Mon, Sep 23, 12:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 12:07 pm)

Subject: Why no District 9 poser stuff?

Sarte ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2010 at 5:42 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 4:26 PM

I see plenty of Avatar-themed poser stuff, but there's absolutely no love for District 9. Or have I just not been looking hard enough?

Do the impossible, see the invisible

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

Touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2010 at 6:13 PM

Not seen anything of district 9 . Avatar was hard to miss .

Have you tried Stonemasons level 19 ? 

Belladzines ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2010 at 6:31 PM

Yeah Avatar was and is very much out there .... i saw the movie District 9 but havent seen anything for it ... sorry.

tonymouse ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2010 at 9:20 PM

If you search for prawn over at Daz forums you will find a thread about a figure being worked on and there is a shanty town set in the market place here. no not  a lot but some!!.

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2010 at 11:08 PM

it just takes time to do all these things...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Porthos ( ) posted Mon, 25 January 2010 at 4:22 AM

I haven't seen the movie - yet! :)

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 25 January 2010 at 9:12 AM

I only watched the film yesterday, myself.

I've started grouping the prawn mesh in preparation for the rigging process.

I might make a few clothing items, also.  I found some of the outfits they wore hilarious, in a post-apocalyptic-fashion sort of way.

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 25 January 2010 at 9:55 AM

In one of the 3d Mags in the last couple months out of the UK (3d World, I think), they do a detailed study of the ship from the movie...if someone needs reference materials...

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Mon, 25 January 2010 at 10:11 AM

Might be just easiness. I haven't seen either movie, but making a morph IS easier than making a whole figure.

I hate being poor. I can't afford anything.:sad:

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

ice-boy ( ) posted Mon, 25 January 2010 at 11:39 AM

true. for the prawns you would need to model the whole alien and rig it. with Avatar its easier to just make a morph with M4 and A4.

its the same like with Superman batman and Iron man. its easier to make a cape for superman. easier then to model the whole Iron Man suit.

billy-home ( ) posted Thu, 28 January 2010 at 3:34 PM

file_447216.jpg

I spent a couple of weeks updating a game model by OpethRockr55 in ZBrush, Little Dragon is working on rigging it right now, it looked really good for a lo-poly game model, I just upped the polygon count and added a bit more detail, including an extension to the mouth, and made new displacement maps and normal maps to improve how it looked in Poser, like LD I'm trying to make some clothing and a few tweaks to the textures, one is the spray painted District 9 thing all the prawns have put on them.

Cheers

Billy

billy-home ( ) posted Thu, 28 January 2010 at 3:35 PM

file_447217.jpg

OOPS!, here's the view from the front LOL

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Thu, 28 January 2010 at 3:50 PM

Lookin good! I havn't seen the movie either but I do get 3d World mag, so I have seen the aliens

My Store   My Gallery    Contact

Sarte ( ) posted Fri, 29 January 2010 at 11:22 PM

Looking good, billy-home.

I gotta say, I preferred D9 over Avatar.
A lot.

Do the impossible, see the invisible

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

Touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

tonymouse ( ) posted Mon, 01 February 2010 at 12:39 PM

Hey Little_Dragon and Billy_home I hope you don't mind my asking, How Is the Prawn coming, very excited about it. I hope it is going well.

billy-home ( ) posted Mon, 01 February 2010 at 1:22 PM

Dunno about the rigging part, L_D is doing that, he's so much better at rigging than I am, the clothing side of it is a bit harder than I expected, since I have to try and make human clothes that'll fit in the wrong way on the prawn figure, but a bit of perserverance and I hope we'll have a few bits to add to it.

Cheers

Billy

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.