Tue, Oct 22, 10:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 10:35 am)

Subject: Dynamic clothing

gabrielle_bri ( ) posted Thu, 28 January 2010 at 12:01 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 10:39 AM

I bought Lalia from Miradus arts and it has a dynamic shirt?? It just hangs there :(( I went to the cloth room (I use Poser 7 sr3) and I cannot pose the shirt on Vicky no dials move have I got a bad cloth room ? bad shirt or am I just usless?

Mnay thanks Bri

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 28 January 2010 at 12:10 PM
Online Now!

You have to clothify the shirt to your figure and do a simulation, usually 30 frames is ok.
Set your figure to zero pose at frame 1 and have the final pose at anywhere between frames 25 to 30.
No dials necessary.

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 28 January 2010 at 12:11 PM

Dynamic clothing response to animation created within the cloth room.  For a quick tutorial, click on the link below:

http://www.philc.net/tutorial6.php

ice-boy ( ) posted Tue, 09 February 2010 at 6:11 AM

i have a question.

i have some cloth for M4 that is not meant to be soft. like very hard leather. and its around hes arm. like an armor. what settings should i use so that it doesnt move but just folows the hand?

i tryed 1000 fold resistance,1000 shear resistence and 1000 strecth resistance. but it still bended like cloth.

can anyone help?

carodan ( ) posted Tue, 09 February 2010 at 8:34 AM · edited Tue, 09 February 2010 at 8:38 AM

ice-boy - try setting the stretch dampening to 0 and raising the cloth density (but not too high, 0.02 or something like that). Also set cloth self-friction and air dampening to 0.

I think the cloth room does have upper limits to how it behaves, but a heavy leather should be ok.

Could you show images of the results you're getting? Depending on the type of armour it may be better to deform it in some other way.

PoserPro2014(Sr4), Win7 x64, display units set to inches.

www.danielroseartnew.weebly.com

Plutom ( ) posted Tue, 09 February 2010 at 9:10 AM

Quote - I bought Lalia from Miradus arts and it has a dynamic shirt?? It just hangs there :(( I went to the cloth room (I use Poser 7 sr3) and I cannot pose the shirt on Vicky no dials move have I got a bad cloth room ? bad shirt or am I just usless?

Mnay thanks Bri

One other thing not mentioned, in frame one ensure that the clothes are positioned on the figure, rescale it so that there are no poke throughs  If you do any figure adjustments, do it in frame 30, keep frame one's figure at the default level or less-key is no poke throughs.  Do all of this in the Pose room, then go to the cloth room.   Best of all have fun.  Jan

ice-boy ( ) posted Tue, 09 February 2010 at 2:07 PM

file_447915.jpg

> Quote - ice-boy - try setting the stretch dampening to 0 and raising the cloth density (but not too high, 0.02 or something like that). Also set cloth self-friction and air dampening to 0. > > I think the cloth room does have upper limits to how it behaves, but a heavy leather should be ok. > > Could you show images of the results you're getting? Depending on the type of armour it may be better to deform it in some other way.

i modeled it in blender. i modeled it like that so that it has thickness. i didnt want it to look flat.

ice-boy ( ) posted Tue, 09 February 2010 at 2:17 PM · edited Tue, 09 February 2010 at 2:18 PM

edit

ice-boy ( ) posted Tue, 09 February 2010 at 2:25 PM

so i tryed now your numbers Carodan. i noticed that i get better results with 5 fold resistence then with 300 or 500. interesting isnt it? with the lower numbers it holds the shape better then with a bigger number

ice-boy ( ) posted Tue, 09 February 2010 at 2:27 PM

is there a good tutorial for modeling clothes for dynamics?

carodan ( ) posted Tue, 09 February 2010 at 3:11 PM

I think cloth dynamics may not be the best way to deal with a model such as that in your images.
It looks better suited to parenting with adjustment morphs for the arm bends, or even creating a figure for conforming.

You could try experimenting with assigning the polys to the soft decorated goup and see what happens (I have no idea really).
Normally you wouldn't want a double thickness of polys for use in the cloth room to avoid the back-facing polys intersecting the front-facing ones during the sim.

Re - settings - it doesn't really make sense that a lower fold resistance would make for a more rigid cloth (that's not my experience anyway). Maybe you altered another setting that threw the test.

PoserPro2014(Sr4), Win7 x64, display units set to inches.

www.danielroseartnew.weebly.com

ice-boy ( ) posted Tue, 09 February 2010 at 3:26 PM

Quote - I think cloth dynamics may not be the best way to deal with a model such as that in your images.
It looks better suited to parenting with adjustment morphs for the arm bends, or even creating a figure for conforming.

You could try experimenting with assigning the polys to the soft decorated goup and see what happens (I have no idea really).
**Normally you wouldn't want a double thickness of polys for use in the cloth room to avoid the back-facing polys intersecting the front-facing ones during the sim.
Re - settings - it doesn't really make sense that a lower fold resistance would make for a more rigid cloth (that's not my experience anyway). Maybe you altered another setting that threw the test.

it doesnt work very good for shirts or similar cloths in close ups. there is no tickness around the neck. and it makes it look very fake :) 

ice-boy ( ) posted Thu, 11 February 2010 at 5:24 AM

if have 3 simulators.

when i calcuate dynamics does this mean that it simulates all simulators or just the one that i picked?

grichter ( ) posted Thu, 11 February 2010 at 10:17 AM · edited Thu, 11 February 2010 at 10:24 AM

It does one at a time.
Best is to start with the cloth close to the body and move out. Or in the case of a top that overlaps a pair of pants or skirt do the skirt first. Then the top and set the top to collide with the cloth it will be touching also.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

ice-boy ( ) posted Thu, 11 February 2010 at 10:19 AM

yes this i how i did it.

at first i did all teh clothes together. now i see that this is easier.

vincebagna ( ) posted Thu, 11 February 2010 at 1:10 PM

Best technic is what grichter said, though it is possible to launch all the simulations at the same time:
from the top menu, Animation/Recalculate Dynamics/All Cloth.

My Store

drewradley ( ) posted Thu, 11 February 2010 at 1:16 PM

You can do all the simulations at once if you have them set up. Go to "Animation/Recalculate dynamics/all cloth". It may perform the simulation one at a time, but you start it and go do something else for a few hours while it calculates the simulations.

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.