Fri, Sep 20, 9:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:51 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: This months challenge.

GeorgeD ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2001 at 10:48 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:29 AM

Last month was kinda a slow month...must be the summer weather:) So this month I have a challenge for everyone. The challenge: Topic - Renderosity Magazine Create a magazine cover using the title Renderosity Magazine..or a name of your choice that relates to 3D/2D art. Such as Poser Illustrated, Bryce Monthly etc. You need to include the title/logo and any other text you wish that may be on the cover of a magazine such as article titles or what not. Remember this is a magazine cover so the images need to be taller than they are wide. This challenge ends Aug. 15th. Have fun! GeorgeD

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2001 at 11:10 AM

My God, George, that's an incredible idea!

Xurge ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2001 at 5:22 PM

file_193733.jpg

Yes, this is a good one. I wipped something up and uploaded it to the gallery. Hope you all like it. Here is a small preview.

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2001 at 5:50 PM

Heh... I may have to see what I can do for something like "Poseboy" or somesuch... :-)

GeorgeD ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2001 at 6:39 PM

Hey now...my texturing techniques are a trade secret!:) G-

Xurge ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2001 at 6:44 PM

Hehe, I knew you would like that one George.

zipper0000 ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 8:15 AM

How do I post an entry for the monthly challenge?

RimRunner ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 9:58 AM

Got to love that Yahoo/Geocities doesn't allow direct linking anymore. LOL Or at least, it hasn't worked for me for the last few months with no system changes. ;/

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.

RimRunner ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 10:21 AM

Just for the sake of argument, here is a screen cap. It will require a 3rd person to determine this though, your system doesnt count, its in the cache. ;)

loneglyph ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2001 at 9:33 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=71918&Start=1&Artist=loneglyph&ByArtist=Yes

I made an image for this months challenge. A very good idea for a challenge GeorgeD. Thanks! Just follow the link to see my submission.

loneglyph ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2001 at 2:26 PM

Nice one kellyfi2000. Lookin good!

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2001 at 2:52 PM

I think the both of these are each excellent in their own right. They are both very believable as magazine covers. :)

Mayth ( ) posted Sat, 04 August 2001 at 9:37 AM

file_193740.jpg

Well, this is the first time I've evr posted here, just found renderosity a few days ago! I figured I'd give your challenge a try! my magazine isn't too good, but I've spent a good part of the morning working on it :-) It's just a trial, please tell me what you think. thanks, Ian -=- www.flamingwaters.f2s.com -=-

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 04 August 2001 at 9:47 AM

Very good Mayth--- very good! I would buy that magazine if I saw it on the rack at Barnes and Noble. :)

Mayth ( ) posted Sat, 04 August 2001 at 4:28 PM

file_193742.jpg

I added a bit more features to my magazine, 29 layers in PSP :-) hope you enjoy find it... "magazine-y" hmm, well... -=- Ian -=-

TRLee ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2001 at 3:49 PM
curvasion ( ) posted Sun, 12 August 2001 at 5:59 PM

file_193743.jpg

This is my first try at a monthly challenge-- the theme of this one was just too interesting to pass up! This is Renderosity Magazine re-imagined as one of those macho-man magazines of the 1960s...

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Sun, 12 August 2001 at 8:11 PM

Too funny... Pity I didn't have the time to do something... I was just thinking "Poser's Digest" would be fun... ;-)

curvasion ( ) posted Thu, 16 August 2001 at 5:35 AM

So where do you vote on this thing? Some strong entries-- my pick is Terramag by Mayth, which has a particularly strong logo and seems like a 'real' magazine. Anyway, us newcomers have to stick together!

GeorgeD ( ) posted Thu, 16 August 2001 at 8:50 AM

Votes can be placed here for this challenge. Voting will end on the 18th. GeorgeD

Stranger Aeons ( ) posted Thu, 16 August 2001 at 6:53 PM

The standard is high and the choice tough, but in the end Curvasion's magazine cover wins my vote.

RimRunner ( ) posted Thu, 16 August 2001 at 10:08 PM

Hard choices... Curvasion gets my vote though. :)

archetype ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2001 at 8:47 PM

Curvasion's was good, as was Loneglyph's interesting movie poster. But my vote goes for Xurge and his Rhino World.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.