Mon, Sep 16, 12:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 7:30 pm)

Subject: Creating a Morphs List ???

exnem ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2010 at 4:44 PM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 11:56 PM

Hi everyone :)

I have just finished what will be my first product for poser and I'm almost ready to post it at the marketplace. I'm in the process of making the product promos right now, but I need to know how do people make their morph lists?...

I imagine there must be a utility or something out there that would let me create a list of morphs used in my products, or do people actually write them by hand one by one?

I'm a poser newbie as you have probably guessed already, but one only stays that way for so long ;)

Hehe, anyway... I'd appreciate any help or advice on this matter. Thanks in advance

Channing ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2010 at 4:51 PM

I did it by hand the first time, but now I can use that master list and remove morphs that aren't in my product.

exnem ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2010 at 5:05 PM

Ok, and what is a "master list" and where do I get it?

Thanks again

Channing ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2010 at 5:11 PM

Oh, I just went through a fully loaded figure, and wrote down all of the names of the morphs listed in the body, and in the head. I'm a fast typist so it wasn't too bad. 😄

exnem ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2010 at 5:21 PM

Thanks for the reply

I'll start doing that until I find an easier method.
Thanks again for your help.

Channing ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2010 at 5:28 PM

Yeah, I couldn't figure out any other way to do it either. But once you are done, then you can use it over and over!

johnpf ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2010 at 7:23 PM · edited Tue, 23 February 2010 at 7:24 PM

You could try this:

1. Select the body part you want the morphs from. (E.,g., "Head" or "Body" or wherever.)

2. Copy this to the clipboard ("Copy" from the "Edit" menu, or in Windows press Ctrl+C).

1. Open MS Excel or OpenOffice Calc.

2. Paste the contents of the clipboard into a blank spreadsheet ("Paste" from "Edit" menu, or in Windows press Ctrl+V).

You should now have a list of all the morphs, and a load of other info (e.g., the value of the morphs, what type they are, and so on).

The third column usually contains the name of the morph, and the fifth column contains the current value (which is useful, since you can sort the spreadsheet on column 5, and you'll have all your minus morph values grouped together at one end of the sheet and all your positive morph values at the other).
You'll also have Scale, Translation, etc, values, but you can easily delete these since there aren't too many of them.

If you want just a list of the names of the morphs, highlight all of column 3, copy that to the clipboard, paste it wherever you want.

Channing ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2010 at 7:33 PM

Good idea! Thanks. 

exnem ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2010 at 11:27 PM

Thanks johnpf
Very helpful, I'll use that in the future :)

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2010 at 11:44 PM

I have a python script that lists any non-zero morphs. 

Gini ( ) posted Thu, 25 February 2010 at 5:55 AM

Quote - I have a python script that lists any non-zero morphs. 

@ markschum - Please may I have a copy of that script?

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

Aanascent ( ) posted Thu, 25 February 2010 at 11:14 AM

file_448629.png

> Quote - Ok, and what is a "master list" and where do I get it?

I take mine from the body actor of the Cr2.  If you organize your morphs into groups while creating them (you can do this in Poser if you create your morphs there - just drag the morphs into groups or in a text editor if you are retentive like us, lol), then it's hyper easy, just select the appropriate groupNode and its contents, clean anything out that isn't actually yours, and you're GTG.

Poser groupNodes look like the attached screenie.  Do not fear the cr2, grasshopper.  Make a copy first if you think you might accidentally change something.

And now you know several methods.  :)

www.aanascent.com

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 25 February 2010 at 1:44 PM

file_448631.txt

Ockham posted a script in another thread.

Here is mine - it can be amended to print to a file if thats needed. A copy paste should work.

Usual deal, rename to .py and put anywhere in the python folder.

lists bodypart, morphname for any non-zeroed morphs.

Gini ( ) posted Thu, 25 February 2010 at 2:21 PM

Thank you. It will come in handy !

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

Nance ( ) posted Thu, 25 February 2010 at 7:59 PM

file_448650.jpg

If you use the method johnpf suggested above (Highlight & Copy from the Animation Palette, then Paste into Word or Excell ) it also allows you to paste this data back into a new frame or even a new figure in Poser.   (cont.)

Nance ( ) posted Thu, 25 February 2010 at 8:04 PM

file_448651.jpg

If you just need it as a text document, (such as for a product ReadMe) then you can delete the columns with the extra data.  

(All the dial values in the example figure were zeroed, so its not obvious, but the actual dial values are in the next to last column)

This method also allows you to save and reapply a figure's Body Scale data, which a normal .pz2 Pose file does not.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.