Mon, Oct 7, 4:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Update !!!

Anthanasius ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 10:27 AM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 4:22 PM

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

TZORG ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 10:34 AM

Whoa a point release!

Merry Christmas Poserverse

It's not the tool used, it's the tool using it

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 11:07 AM

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And MERRY CHRISTMAS

Winterclaw ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 11:37 AM

:`(

Good deal, bad timing for me.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

grichter ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 11:42 AM

Anybody know what changed?

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

Adom ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 11:52 AM

I know for sure that frame indicator still doesn't work when changing frames in graph window.

ockham ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 12:05 PM

file_445302.jpg

One nice change is a new error message that pops up every time I click on something in the library!   Good stuff!  Always welcome new and improved errors!

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

santicor ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 12:16 PM

Make it 50  bucks and I'll consider .........

That  new girl  is a dog, BTW

"When you have to shoot ...

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=3&userid=580115

Believable3D ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 12:25 PM

Heh. I just downloaded this last night, but I thought it was an update from a few weeks ago that I had somehow missed.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

aeilkema ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 12:32 PM · edited Thu, 24 December 2009 at 12:34 PM

What's new? Does it fix the background color changing error reported from the start that was still not fixed after 2 SR's? What does it fix? What does it break?

I'm not sure about releasing an update just before the holidays, what if it messes up everything and no one can get into contact with SM......... I'll wait for some more reports before even trying it.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Believable3D ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 12:34 PM

No idea. I wish they would release specifics with each release - subpoint release or not.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Dave-So ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 12:54 PM

i think its one to wait for until 4 january 2010

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

bantha ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 1:11 PM · edited Thu, 24 December 2009 at 1:24 PM

Indirect light quality still isn't saved in render settings presets. No biggie, since D3D's render settings are better anyway, but still they could fix it. 

It's still not possible to enable GI via Python without loading a saved preset. 

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

ChrisV ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 1:14 PM

Well I don't know about others but I've just installed SR2.1 and now P8 freezes whenever I try to delete anything!

Anybody else having problems?

ChrisV ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 1:20 PM

Update:

Just reinstalled SR2.0 (i.e the one before) and everything is OK now.

What gives?

bantha ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 1:25 PM

No freezes here.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 1:51 PM

Good catch, Anthanasius! :biggrin:

Joyeux Noël!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Dave-So ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 2:04 PM

its freezing here, but as long as I stay inside on the computer, all is all right with the world :)

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 2:12 PM

No issues here at all so far.  Need to try some renders to check exactly if improvements are noticeable.  May I suggest that upon installation, just simply reboot your computers.  Better to let it completely install and stabilize that way.

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 2:18 PM

@ Chris V

I suppose you are running Windows?
How did you do the update? Just installed  the SR2.1 and started Poser?
The "freeze after a delete" can be avoided with a reboot. (and wait 10s for the RAM to clear)
Where you running Outlook before? During? What version of Outlook?
Is it steadily and predictably reproducable?

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

wheatpenny ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 2:58 PM
Site Admin

Quote - its freezing here, but as long as I stay inside on the computer, all is all right with the world :)

lol, at first I read this as "as long as I stay inside the computer"... :lol:

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 3:05 PM

yeah, but it must be a strong one?
Iif he sits "ON" his computer? ? ? :-)

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Dave-So ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 3:19 PM

its like a refreshing ocean breeze :)

aeilkema ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 3:23 PM · edited Thu, 24 December 2009 at 3:25 PM

Quote - yeah, but it must be a strong one?
Iif he sits "ON" his computer? ? ? :-)

Probably a sturdy army issued one :-) I used to have one of those..... Panasonic. You could sit on it..... stand on it.... even throw it out of the window (kids don't try that at home)..... it would still run. They even had touch screens, imagine throwing anything with a touch screen these days. If one was without a weapon one could always throw the laptop, that sure would make an impressive impact.

Unfortunately it became too outdated to use, the new one isn't that sturdy, but sure a lot more fun to carry around!

