Fri, Sep 20, 9:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: POSER 8 LIBRARY - PROBLEM

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Tue, 05 January 2010 at 12:16 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:52 AM

Hi,

I have Window 7 running on my Pc & have have install Poser 8 and all my contect that I have purchased from Daz3d ect...

When I go into my libaray it doesn't show the items (as an icon) instead it has a bold man with his hands in the air (eash side of his shoulders) this is very annoying and wondered if anyone would be so kind as to help me out with this problem??

Many thanks,

John

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 05 January 2010 at 12:23 PM

Are all your content icons the same?  And are they old content or mixed recent and old?  Poser 8 no longer recognizes rsr files as icon images.  PNG images is the new standard.  Check that first before we proceed.

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Wed, 06 January 2010 at 4:41 AM

Last purchase was I guess 2years ago now - so yes my content is old.

Is there any to get Poser 8 to recognize my contents?

Thanks,

John

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 06 January 2010 at 7:14 AM

It's not the content that Poser 8 doesn't see, as long as you see the "shrugging man" your content is there. The issue is that Poser 8 does not use RSR thumbnails like previous versions did, so you need a utility to convert all of the older RSR thumbnails to PNG thumbnails.

Offhand, I can't remember the link to the utility that everyone recommends, but it will do batch conversions for you. I'm hoping someone else will pipe in that knows the link off the top of their head  (or you can search the forums for previous posts).

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Wed, 06 January 2010 at 7:36 AM

Many thanks to you both - It would be great if someone could tell me what I need?

cspear ( ) posted Wed, 06 January 2010 at 8:07 AM · edited Wed, 06 January 2010 at 8:08 AM

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

Wolfmanw ( ) posted Wed, 06 January 2010 at 8:29 AM

Hello and many thanks to everyone I just got poser 8 installed and was having the same problem as BUSHY8996 glad to see my question already has an answer.

Best wishes to all

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Wed, 06 January 2010 at 9:01 AM

Many thanks to all

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.