Thu, Sep 19, 9:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:35 am)

Subject: A cartoon spider?

giorgio_2004 ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2010 at 3:58 AM · edited Tue, 06 August 2024 at 10:40 PM

Hi,
a friend of mine is writing a book for children. The main character of her stories is a cute little female spider with yellow gym shoes.

Problem is... my friend told me "I have a great idea! You could create the cover of my book!" :biggrin:

Yeah, great idea, but where can I find a "cute" cartoon spider? In the Poserverse I have found a lot of spiders (free or commercial) but they are absolutely "real" :scared: and no cute at all. 👎

I could use a "real" spider, changing the textures and adding a couple of cartoon eyes with floating eyebrows and maybe a nice mouth, but I have no idea about where finding them too. :unsure:

So I am here begging for advices! :blushing: Thanks!

Giorgio

giorgio_2004 here, ksabers on XBox Live, PSN  and everywhere else.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2010 at 7:18 AM

Here's a few thoughts for you:

3D Valley has a toon spider - mind you, it looks more like a woodlouse to me, and is in MAX format so won't be useful if you don't have access to 3DS Max. (This result brought to you by Mystic Nights' search page)

If it's a paying gig, It's Ming could produce something for you. They have a posable ant in their freetoon section if your friend wants to change the story a bit. :)

Maybe you could make something with Emotiguy (or Emotigal if you have her, since it's supposed to be a female spider). Parent four together, make parts invisible, morph the body etc. May be worth a try.

boggers ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2010 at 12:45 PM

There's 'Woody' the spider by eyesbluedesign here at r'osity.  He's quite cute if you hide his fangs. I spotted him the other week.  He may not be what you're after but worth a look I think.   

EnglishBob - That 3D Valley spider is one strange looking beast ! I'm not in the least bit scared of spiders but i think I'd be worried if something that looked like that scuttled across my kitchen floor - LOL.

boggers ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2010 at 1:03 PM

I've been trying to post you a link to woody but don't seem to able to - just search for 'woody' in the maketplace here and you'll find him, though .  Hope this helps.

dorkmcgork ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2010 at 1:12 PM

try posting a conception of it i might smack something up real quick for ya just for funzies
i made a spider and ant a few years ago (not cartoony) no problem

go that way really fast.
if something gets in your way
turn

giorgio_2004 ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2010 at 4:43 PM

Quote - I've been trying to post you a link to woody but don't seem to able to - just search for 'woody' in the maketplace here and you'll find him, though .  Hope this helps.

Found, thank you very much. Seems definitely cute! I'll show it to my friend and if she'll like it I'll proceed with the picture.

Giorgio

giorgio_2004 here, ksabers on XBox Live, PSN  and everywhere else.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.