Sun, Sep 15, 11:57 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:17 pm)

Subject: Small tip for those of us with Antec 900 gamer cases :)

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sat, 19 December 2009 at 7:33 AM · edited Thu, 11 July 2024 at 9:35 AM

small tip I picked up to help  ;)

Antec Gamer cases are awesome, but, the early versions don't have a filter to keep out dust, so with their huge fans they suck in a crap load of dust  so I have ot clean 'em out every month at least.

So, buy some cheap air filtering foam about 1/2 inch thick or so, cut to fit and it will slide neatly into place over the two front fans, little sticky tape and that will cut out lots of the dust!
just shake out the foam once in a while.

remember to use AIR filter foam, it's more porous than usual stuff.
So, you lose the nice lookof the dual fans lit by LEDs but you won't have to clean out so often, hehe

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

Rich_Potter ( ) posted Sat, 19 December 2009 at 8:35 AM

oh its a problem with the case :P

i figured it was just my un-naturally dusty room, good to hear that its not just me then.

cheers for the tip steven

Rich

http://blog.richard-potter.co.uk

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 19 December 2009 at 9:02 AM · edited Sat, 19 December 2009 at 9:02 AM
Forum Moderator

Remember! 70% of all dust is dead human skin!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Rich_Potter ( ) posted Sat, 19 December 2009 at 9:02 AM

i am pretty powdery...

Rich

http://blog.richard-potter.co.uk

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 19 December 2009 at 1:28 PM

Nah, I like my blue lights, I can live with hoovering the case when I feel like it, beats doing the ironing!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sat, 19 December 2009 at 3:54 PM

My pleasure :)

Bryster
only if you are Human....
*Dum de dum dum DUUUUUUM!
*Dragnet tune plays as Silver takes out his Alien-O--Detector!! :p

TheFIxer
lol ;)
only problem is, you HAVE to use a brush on the CPU and video card fans, as well as an airduster, grr, gets so thick in them

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 19 December 2009 at 8:06 PM · edited Sat, 19 December 2009 at 8:07 PM

I don't put computers on the floor.  Carpet fibers and dust float around at the level whenever you walk by the computer.  If you're a smoker, it's way worse trying to clean.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

sittingblue ( ) posted Sun, 20 December 2009 at 3:08 AM

I don't know if this helps, but I keep an air cleaner appliance running 24/7.  Then I dust once a month with a Swiffer cloth.  My computer's internal parts have collected minimal dust in a one year period.

Charles

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 20 December 2009 at 3:35 AM

Quote - I don't know if this helps, but I keep an air cleaner appliance running 24/7.  Then I dust once a month with a Swiffer cloth.  My computer's internal parts have collected minimal dust in a one year period.

Now that's how it's done.  A computer will still look new inside even after a year of use.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 20 December 2009 at 7:35 AM
Forum Moderator

I just wait for the fans in my pc to start sounding like a 747 spooling up for take-off before stripping it down and cleaning it......

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.