Sat, Sep 21, 12:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Welcome to the The MarketPlace Wishing Well Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

The MarketPlace Wishing Well F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:19 pm)

Have an idea for a MarketPlace product? Would you like to let the MarketPlace Merchants know?
This is the place!

Make sure you check The Product Showcase Forum and The Product Showcase Art Gallery.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Okay, that's enough gangstas and zulu warriors, thanks

Darklorddc ( ) posted Tue, 05 January 2010 at 8:24 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:18 AM

Just a note to the content developers, black male figures are very appreciated, but just remember that we do come in more variety than just hoodlums and tribal warriors. Come to think of it, I'm black and I don't actually know ANY hoodlums or tribal warriors...

Just wanted to point that out.

Thanks.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 05 January 2010 at 12:52 PM

LOL....sorry just had to laugh at your post.  It is certainly true though.  Sharen

AnnieD ( ) posted Tue, 05 January 2010 at 3:11 PM

I feel the same about native american clothing.....having both cherokee and apache family..and seeing all these indian characters that look like they are dressed and made up  for a strip club...or a playboy layout....both men and women ...just makes me sad.

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

Darklorddc ( ) posted Tue, 05 January 2010 at 3:25 PM

Yeah, and I'm sure there have GOT to be some asian women out there tired of Geisha make-up options or ninjas.

Some suggestions for future ethnic characters:

Darnell, the black corporate executive.

Billy Tallfeather, the hip native american fighter pilot (okay, you can make his callsign Apache...if you have to...)

Tamori Isuzu, truck driver (with biker tattoo options)...you could even make her a sexy truck driver...if you absolutely have to.

Ahmed Hussein, Goth Arab....(they exist, I SWEAR...anyone from the Detroit area can confirm that!)

Just some helpful suggestions from your minority customers. I think I speak for most of us when I say that we genuinely appreciate the effort made to represent other ethnic groups in 3D products, but...take this as a kind reminder to broaden your viewpoint just a touch of who we are and what we can be when you're making character packs.

Thanks!

AnnieD ( ) posted Tue, 05 January 2010 at 5:07 PM

Well said..

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

pointblank ( ) posted Sat, 09 January 2010 at 10:57 AM

I fully agree with you and myself and xilia78 will have at least one of those that we believe break the stereotypes. Our first will be a character named Xilia and she will be available very soon. She was created with Japanese and African American features in mind, but you will not see her with any Geisha makeup :) A preview is available on my home page which shows that she comes in two very different styles of shader options for Poser users. Please take a look and if you are interested, she will be available very soon.

By the way, I am from the Detroit area and can attest to seeing goth Arabs :P

Thanks,
Pointblank

AnnieD ( ) posted Sat, 09 January 2010 at 12:30 PM

Characters are not the problem....clothes are the problem for me.  I have some beautiful characters.

[Stuart Chase]

Darklorddc ( ) posted Sat, 09 January 2010 at 1:46 PM

Quote - I fully agree with you and myself and xilia78 will have at least one of those that we believe break the stereotypes. Our first will be a character named Xilia and she will be available very soon. She was created with Japanese and African American features in mind, but you will not see her with any Geisha makeup :) A preview is available on my home page which shows that she comes in two very different styles of shader options for Poser users. Please take a look and if you are interested, she will be available very soon.

By the way, I am from the Detroit area and can attest to seeing goth Arabs :P

Thanks,
Pointblank

Looking forward to seeing her completed!

xilia78 ( ) posted Sat, 09 January 2010 at 9:27 PM

file_446179.jpg

This is how we will break the typical stereotypes. She will be in the marketplace around 1/20/2010.

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 10 January 2010 at 2:30 AM

Hows about a pimp suit, pink with fine grey pinstripes and a Fedora with a feather . ?

How about a Native American Superhero.  He has the powers of wolf, hawk, bear and beaver and summons those spirits when needed to fight crime and evillness. (this is sounding a bit familiar)

maraich ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2010 at 1:31 AM

Quote -
Some suggestions for future ethnic characters:

Darnell, the black corporate executive.

Billy Tallfeather, the hip native american fighter pilot (okay, you can make his callsign Apache...if you have to...)

Tamori Isuzu, truck driver (with biker tattoo options)...you could even make her a sexy truck driver...if you absolutely have to.

Ahmed Hussein, Goth Arab....(they exist, I SWEAR...anyone from the Detroit area can confirm that!)

All of these ideas sounds awesome!

pointblank ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2010 at 8:22 AM

Just wanted to let those who might be interested know that Xilia is now available in the marketplace. For her introductory week, we have her on sale for 23% off.

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=76859&WhatsNew=Y

Thank you,
pointblank/xilia78

Darboshanski ( ) posted Sun, 07 February 2010 at 5:23 PM

Quote - Just a note to the content developers, black male figures are very appreciated, but just remember that we do come in more variety than just hoodlums and tribal warriors. Come to think of it, I'm black and I don't actually know ANY hoodlums or tribal warriors...

Thanks.

You know I've always wanted to say the same thing but just thought it would only cause trouble. One side of my family is Native and African-American and the other Irish.  Irish people with red hair and freckles is a stereotype. Only a small portion of the people have this trait and it doesn't even come from Ireland it's a Viking trait. LOL!

My Facebook Page

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 07 February 2010 at 9:49 PM

All Irish Lasses have red hair and freckles !  after all , a woman without freckles is like a sky without stars ! 

HandspanStudios ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2010 at 2:26 AM

I agree, I think a lot of people's idea of male characters is too much that way, they mostly look hostile to me. Possibly that is an easy way to make a character look male, it's not just a matter of racial stereo types but gender too. To be fair stereotypes and characters are very close together- it takes a special artist to do one without the other.

I have been working on some friendlier looking guys, I will see what I can do about this request as well. :)

"Your work is to keep cranking the flywheel that turns the gears that spin the belt in the engine of belief that keeps you and your desk in midair."

Annie Dillard

3-DArena ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2010 at 1:47 PM

Quote - > Quote - Just a note to the content developers, black male figures are very appreciated, but just remember that we do come in more variety than just hoodlums and tribal warriors. Come to think of it, I'm black and I don't actually know ANY hoodlums or tribal warriors...

Thanks.

You know I've always wanted to say the same thing but just thought it would only cause trouble. One side of my family is Native and African-American and the other Irish.  Irish people with red hair and freckles is a stereotype. Only a small portion of the people have this trait and it doesn't even come from Ireland it's a Viking trait. LOL!

Red Hair is also a genetic mutation. Ramses the II was a red head, he dyed his hair red when he went "grey/white" but science has proven his roots were red.

He was from a long line of red heads (with his own red haired descendants) that ruled, the red hair being a symbol of their being descendants of the God Seth.

There are also depictions of red heads in Egyptian murals.

North African Berbers have as many red heads as the Irish and a high volume of blondes in some of the tribes as well.

So much for it being Irish :-P~

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

3-DArena ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2010 at 10:27 AM · edited Sat, 13 March 2010 at 10:29 AM

darklord, I know you were talking about Males, but I wanted to tell you that your post pushed me to finish Daiyu.

I was particularly careful with her shaders so she wouldn't end up with that orange look and I only included a "tribal" style that was based more on fashion models.

That said after all the care I took to have her represent a more modern, sophisticated (not a stripper or gangsta) black woman, I ended up with requests for tribal makeup add-ons.

shrugs

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.