Fri, Sep 20, 7:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Advice needed on Vue/version?

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 6:32 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 6:06 PM

Hi,

Looking to upgrade my current version of Vue 6 Espirt - but not sure which version to go for and would be greatful for some advice.

To be honest I do not have a great understanding on Vue (hobby/home use) but want the terrain editing stick - hate the editing method on Vue 6 as really hard to get things how you want them.

Also use Poser 8 and will be wanting to import figures/animations.

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 8:21 AM

Since you want to be able to import from Poser, your best choice would be to upgrade to Vue 8 Esprit.   You may want to try out the free Pioneer version first to see how your computer will handle the new openGL.    

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 9:33 AM

Thanks Peggy - I'll give it a go.

John

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 10:26 AM

You can also take a look at Frontier.  It's only $99 and it imports from Poser.  I'd lean more toward Esprit through.  Having the full Render Up module and 3D Import modules gives you a much better core program.

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 11:05 AM

Thanks Peggy,

I don't suppose you know the best way to export poser figures/items in to Vue do you - without having to locat each and every texture?

So but it's been afew yrs and alot of the things I did know seem to have been forgotten.

Thanks

John

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 1:36 PM

save the poser scene as a PZ3 file and open that in Vue

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

keenart ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 6:39 PM

If you do not want to spend a lot of cash upgrade to Pro Studio 8. 

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_8_studio/?page=1

jankeen.com

JCD ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 9:58 PM

Quote - I don't suppose you know the best way to export poser figures/items in to Vue do you - without having to locat each and every texture?

My guess is that if you're having to locate each and every texture on import, that your Poser assets are not in the default runtime i.e. multiple and/or external runtimes as that is where Vue looks for them, but there's a way to have it both ways if needed.

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2010 at 7:12 AM

Thanks all - but I don't think I am able to upgard from Vue 6 Espirt to Pro Studio 8?

Sorted with the Poser export problem - thanks JCD

Bushy

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.