Sun, Sep 22, 1:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: Quickie Contest..New Hair Needs Name

VAIRESH ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 7:42 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 1:18 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_194706.jpg

This is a beta render from Poser of a WIP. I need a name for it soooooooo........ Its a Contest, Please...only 2 suggestions per person. If ya have a reason for a suggested name please tell me. I want alot of suggestions so I am setting the minimum qualifing suggestions to 20 names for the contest. If I get less than 20 total suggested names then the contest is null and void. Contest ends 9pm EST this Friday. Hint: a mythological or unusual female name would be great ;-) Winner gets a free copy of the completed hair when it hits the store. Vairesh

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 7:44 PM

Looks like the hair of a witch or a wildwoman... Maybe "Sheena" or "Malifecent"?

sturkwurk ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 8:01 PM

Empress or Priestess hairstyle Doug

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

hmatienzo ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 8:02 PM

Aurora, because it looks like hair fit for Briar Rose! Marvelous work.

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

revengar ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 8:05 PM

How about "Gimmeenow"

Lucy_Fur ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 8:26 PM

Hmm.... "Medira" or "Reisha" (kind of play on the name 'Vairesh') Ya know - you've got quite a few hair items. Ever think about doing a compilation to sell? On disk perhaps? This hair'd even look rather kewl on a male figure.

Daio ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 8:28 PM

Delilah (as in Samson and..) and Aphrodite (Greek Goddess)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

mysticwinter ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 8:32 PM

ORENDA meaning Magic Power LUANA meaning Female Warrior

wyrwulf ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 8:36 PM

Ralph

RealitysPoison ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 9:09 PM

Mordesha or Ozaria. (It looks kind of 'witchy' or villanous, and they are the bad girls in my new story :) (Sorry, got my head wrapped up in that and can't think much beyond it.

Cin- ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 9:17 PM

Well... while I can't say that I have a mythological or unusual suggestion, but it looks EXACTLY like the hair of a girl I work with... Jaime... so that's my suggestion.

Poppi ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 9:24 PM

Okay....I never play in these things. But, this hair does say a name to me. Leona. It so very much reminds me of a lion's nice mane.

Scarab ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 9:34 PM

(Poppi beat me to Leona....) It looks rather Teutonic to me...how 'bout "Freya" (after Odin's wife) Scarab<-(I'll get back to you on the second one....curse you, Poppi.....)

Scarab ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 9:37 PM

Ah....following the "witch" theme....name it "Hecate" (He-cah-tay) from the Greek mythological witches. Scarab<-(youre going to just hold us to two, then?)

spudgrl ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 9:41 PM

ardallia--found this name to be kinda sexy and cool. The hair seems to be like that. or lourdes--I just love this name. i work with a woman named lourdes and she is so amazeingly cool. (yes I know madonna named her daughter this as well) spudgrl

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 9:55 PM

Nimue and Niviene are other names for the Lady of the Lake in the Arthurian legend. If you're going for mysticism those two names might help. Hope this helps... PapaBlueMarlin

Ms_Outlaw ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 10:00 PM

ANWEN (f) "very beautiful" (Welsh) THEKLA (f) "glory of God" from the Greek elements theos meaning "god" and kleos meaning "glory". Saint Thekla was supposedly the first female martyr (1st century).

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 10:02 PM

Akivasha the woman who can never die priestess of ancient Stygia

Norbert ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 10:19 PM

80's hair band?

pokeydots ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 10:36 PM

Cecilia, Tressa,( as in long tresses of hair! ) Cinnamon :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Lfnotter ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 10:39 PM

Shkai'ra - she's a Kommanza horse warrior and one of the lead characters is S.M. Stirling & Shirley Meier's Fifth Millennium series. Scathach - "She who strikes fear" - the warrior-woman who taught Cu Chulainn in the ways of battle.

shawnvb ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 10:56 PM

Selene (The moon goddess), Tyche (Goddess of fortune)

leather-guy ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 11:15 PM

Reminds me of Candace Bergen's Murphy Brown character, so I suggest Murphy. 2nd choice Ursula, from She who must be obeyed. Leather-Guy

Jazzmin ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 11:16 PM

Great hair! How about Barbarella (from the Jane Fonda flick).

Vive Bene.  Spesso L'Amore.  Di Risata Molto.
Live Well.  Love Often.  Laugh Much.

the3dwizard ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 11:22 PM

file_194710.jpg

It has to be Shahna This looks like the hair of a woman from the Star Trek episode The Gamesters of Triskelion. Of course Kirk got the girl and here name was Shahna. How do know? Well somehow her hair has always stuck with me so I just went to the Star Trek site and looked through all the episodes until I found her. You don't think I actually remember her name!

AprilYSH ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 11:25 PM

I like Poppi's suggestion, Leona - it IS very Lionine. (If you choose "Lionine", I abstain in Poppi's favour.) How much us bump and trans effect and how much is actual model? I don't have any Vairesh hair so I'm not sure how they are. It looks good tho. :)

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

Crescent ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 11:36 PM

Medina - close to Medusa. Syrine - like the mythological mermaids.

sinixyl ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 11:48 PM

The Soho Mane first thing that popped into my head when I saw it.

morganza ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 11:52 PM

How about Gidiva.

daeve ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2001 at 12:22 AM

Dye it red, add some bangs and voila! Peggy Bundy!

Lfnotter ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2001 at 1:22 AM

I'd always seen it spelled 'Shanna' - at least, that's the way Angelique Pettyjohn, the actress, spelled it. ;-)

Photopium ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2001 at 1:40 AM

file_194711.jpg

I Like "Wookie Hair" or "Chewbecca Hair" -WTB

dolly ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2001 at 3:40 AM

How about vampesh

jaydiva ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2001 at 5:39 AM

Looks like LUCRETIA hair to me ; ) the infamous Lucretia Borghia

Dal ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2001 at 6:00 AM

Looks very similar to the character "Discord" from the Hercules TV series...(if it was black ...) Or how about "Andromeda" - no real reason, I just like the name :) Whatever you end up calling it, I love it! All the best, Dal

quixote ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2001 at 6:33 AM

Corynthia, I don't know why. The hair looks a bit like Hearly Emma Peel, and could be made to look like a barrister's whig. Sassoon would go mad over those split ends though. Good work. Luck!!! Quixote

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

raki ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2001 at 11:03 AM

How about Lydia or Beggy ? Raki

Mercy ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2001 at 1:32 PM

Well... I'm going to toss out two names here, just cuz it's an interesting piece of hair. How about Neshaka hair or Jeboa? (both RPG character names I use on various places) :) I also liked the idea put forth by Lucy Fur :) Hair on CD :)

Jnighthawk ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2001 at 2:23 PM

This hair is exact to Tina Turners in Beyond Thunderdome-the third installment to Mad Max!! This is the obvious answer to the hair question..

Jnighthawk ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2001 at 2:26 PM

If you want Myth.names Hercs sister Artimas would fit also.. but it still looks like tina turners hair.

ohman ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2001 at 5:03 PM

Banshee maybe? /Ohman

shadowcat ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2001 at 5:59 PM

Mortisha (from the Adams family) just give it a black texture

Lfnotter ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2001 at 12:56 AM

Tina Turner's character, Auntie Entity, did have great hair, but it was just feathered out, not sweeping up and back down the way this does. Auntie's hair would be really cool, though....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.