Sun, Sep 22, 10:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: How to make some wire-shaded object?

Bryghtness ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2001 at 6:35 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 8:19 AM

I'm not so much familiar with Carrara's shader room so I have a problem to solve - I have to make a wire shading - like in model 7,11,18 of litst's "Real World Carrara Metals". In Bryce there is Volume but in Carrara I can only shade the object surface. If there is any tutorial or screenshot of shaders page I'll be grateful. thanks in advance.

Izuel ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2001 at 8:13 PM

I havnt used car in a long long time but i believe theres an option you can check to make fully transparent areas invisible. Look for it at the bottom of the shader tree

litst ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2001 at 10:19 AM

file_194228.jpg

Hi Bryghtness, You probably already know that Carrara has a very particular way to handle transparency . For more explainations, go to the files section of the Carrara group on Yahoo, there are some tips by Antoine Clappier there wich all Carrara users have to read and understand . To show you how to have a good transparent shader, have a look at this screen capture . It's the shader tree of my chains shader ( you can grab it on my site ) . It's basically a multi-channel mixer . The transparent areas are created by mixing the regular chain shader (highlighted) and a single shannel set to full transparency, with a transparency map . I've used a texture for the transmap, but i could have used a procedural shader aswell . This is the best way to have a good, clean shader with transparent areas in Carrara, i think . Hope this helps ! litst litst.@freesbee.fr http://www.chez.com/litst/

Bryghtness ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2001 at 2:18 PM

Thanks everyone, especially litst... Very useful board, though :-))))

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.