Sun, Sep 22, 4:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:04 pm)

Subject: newbie needs help with background distortion

p3t2 ( ) posted Mon, 04 January 2010 at 11:42 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:22 PM

file_445886.JPG

I am new with Poser so I guess it is not surprising that I have this problem.

here is the detail.

I finished positioning and posing all chars and the only thing left was the background.

I imported the background image into Poser  and everything seemed fine until I rendered it.

As soon as I chose to render, Poser popped up a question telling me that the ratio of the background and that of my screen do not match and asking me whether to change to fit.

I chose to change but then the final image after the rendering has a big problem, that is, the dimension of the background image had been changed.

actually, the background image Shrinked, distorting the elements of the image and losing its original impression.

I attached an image to show the problem. the moon from the background image lost its original shape after rendering, because the dimension of the background image being changed by Poser before rendering. the original shape of the moon is totally round, but after rendering, it changed dramatically.

what can I do?

please help. I use Poser 6. I have No software for postwork.

thank you very much.

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 04 January 2010 at 11:54 PM

ok, one way is to load the prop promotive square to your scene . scale it up and position it as the backdrop. Apply your background picture to it in the material room.  

You can get GIMP for free, or photofiltre, or several other paint programs. There is a version of GIMP thats a bit easier to use than the main Gimp program. Look at Gimp Portable.

Winterclaw ( ) posted Mon, 04 January 2010 at 11:54 PM

See if auto fit where you attached the image (background?) is turned on or not.  If the background image doesn't match the resolution output, you can also expect something to get distorted.  Since you can't postwork, change the dimensions of the image in poser.

Another useful tip for you is to not attach the image to the background, but to the one sided square prop.  Use the x and y scales to get it into proportion with your background image and the main scale to get it to fit in your render area.  Then you can just move the prop around or rescale it as you need to.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

p3t2 ( ) posted Tue, 05 January 2010 at 12:11 AM

first, thank you very much for the tips.

then if you guys do not mind, I would like to ask some questions.

what is Prop Promotive Square and where to find it?

what is the One Sided Square Prop? is it the same thing with Prop Promotive Square? how do I locate it in Poser ?

I will get the GIMP now.

thank you again for your helps!

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 05 January 2010 at 12:23 AM

Actually, that was a typographical error ;o). It's called a Primitive Square. That, and the one-sided square prop are the same thing (there is a one-sided square plane and a regular square plane). You can locate it in your Props folder in a folder called "Primitives".

Laurie

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 05 January 2010 at 6:09 AM · edited Tue, 05 January 2010 at 6:12 AM
Online Now!

And there is no need to use the hi-res square.  The regular will do nicely.

BTW:  You will need to connect the image_map node to alt_diffuse for self illumination.  The purpose is not to have shadows cast upon it.  And also uncheck cast shadows in it's property panel.

MarkyP ( ) posted Fri, 08 January 2010 at 10:17 PM

file_446096.jpg

You could save the image as a .PNG file. This has transparent background, so it's possible to add your background in Photoshop or Paint shop pro. Try to use a similar background colour to your background image. Poser does a pretty good job anti aliasing, but obviously if you render on a black background, then paste the render onto a blue & white sky for instance, you'll get an outline. I find doing it this way gives you much more control also, as you can render differnt objects with differnt lighting if you wish, save them as seperate renders, then layer them and add pallete changes, blur etc

See below:

Hope this helps.

MarkyP ( ) posted Fri, 08 January 2010 at 10:25 PM

Sorry - just saw 'I have no software for postwork' - I really should learn to read!! - It would be worth getting hold of Paint Shop pro (I use version 7 - which is very easy to use and a fraction of the cost of Photoshop - you should be able to pick it up for under £50)

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 08 January 2010 at 11:44 PM
Online Now!

No need to purchase PS.  GIMP is available for free and just as good.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.