Sun, Sep 15, 11:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 7:30 pm)

Subject: Poser Pro 2010 beta expired?

Jcleaver ( ) posted Wed, 30 December 2009 at 4:47 PM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 11:36 AM

I successfully downloaded the beta, installed it, and was able to run it exactly once. 

I decided to run the script to import my runtimes.  It gave me the message that it would kill the application.  I clicked yes, not knowing it meant exactly that.  It's dead.  Well, it thinks it is dead anyway.  It gives me the message 'This beta version of Poser has expired.  Poser will exit now.'

I have no idea if there is a newer beta, I could not find one anywhere.  I tried to redownload the beta thinking maybe that was how to get it; but it wouldn't allow me to do that sayiong I had already used my serials.

I did submit a report.  I would like to try this program but obviously I can't.  Any ideas?

John

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2009 at 2:41 AM

Seems to be still working for me.  Perhaps wait until after the New Year holiday and then check with Smith Micro again ?

Eternal Hobbyist

witchdidi ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2009 at 7:27 AM

If it helps the same thing happened to me and I think they are looking into it but let them know as I don't think it's happened to alot of people.

Be mad...until proven genius.

Sitting quietly in the corner does not make one the class fool.

- Didi

RDNA Store

rjjack ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2009 at 3:10 PM

expired on my 64Bit machine, still working on the older 32Bit  but the queue manager work so i can test the network rendering

witchdidi ( ) posted Fri, 01 January 2010 at 4:39 AM

Hmm...it also expired on my 64-bit one. Maybe I should try it on the 32-bit to see.

- Didi

RDNA Store

Michael314 ( ) posted Fri, 01 January 2010 at 5:03 AM

Hello,
mine is still working. Using WinXP64. Started it a minute ago.

Best regards,
   Michael

Jcleaver ( ) posted Fri, 01 January 2010 at 7:42 AM

I think I am beginning to see a pattern here.  I am running 64-bit also.  I'll have to try it on my laptop and see what happens.

MyCat ( ) posted Sat, 02 January 2010 at 12:15 AM

It started okay for me just now on Windows XP 64bit. Strange, but I'm not complaining.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sat, 02 January 2010 at 12:54 AM

I have been testing in Vista 64bit on desktop Galadriel, and I am about to install it onto (Vista 64bit) laptop Pixie.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

papillon68 ( ) posted Sat, 02 January 2010 at 4:12 AM

It expired on my Mac this morning ... I'm going to contact them ...

visit my blog:  www.alessandromastronardi.com

My Rendo Store

witchdidi ( ) posted Sat, 02 January 2010 at 6:10 AM

Mine was 64-bit Vista.

- Didi

RDNA Store

Willber ( ) posted Sat, 02 January 2010 at 3:31 PM

Still running here, WIN-XP-SP3, 32bit

rjjack ( ) posted Sun, 03 January 2010 at 7:20 AM

64bit Vista here too

Gini ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2010 at 6:02 AM · edited Thu, 07 January 2010 at 6:02 AM

Only just got around to trying to install on my iMac Intel 10.6 this morning ... and it wont!
Just keeps beach balling on me 8 (

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

MBusch ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2010 at 6:19 PM

Hum! Stop to work on my Mac Pro running 10.6.2 after a routine maintenance of delete logs, cache, and repair permissions. If I create a new fresh user account in the same machine. the same beta installation works fine. Something is wrong but I can't figure it out.

ratscloset ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2010 at 6:41 PM

Anyone that had this issue, even if resolved, please use the Beta Reporting Form with the Subject Beta Expired.

ratscloset
aka John

Jcleaver ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2010 at 6:58 PM

Thanks.  i had already submitted this bug; but have not heard anything back.  i submitted another just now.

Would be nice to actually use it!

John

thinkcooper ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2010 at 7:41 PM

Please only submit the bug once.

Jcleaver - I'm reading your bug report now, along with the others also experiencing this. We're still discussing how best to solve the problem and should have a solution for you in the next few days. I'll be in touch via email.

Coop

Voodoo128 ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2010 at 10:12 PM

May I ask where you got the beta from? My understanding is that anyone who owns both Poser Pro and Purchased Poser 8 would get into the beta which I why I bought Poser 8. Did I not get the memo or is this not a public beta yet?

Thanks

MBusch ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2010 at 10:22 PM

Quote - May I ask where you got the beta from? My understanding is that anyone who owns both Poser Pro and Purchased Poser 8 would get into the beta which I why I bought Poser 8. Did I not get the memo or is this not a public beta yet?

Thanks

Go here

http://poser8.smithmicro.com/cgi-bin/blosxom.cgi/2009/12/10#poser_pro_2010_beta

Jcleaver ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2010 at 10:23 PM

Attached Link: Poser Pro Beta

You will need your serial numbers for both Poser Pro and Poser 8.

Voodoo128 ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2010 at 10:30 PM

Thank you for the link. Downloading now.

MBusch ( ) posted Wed, 13 January 2010 at 6:46 AM

Quote - Please only submit the bug once.

Jcleaver - I'm reading your bug report now, along with the others also experiencing this. We're still discussing how best to solve the problem and should have a solution for you in the next few days. I'll be in touch via email.

Coop

Some news about this issue? I really would like to use the Beta that I downloaded.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.