Sat, Sep 21, 6:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: A special salute to SAMS3D

Believable3D ( ) posted Mon, 28 December 2009 at 8:48 PM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 7:48 PM

I just want to give a big thank you to Sharen. I appreciate all the vendors who provided gratis stuff for the holiday giveaways, but Sharen went absolutely above and beyond in sheer quantity (she supplied seven of the eight models available at the moment), and although I haven't done any renders, she provided most of the stuff I can see myself using.

So although it's not worth much, here's a tip o' the hat to your kindness.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 28 December 2009 at 9:08 PM · edited Mon, 28 December 2009 at 9:09 PM

I think she just likes making things ;o). Always generous, ever since she's been here. I remember back in the day when SAMS3D had a website that there was always tons of stuff there free for the taking. Nice stuff too - I remember a sleigh that I'd just adored. In fact, if I remember correctly, I even did some textures for it (tho I can't remember now if the sleigh itself was a freebie...lol) :o).

Thanks Sharen!

Laurie

KimberlyC ( ) posted Mon, 28 December 2009 at 9:10 PM

I agree. Very kind to share so many freebies :) 

Believable3D ( ) posted Mon, 28 December 2009 at 9:13 PM

Just to make sure I put my money where my mouth is, I just put her lovely bridge pack in my cart for when I make my next purchase. (I love those covered bridges!)

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

TheOwl ( ) posted Mon, 28 December 2009 at 9:17 PM

Oh noes!

Why did I learn about these promotions JUST NOW!

Passion is anger and love combined. So if it looks angry, give it some love!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 28 December 2009 at 9:41 PM

SAMS3D have always been extremely generous.  They've provided a ton of superb freebies over the years and definitely deserve a lot of recognition and thanks.

And no, it's nowt to do with me.  I believe the name stands for Sharen And Mike but I could be wrong.

Lovely people, extremely talented and generous to a fault.  If we gave out awards in the same way as Hollywood gives out Oscars (hmmm... there's a thought... how about the "Woodie"?  Ahem) they would definitely be in line for a few.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Believable3D ( ) posted Mon, 28 December 2009 at 9:50 PM

How about a Genderosity award? :)

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 28 December 2009 at 9:54 PM

Genderosity sounds like gender...lmao. (Sorry, I'm easily amused).

GeneRosity Award sounds like a good idea tho!!

Laurie

Believable3D ( ) posted Mon, 28 December 2009 at 10:03 PM

Heh. I thought about the "gender" play on words there too. :)

And then we could have awards for freebies in various genres: GenreRosity. [groan] :)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 29 December 2009 at 12:27 AM

Well, I'm holding out for the "Woodie".  Yes, I know about the unfortunate sexual connotations.  In fact, I think it adds to it all.  As for the design, I can see the wooden Poser Mannequin standing on a little base.

Just imagine, you could vote to give someone a Woodie.  Now that's not something you see every day.  Probably  :lol: 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 29 December 2009 at 3:44 AM

Wow, I am taken back from the kind words, but as always, Renderosity holds the best members.  Thank you for this. 

I agree with Sam Therapy, a Woody.....LOL, very cool.  But honestly, I don't look for recongnition.

We love to create items, and love giving them away to others that can use them.    Sharen

PS:  SamTherapy is correct on the name, only it is the first initials of my family, Sharen, Andy and Mike. 

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 29 December 2009 at 3:49 AM

Hey LaurieA, you did do some textures for the Sleigh, they were nice too.  The Sleigh never made it to the freebies area,because quite frankly, I just don't think it makes the grade anymore....all the sleighs out there are so much nicer, we have retired that model, but yes you did do the textures and they were outstanding.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Tue, 29 December 2009 at 4:39 AM

They're all great models - I've just added the free KCars to my collection - and all greatly appreciated!

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Tue, 29 December 2009 at 1:28 PM

I agree. SAMS3D has always been very generous with their freebies. it's very much appreciated.

My screen name is also the first initials of my family (well before my last son was born).

Porthos ( ) posted Tue, 29 December 2009 at 4:02 PM

I'll always be grateful for the HH (Haunted House) you did by request - still one of my favorite models! :)

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

lkendall ( ) posted Tue, 29 December 2009 at 5:02 PM

Thank you SAMS3D ! Happy New Year!

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

PilotHigh ( ) posted Tue, 29 December 2009 at 8:05 PM

Thanks so much Sharon & Mike and have a good one!!

Mannixman ( ) posted Wed, 30 December 2009 at 10:40 AM

Yes, thank you so much SAMS3D.

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2009 at 4:55 PM

Some of those freebies saved MY bacon!  I really appreciate the bacon-save,too! Render> www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

jartz ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2009 at 8:38 PM

My hats off to SAMS3D for their 3D models and their generosity.

I say, Thank You.

JB

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

Rance01 ( ) posted Fri, 01 January 2010 at 7:17 AM

Thanks to SAMS3D.  Picked up one of your CD-ROMS years ago (for the price of shipping?) and still have many of the items from that CD in my runtime.  One of the top model makers in the Poserverse and certainly among the most generous.

Best Wishes,
Rªnce

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 01 January 2010 at 7:54 AM

Again, I am overwhelmed by the comments made....Thank you so much again.  Sharen

Shari123 ( ) posted Mon, 04 January 2010 at 8:55 PM

A very special thank you to Sams3D!! Your models were some of the first I ever used. I still have most of them and I cherish every one of them!

Sivana ( ) posted Mon, 04 January 2010 at 9:16 PM

I have just had the same thoughts when I saw the x-mas gifts of 2009. Without SAMS3D´s giveaway, it had been a sad holiday this year. When I remember the years ago, so it seems that most vendors have stopped to donate a freebie for x-mas.It´s a pity becours it always was a nice tradition at RenDo the years ago.
So a big thanks to SAMS3D and all vendors which have been so kind to bright up our days and....runtimes ;-)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 05 January 2010 at 6:51 AM

SAMS3D is the only individual (or whatever it is since there's two of you L) who has their OWN runtime on my computer. Simply because there's so MUCH great stuff from them! 

So add me to the thanksgiving list!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Tue, 05 January 2010 at 7:13 AM

Just wanted to add a note of thanks to SAM3D for the freebie. I recently used them in a rendering entitled "Changes in Transportation". I especially like the BigWheel. Took me down memory lane when I saw it.  Tweaked the texture a bit so that it would resemble the BigWheel of my youth... :biggrin:

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.