Sun, Oct 6, 9:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Trans Siberian Orchestra

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 9:56 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 7:14 AM

I saw these guys in concert for the first time last night, doing their annual holiday show.

Wow.

I can't recommend it enough. It was loud, it was raucous, it was gentle, it was touching, it was energetic. If you ever have a chance to see them, well... if you don't laugh, then cry, then laugh, then cry some more, then leap to your feet, you didn't see the same show.

I'm a paunchy, 48 year old guy and my neck is stiff from three straight hours of head banging. My eyes are red from crying at some of the most beautiful music (and a beautiful story) I've ever heard, my chest has swelled from the pure joy of it, and I think I danced all the way back to my car after the show.

Yay!

😄

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 11:39 AM

I agree, they are pretty awesome ;o).

Laurie

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 1:12 PM

I haven't seen them, but I have heard them..pretty awesome :)

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Ravyns ( ) posted Fri, 25 December 2009 at 9:20 AM

Our son,  against his will,  finally agreed to go to see them with his wife last year.  He said they are awesome.  They took the whole family to see them in Cleveland just a few days ago.. 

**************************************************************************************

Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're here we should dance.

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 30 December 2009 at 9:51 AM

OOh I want to see them so bad. I love love love when they do Carol of the Bell

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Wed, 30 December 2009 at 5:43 PM

Yes, yes, yes!

TSO is made from pure, unrefined awesome, sprinkled with shiny bits of fantastic, and coated with a crunchy outer shell of spectacular.

:biggrin:

Ravyns ( ) posted Wed, 30 December 2009 at 5:51 PM

@Captain Jack..  Awesome description.  Can I pass it along to my daughter in law..??

**************************************************************************************

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Wed, 30 December 2009 at 6:28 PM

Abso-tively. 😄

Ravyns ( ) posted Wed, 30 December 2009 at 6:52 PM

Thank you!!  Thank you!!  If you were here I'd give you the fudge pan to scrap..LOL

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Wed, 30 December 2009 at 6:59 PM

You're quite welcome, and thanks in return... I love to help with the dishes. :lol:

Ravyns ( ) posted Wed, 30 December 2009 at 7:07 PM

Meant that as a good thing Captain.. The pan had lots of Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge left in the bottom & no one here to eat it..  I could have done it all alone but not allowed anymore..

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Wed, 30 December 2009 at 7:13 PM

I fully understand, and I was just having fun. 😄

Sadly, I wouldn't be able to help much with that one, anyway... I'm both diabetic and allerigc to peanuts. Regardless of that, however, I will say that anyone who will share her fudge is a hero in my book.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2009 at 12:41 AM

Here's ya a vid Stac from 2008 😄

Carol of the Bells

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Hawkins-GraFX ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2009 at 8:50 AM

There was a metal band back in the day I use to listen to called Testament. Last I heard the ex-guitar player for Testament was the guitarist in the TSO.
He's an awesome guitar player. His name is Alex Scolnic (I'm pretty sure the last name is spelled wrong).
I wonder if he is still playing with TSO?

I have a few of their CD's but havent ever been able to see them live.
I sure would love to go see them in the future.

:)

Clint

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2009 at 9:28 AM

According to the TSO web site, he is indeed playing with them (the web site has his name spelled as Alex Skolnick).

There are actually more band members than you see in any given show, though... they will sometimes put on complete shows in more than one city at the same time, so I think they must have two of everyone. The show that I went to also featured strings and other instruments performed by local concert artists from here in Indianapolis.

Did I mention that the show was awesome? I did? 

Probably bears repeating, though. :biggrin:

Hawkins-GraFX ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2009 at 3:31 PM

Hey Captain...Cool to know he is still playing with them.

:)

Clint

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2009 at 5:18 PM

I had a song or two of theirs on my computer, possibly legally obtained (although I can't quite remember). I corrected said situation by buying all five of their albums the other day (Go, Amazon!).

Reduced myself to a puddle of ttears this afternoon listening to "Christmas Canon" a couple of times, then banged my head to, fro, and sideways to "Wizards In Winter".

I think that I shall indulge myself now with a glass of wine, and selections from the new album ("Night Castle") before the revelers arrive and all begin clamoring for "Achy Breaky Heart" or some such on my poor sound system.

Oh, and Happy New Year, y'all. 😄

Hawkins-GraFX ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2009 at 7:26 PM

Go Captain!!   :)

Happy new year!!

Angelsfury2004 ( ) posted Tue, 12 January 2010 at 8:06 AM

Quote - OOh I want to see them so bad. I love love love when they do Carol of the Bell

My absolute Fav Christmas Carol! they do an amazing job!

Daymond42 ( ) posted Sun, 17 January 2010 at 12:43 PM

I've been a fan of TSO since before they made the TSO a side-project of Savatage.

Caught Savatage in concert in Milwaukee back in the early 90s. Awesome show. :D

Currently using Poser Pro 2012 (Display Units = feet)

AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz (6 cores)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.