Mon, Sep 16, 10:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 7:48 pm)

Subject: Making hair mats?

FaeMoon ( ) posted Fri, 05 February 2010 at 5:46 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 7:15 PM

So, still working on my scene - wow, learning a lot.  I've turned the skins of my characters blue - teir'dal skin, and I found the perfect hair for the daughter character in The Petite Fleur hair by daz.  Problem is, the lightest color is a pale blonde, and I need silvery white.  I've been reading about making .rsr files and so downloaded the template for the Petite Fleur and decided to give it a go, but had some noobish questions. 

The template is long strips, which I suppose I paint the hair strands onto, but there are two templates.  Do I make two, is the one with long skinny strips like for tendrils and the other one for the base of the hair?   I'm guessing that other than the hair strands the rest of the mat should be black?  I'm uncertain and haven't found a clear answer and any pointers would be appreciated.  :)

Belladzines ( ) posted Fri, 05 February 2010 at 6:34 PM · edited Fri, 05 February 2010 at 6:37 PM

yes i believe that the long skinny strips is for the "hair" and the other one is for the base. from what 've seen of hair textures both are the same color, so if you have photoshop, you can play with the curves tool to get different colors.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Fri, 05 February 2010 at 6:36 PM

Hair textures can use more than one template.  A lot of us do hair texture packages and you might find one for the Petite Fleur hair here in the MP.

If you're going to make your own, then you'll need (if you want to use real hair textures) to purchase a resource kit here from the MP. 

I think I own every hair resource out there right now and make a lot of texture sets for hair but I've never done that particular hair.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

FaeMoon ( ) posted Fri, 05 February 2010 at 6:51 PM

Ahh, okay.  Yes, I think they probably are using real hair textures because the hair looks very nice.  I'll check into the resource kit.   I found a plat blonde that might work for this, but I'll have to see if it's silvery enough in the render. 

Thank you both for the great answers.  ;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.