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

ChrisV ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 7:36 PM

Quote - @ Chris V

I suppose you are running Windows?
How did you do the update? Just installed  the SR2.1 and started Poser?
The "freeze after a delete" can be avoided with a reboot. (and wait 10s for the RAM to clear)
Where you running Outlook before? During? What version of Outlook?
Is it steadily and predictably reproducable?

Yes I'm on XP under SR2

I reinstalled the update to SR2.1 and then rebooted - no problems!  Thanks for the info.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 9:53 PM

Quote - Anybody know what changed?

"I hear nothing, I see nothing, I know nothing!" - Sgt. Shultz

My Facebook Page

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Fri, 25 December 2009 at 2:29 AM

I'm always wary about trying updates early in their release. What exactly did this change?

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 25 December 2009 at 3:34 AM · edited Fri, 25 December 2009 at 3:36 AM

The webpage for downloading the update says:
"to update to Poser 8.0.2.10911"

But when you actually try to run the updater, the pop-up readme still says it will update version 8.02.10723.

My currently installed Poser 8 version is 8.0.2.10738
which is somewhere in-between !

Eternal Hobbyist

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 25 December 2009 at 3:47 AM

OK, I went ahead and ran the updater.

I can confirm that my updated version of Poser 8 is now 8.0.2.10911

Eternal Hobbyist

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 25 December 2009 at 9:42 PM

There's a sale at Penny's! - Airplane...;)

I found a program and character upgrade for P5...so I'm happy...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 26 December 2009 at 5:18 AM

Is this a beta version?

Believable3D ( ) posted Sat, 26 December 2009 at 5:20 AM

No, it's an update to P8....

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 01 January 2010 at 11:21 AM

I just installed the update over SR1, and the Library failed with a Javascript error until I upgraded from IE6 to IE7.

Renders with indirect lighting seem quicker than SR1...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 01 January 2010 at 12:04 PM

Sadly the blotch artifact problem is still going on though.

My Freebies

Magic_Man ( ) posted Fri, 01 January 2010 at 4:28 PM

What does this update over the previous SR2...? - I'm currently running 8.0.2.10738

Believable3D ( ) posted Fri, 01 January 2010 at 4:31 PM

I dunno. I've heard a lot more negative response to this update than anything. If you're functioning relatively well, I'd probably leave well enough alone. And I'm not usually one who jumps to say that sort of thing.

Just my opinion, of course. But I've only seen disadvantages from this update, no advantages.

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 01 January 2010 at 4:34 PM

Among other things, they fixed some aspects of symmetry in rigging, which makes it a pretty mandatory update for me.

My Freebies

Believable3D ( ) posted Fri, 01 January 2010 at 4:45 PM

Thanks, Paul. That's not an improvement I would have caught. Hope to get to rigging some day. Hey, it's a new year. :)

msg24_7 ( ) posted Fri, 01 January 2010 at 5:31 PM

Quote - Among other things, they fixed some aspects of symmetry in rigging, which makes it a pretty mandatory update for me.

Weren't those already fixed with SR2 ?

When running the SR2.1 installer, it says that it's going to update Poser to 8.0.2.10911 (at least for Windows).
The following window containing the detailed information about the update shows the text from the SR2 ReadMe.
I didn't go thru with the installation, so I don't know, if there is a "final" ReadMe for this update saved to the Poser 8 directory.

Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 01 January 2010 at 6:22 PM

At least two things can think of were not fixed until 2.1 (couldn't select falloff zones via right-click, newly created falloff zones were rotated 90 degrees).

My Freebies

3Dave ( ) posted Sat, 02 January 2010 at 9:25 AM

Just installed the new update,  all the problems with graph editors remain, as noted above, first try, set up a scene, one figure, hair and some props, two test renders, then Out of Memory message, please save aversion, click ok, same message, click ok, then Error Message, Error message again then crash to desktop. Great!
Load a new scene, lots of LR figures, first test render some figures cast shadows, others didn't next render all black, Render at Preview quality works ok, but when the render sequence finished the UI had changed, library palette has docked itself above the parameter dials.WTF?!!
If Poser was a physical product would SM's warehouse be choked with returned items? or would they be facing litigation by now?

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 02 January 2010 at 9:35 AM

Have you reported these problems?

My Freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.