoruials" Folder also going over new features indetail and how to use them. For anything you need answered directly, just ask in this forum and briliant folks like these ones will come running to your rescue :-)

Mike

I was more hoping for a few threads I could read with rendered images/ great user settings showing what Poser 7 has to offer. Maybe some of BB's expertise on the new lighting system. I'll go over the PDF though.

Thanks.

mapps ( ) posted Sat, 19 December 2009 at 7:18 PM

Attached Link: Mapps Free Stuff

Wekk kkep in mind if you can't find the thread you want, you can start it :-) Just start a new thread and ask something like...

So what do you think of the Poser 7 lights? Does anyobne have sample renders and/or explantaions?

then post it and have what you are looking for come to you :-)

If you want some free P7 lights and materials check out my free stuff, the mats are the last item posted, they will work in Poser 5 or later but are made in Poser 7 :-) The lights "M&R Lighting" is about half way down page 1 :-) just before you get to all the Sydney Stuff.

There are also some P7 clothes for Sydney and Jessi G2 :-)

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 19 December 2009 at 7:37 PM

The major deal in using Poser 7 will be adding gamma correction into your renders.  It is nonexisting in all versions with the exception of PoserPro and it is essential read if you want to avoid many newbie pitfalls.  Light base AO has greatly improved reducing the dependence of material base AO. 

mapps ( ) posted Sat, 19 December 2009 at 7:45 PM

tend to jsut do a quick gamma adjustment in Photoshop after if needed. Or I try to compensate using several point lights. :-)

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sun, 20 December 2009 at 10:17 AM

Quote - Wekk kkep in mind if you can't find the thread you want, you can start it :-) Just start a new thread and ask something like...

So what do you think of the Poser 7 lights? Does anyobne have sample renders and/or explantaions?

then post it and have what you are looking for come to you :-)

If you want some free P7 lights and materials check out my free stuff, the mats are the last item posted, they will work in Poser 5 or later but are made in Poser 7 :-) The lights "M&R Lighting" is about half way down page 1 :-) just before you get to all the Sydney Stuff.

There are also some P7 clothes for Sydney and Jessi G2 :-)

Will get your P7 freebies.

Thanks.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sun, 20 December 2009 at 10:20 AM

Quote - The major deal in using Poser 7 will be adding gamma correction into your renders.  It is nonexisting in all versions with the exception of PoserPro and it is essential read if you want to avoid many newbie pitfalls.  Light base AO has greatly improved reducing the dependence of material base AO. 

Yes...this is exactly what I'd like to know. Also, making sure I am not GCing twice. I know when new versions come out, people show demonstrations and bookmark threads so was wondering if anyone had any handy I could just read up on? I found a few threads about P7 slowness, but none about the GC.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 20 December 2009 at 3:18 PM

Gamma correction is a separate topic which, as I mentioned in my post, applies to all Poser versions (including P8) with material room capacity.  PoserPro has it built in and so will PoserPro 2010 when it becomes available.  Search for gamma correction and bagginsbill.  Bantha has also created a Wacro script to automatically insert Gc nodes in the material room.  A time saver.  Do look over bagginsbill VSSProp for skin texture enhancement.  It has Gc already builtin and will make a tremendous improvement in your renders.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.