Fri, Oct 4, 5:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Picture It! Software

TallPockets ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2010 at 4:00 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 5:19 PM

I have used Picture It! 2002 software for years on an HP Desktop with XP HOME Windows.

I recently purchased a HP Desktop that came with VISTA BASIC HOME windows.

When I attempt to install the old Picture It! 2002 software CD on my new Vista Basic Home WIndows HP desktop, it seems to allow it.

It runs through all the normal progressions and says it's been installed on my new p.c. It shows the program listed in my Control Panel Programs area and it shows a SHORTCUT ICON on my desktop/screen/monitor.

However, when I click on it to OPEN/RUN it, my computer stops and it says, "Can Not Find/Run"

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

THANKS, in advance, for ANY/ALL HELP. MUCH appreciated.

My BEST, TallPockets.

JenX ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2010 at 4:24 PM

Do you have the CD in the drive when you run it?

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

CarolSassy ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2010 at 4:52 PM

Go into Windows Explorer, Programs, and that file.  Look for the .exe file 'n' highlight it.  Then click FILE/SHORTCUT.  It will put it there in that same file.  Find it.  Cut and paste it to your desktop.

Hope this works for ya! 

Carol aka Sassy
If you can't stand the heat,
Don't tickle the dragon!

TallPockets ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 1:13 AM

CarolSassy: HELLO & THANKS for your info! ... Will give it a TRY soon!  T.P./brian.

TallPockets ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 1:18 AM · edited Fri, 19 February 2010 at 1:19 AM

JenX: HELLO & THANKS also for your info!  .... The Picture It! 2002 I have are made up of two cd's.

Disc ONE is for the MAIN Installation and Program software. Disc TWO is for use ONLY when doing SPECIAL Creations and including STOCK items/TEMPLATES, etc.  on that disc. I RARELY use that and only insert disc TWO IF needed and when told/asked.

After I install ANY cd/software and it's listed ON my computer programs list, I removed that CD software disc for storage.

From that point on, I simply either click on the SHORTCUT icon to OPEN any program I've installed OR I can go to START and PROGRAMS and select the item/program I want.

I'm not sure what you're saying above. Are you saying that with VISTA HOME BASIC Windows that I MUST have the Picture It! Disc ONE IN my tower/cd drive at ALL times in order for the program to RUN/WORK and be FOUND?

THANKS again for your PATIENCE. MUCH appreciated. My BEST.

TallPockets/brian.

JenX ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 6:47 PM

Ah, that explains more.  In my experience with the program (Wal-Mart used to include it in the software it used for putting prints onto CD-ROMS), the CD had to be in the drive for the program to work, as it didn't fully install the program.

Make sure the shortcut address in the shortcut you're using actually matches where the .exe is found.  CarolSassy's way is probably the best way to go about it.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

TallPockets ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 1:21 AM

JENX: HELLO again and THANKS for your input. The Picture It! software CD's have never had to be IN the tower/p.c. once I've installed it for the last six plus years. On my old HP XP HOME p.c. that is.

I'll give Miss Carol's info above a try this weekend. THANKS again for your HELP. MUCH appreciated.

TallPockets/brian.

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 8:18 AM

I have some problems with older software on Vista; in particular, I have trouble with Paint Shop Pro X. The first thing I tried was setting the compatibility mode for the program:

1. Find the .EXE file for the program
  2. Right click on it to bring up the options menu for the file
  3. Click on the Compatibility tab.
  4. Check the box marked "Run in compatibility mode for:"
  5. In the drop down, select an older operating system; you'll probably want Windows XP.

If that doesn't do the trick (it didn't solve all of my problems) you can try running the program as Administrator. To do this, you can right click on the program or it's shortcut every time, and select "Run As Administrator". To do this permanently, do this:

1. Repeat steps 1-3 above.
  2. Check the box marked "Run this program as an administrator"

Note that when you run as administrator, you'll have a popup window that comes up every time, confirming that you want to do this.

Which brings us 'round to the subject of User Account Control (UAC), which is the bit of Vista that is responsible for that box popping up. I don't mind it much, and I like the extra security I get with web-based popup windows, so I leave it turned on. Some people despise it with a passion that the ancient barbarian hordes reserved for the Roman empire, so they turn it off. I don't recall the procedures for that, but if you want to try it, I'm sure someone here knows. Or, you might do a search in the Hardware forum; I'd imagine it's been asked about a lot in the last few years.

Hope that's helpful. 😄

CarolSassy ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 9:26 AM

I've had trouble finding the new .Psp Tubes that I've made from scratch in Paint Shop Pro 9.  In the PSP browser I see them, but when I go into Vista's windows explorer, I can't find them to zip them  up.  They are NOT visible by Vista....only by PSP.  lol q-:

Carol aka Sassy
If you can't stand the heat,
Don't tickle the dragon!

TallPockets ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 1:12 AM

ALL: THANKS MUCH for your input and suggestions! My BEST. T.P.brian.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.