Wed, Oct 23, 12:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: Poser 7 Memory dots suddenly missing =(

stimuli ( ) posted Mon, 21 December 2009 at 1:57 PM · edited Wed, 23 October 2024 at 12:33 AM

Hello
I have been using poser for years now and have never seen this happen.

When I opened Poser today (version 7.0.4.220) the little memory dots panel was missing from the Pose room and I cannot seem to find it anywhere. Yes, I have all tools enabled in the "window" menu. Yes I've moved all the tool panels and looked under them. Yes, I have closed and reopened Poser several times. Yes I have tried launching from factory state and from preferred state but the memory dots are still missing from the Pose room.

When I switch to the material room or the hair room or the cloth room tabs my memory dots are right where they are supposed to be but they are completely absent from the Pose tab.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get them back?

I use the memory dots every time I am working in poser and dont remember ever moving them from their set postition.

Reinstalling poser is not an option as I have hundreds of products installed so finding and installing them all again could take months.

please help! I have work that needs to be done!

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 21 December 2009 at 2:05 PM

try deleting the ui prefs file in documents and settings/..../application data/poser 7. 

if you delete library prefs you will need to respecify your external runtimes again.

Factory state , and turn then on in the top menu should have got them back, unless they were behind something.

stimuli ( ) posted Mon, 21 December 2009 at 2:21 PM

Quote - try deleting the ui prefs file in documents and settings/..../application data/poser 7. 

if you delete library prefs you will need to respecify your external runtimes again.

Factory state , and turn then on in the top menu should have got them back, unless they were behind something.

sigh thats going to reset all the workflow preferances I've set over the years through arduous trial and error =(
 I appreciate the suggestion but is there any other less destructive way to get this one tool back?

nekkidchikken ( ) posted Mon, 21 December 2009 at 2:49 PM

Try this first. It happened to me and drove me crazy until I accidentally discovered it. It's actually on the screen but "off" the screen at the same time. It happened to me after I'd made a really big render and then back down to the normal size.

Problem is, I don't remember if I found it by going to the larger size or scrolling to it by making the poser interface sometime less than full screen; but it's there. You don't need to delete or re-install.

nekkidchikken ( ) posted Mon, 21 December 2009 at 2:49 PM

Try this first. It happened to me and drove me crazy until I accidentally discovered it. It's actually on the screen but "off" the screen at the same time. It happened to me after I'd made a really big render and then back down to the normal size.

Problem is, I don't remember if I found it by going to the larger size or scrolling to it by making the poser interface sometime less than full screen; but it's there. You don't need to delete or re-install.

stimuli ( ) posted Mon, 21 December 2009 at 3:00 PM

Quote - Try this first. It happened to me and drove me crazy until I accidentally discovered it. It's actually on the screen but "off" the screen at the same time. It happened to me after I'd made a really big render and then back down to the normal size.

Hmm that may have been what happened. Friday I switched poser to windowed mode for the first time ever and resized it to hlf my monitor's screen size.

The memory dots could still be "outside" of the viewing area but since I already have Poser at my monitor's maximum display size I dont know how to "scroll" Poser to look outside of this area.

grrrr this is frustrating....

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 21 December 2009 at 4:15 PM

poser ui prefs , have poser closed , but open the ui prefs in wordpad

<WidgetPrefs widget="eMemoryDotTitle"  left="111"  top="551"  bottom="551"  right="111"  collapsed="2"  rect.left="111"  rect.top="531"  rect.right="216"  rect.bottom="549" />

look for a line like shown and enter the numbers as shown. That should bring them back on the screen .

Dont touch libraryprefs.xml

stimuli ( ) posted Mon, 21 December 2009 at 4:31 PM · edited Mon, 21 December 2009 at 4:33 PM

I am sorry,

In what folder would I find this file?

I have poser 7 installed in
C:Program Filese frontierPoser 7

or what is the exact name of the file so I may run a search?

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 21 December 2009 at 4:34 PM · edited Mon, 21 December 2009 at 4:36 PM

c:documents and settings/userid/application data/poser 7

Poser UI Prefs_xxx_yyy.xml where xxx and yyy are the screen size

stimuli ( ) posted Mon, 21 December 2009 at 5:21 PM

WOOOT! that worked!

actually I just replaced that entire .xml script with one that was in a different folder and it put everything back to where it was supposed to be!

thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou!!

I buy you car now XD

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 21 December 2009 at 7:09 PM

Hehe, those two xml files are very important when Poser gets messed up.

glad you got it sorted.

dasquid ( ) posted Mon, 21 December 2009 at 7:56 PM

Quote - WOOOT! that worked!

actually I just replaced that entire .xml script with one that was in a different folder and it put everything back to where it was supposed to be!

thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou!!

I buy you car now XD

Hey Stim

glad you got it fixed, I have had the same problem now and then because i go between using one monitor and using two so it hides from me now and then too.

dasquid
AKA Malandar

Rance01 ( ) posted Tue, 22 December 2009 at 7:19 PM

I always save my dots into a back up folder too.  I hate it when I have to start from scratch.  They're hiding under the Runtimes folder.  Grab them and copy 'em to a safe location.  Ever delete one my accident and, whalla, you're back in business.  (Did I spell whalla correctly?)

Best Wishes,
Rªnce

stimuli ( ) posted Tue, 22 December 2009 at 8:10 PM

I believe its spelled "viola" but I could be wrong XD

Thanx for the info on this. Im definately keeping a backup for my dots and other UI settings now.

waves at mal

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.