Fri, Oct 4, 3:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: O T This just in

bobbystahr ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2010 at 8:22 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 3:39 PM

I just got this frim a pal in the land of the olimpdicks

Now that Vancouver is host to the 2010 Winter Olympics, these are some questions people from all over the world are asking.

Believe it or not these questions about Canada were posted on an International Tourism Website.

Obviously the answers are a joke; but the questions were really asked!

Q: I have never seen it warm on Canadian TV, so how do the plants grow? ( England )
A. We import all plants fully grown and then just sit around and watch them die.

Q: Will I be able to see Polar Bears in the street? ( USA )
A: Depends on how much you've been drinking.

Q: I want to walk from Vancouver to  Toronto - can I follow the Railroad tracks? ( Sweden )
A: Sure, it's only Four thousand miles, take lots of water.

Q: Is it safe to run around in the bushes in Canada ? ( Sweden )
A: So it's true what they say about Swedes.

Q: Are there any ATM's (cash machines) in Canada ?  Can you send me a list of them in Toronto , Vancouver ,  Edmonton and Halifax ? (England )
A: No, but you'd better bring a few extra furs for trading purposes.

Q: Can you give me some information about hippo racing in Canada? ( USA )
A: A-fri-ca is the big triangle shaped continent south of Europe   Ca-na-da is that big country to your North....oh forget it. Sure, the hippo racing is every Tuesday night in Calgary  Come naked.

Q: Which direction is North in Canada ? ( USA )
A: Face south and then turn 180 degrees Contact us when you get here and we'll send the rest of the directions.

Q: Can I bring cutlery into Canada ? ( England )
A: Why? Just use your fingers like we do.

Q: Can you send me the Vienna Boys' Choir schedule? ( USA )
A: Aus-t ri-a is that quaint little country bordering Ger-man-y, which is...oh forget it.  Sure, the Vienna Boys Choir plays every Tuesday night in  Vancouver and in Calgary , straight after the hippo races. Come naked.

Q: Do you have perfume in Canada ? ( Germany )
A: No, WE don't stink.

Q: I have developed a new product that is the fountain of youth.  Where can I sell it in Canada ? ( USA )
A: Anywhere significant numbers of Americans gather.

Q: Can you tell me the regions in British Columbia where the female population is smaller than the male population? ( Italy )
A: Yes, gay nightclubs.

Q: Do you celebrate Thanksgiving in Canada ? ( USA )
A: Only at Thanksgiving.

Q: Are there supermarkets in Toronto and is milk available all year round? ( Germany )
A: No, we are a peaceful civilization of Vegan hunter/gathers. Milk is illegal.

Q: I have a question about a famous animal in Canada , but I forget its name. It's a kind of big horse with horns. ( USA )
A: It's called a Moose. They are tall and very violent, eating the brains of anyone walking close to them. You can scare them off by spraying yourself with human urine before you go out walking.

Q: Will I be able to speak English most places I go? ( USA )
A: Yes, but you will have to learn it first.

Please send this on to any Canadian (or others) who you think will enjoy it as much as I did.
Too funny not to pass on! 

"Things would be so different if they were not as they are." Anna Russell

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

scanmead ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2010 at 10:42 PM

Why am I constantly being embarrassed to be from the US?  

Now, why did they call Unicorns "Moose"?  Everyone knows that Canadians are hiding Bigfoot and his herd of unicorns up there. 

Who says Canadians have no sense of humor? 

peedy ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 12:05 AM

Heheheehehe
Thanks for the laugh!

Corrie

1358 ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 10:51 AM

hah  snerk   giggle.. some of these are new to me.....come naked.... hehehe  classic!

Incarnadine ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 11:17 AM

This should not be permitted, I almost spilled my tea while laughing. Health and safety first! (grin)

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

vangogh ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 12:04 PM

Ahh....that answers most of my questions....but I still have a few more:

1. I've heard that the Canadian dollar is worth less than the US dollar, so if I convert all of my
    money to Canadian, does that mean that I will owe money when I return to the states?

2. I understand that Vancouver is in British Columbia. Do the British own all of Columbia or
    is there a part of Columbia that is still Canadian?

3. If I wanted to walk from Washington State up into Canada and then go over to Alaska, do I
    have to have a US passport to get into Canada, and then a Canadian Passport to get into
    Alaska?

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 1:22 PM

Snort!  Love 'em!

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

Incarnadine ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 7:45 PM

I actually had relatives over from Scotland for a visit. They were serious about driving out to calgary for the day. I live in Montreal.

Turns out the issue was one of perception - in their atlas at home, the UK took up two pages and Canada took up two pages so the distance visually between Calgary and Montreal just looked like a good day trip to them.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 11:44 PM

What's the difference between a Loonie and a Twonie? And why does that make strippers happy?...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.