Sun, Sep 22, 4:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Coming soon to Free Stuff - comments?

Exotica ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2001 at 5:59 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:21 AM

file_194409.jpg

From the creator of Alexandria - this is another new character I'm working on for the free stuff. I've morphed her body a bit but was wondering if that's a problem for people because she'd need custom clothing. Also, what are people looking for in a character and what type of extras are desired? (light sets, poses, facial expressions???????) This is for all of you for all the great stuff you've given. I want to make her really special.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2001 at 6:14 PM

Oh look she's aroused lol, I love that hair, It looks so Egyptian, Where can I get hair like that?

Exotica ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2001 at 6:27 PM

The hair is from the "Total Hair" package but I don't know if the creator ever intended it to look like this. LOL. It took days to get it to look that way.

MadMac420 ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2001 at 6:37 PM

Very nice.. Dunno about everyone else, but I could always use more lights and facial expressions myself. :)

shadownet ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2001 at 8:13 PM

Okay, I admit it. The model was the first thing that caught my eye. I just assumed the hair was post work. Then I read where it was the Total Hair. Wow! Anyway you can release a morph or the dial settings or something for those of us who have Total hair? I really love what you did with it. Oh, and yes she is a beauty! I will be watching for her debute. :o) Cheers, Rob

Exotica ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2001 at 9:00 PM

file_194410.jpg

Thanks for the compliments. I'm feeling in a generous mood today so here are the settings. First, let me warn you - this style does not work from all angles. I had to do alot of "dialing" to get it from going into her shoulders. Consequently, it sticks out the back. You may not have this problem with the figure in a different pose though. The dials associated with this area are the inner middle & inner back. You'll have to play experiment with them to get the hair to look right from whatever angle you use. Also, if you don't want the bangs just change the material settings for Mainfr to none. Hope this helps.

Exotica ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2001 at 9:01 PM

file_194412.jpg

more settings...

shadownet ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2001 at 9:16 PM

Thanks! :o)

Phantast ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 4:34 AM

First - characters are best if they come complete. If they need some store item as well it reduces their usefulness. Second - I wouldn't bother including poses or light sets. The interest in Poser is doing these yourself. But accessories - clothing, props - are a definite plus.

shadownet ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 7:11 AM

IMHO, I do not agree entirely with your statement. I personally am glad to get all the light presets I can. I know a lot of folks like pose presets, just ask schlabber. And while accessories like clothing and props are a plus, I rarely ever use a character as is. I almost always change something, the hair, the outfit, tweak the features a tad. Just to make it a tad different from the original. I do understand your point though about not being able to use a freebie because it uses or is based on a mesh figure or prop you do not have, making it of little use. I too run into this problem, but folks make free stuff based on what they have and share it with others out of kindness {and I just can not find fault in someone's willingness to share their stuff with others, whether I can use it or not).

Phantast ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2001 at 5:05 AM

With that last sentiment I agree entirely. The original poster asked for opinions as to what people would most LIKE to have, and I was just giving my personal opinion. Nothing more.

shadownet ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2001 at 8:31 AM

Heya Phantast, my bad. I misunderstood and thought this was just another attack on someone for being generous. It seems some folks gripe about everything - including the stuff they can download for free. Obviously this was not your intent, I appologize for my error. Rob

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.