Wed, Sep 18, 5:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 3:46 pm)

Subject: What kind of backgrounds?

marcus55 ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 12:47 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 6:09 AM

Hi,

I want to create some sets of backgrounds for poser renders...

What kind of backgrounds would you guys like to see more of? 

Any suggestions or comments are appreciated... 

Thanks.
Marcus

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 12:52 PM

You might want to this in the Poser forum as you would possibly get more response. Would you like me to move it there?

Just let me know

marcus55 ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 2:28 PM

Yes please..

Sorry Stacey, I wasn't sure where would be the best place..

Thanks,
Marcus

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 2:29 PM

StaceyG has moved this thread from the Community Center forum to the Poser forum as of Tuesday, March 2, 2010 2:29 pm.

basicwiz ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 2:51 PM

A set of neighborhood streets would be nice. And here's the twist that would make them really useful:

If you're doing a photo background set, take 8 shots from each location you choose... N,NE,E,SE,S,SW,W,and NW. This allows the use of the background from multiple angles, making it the next best thing to a cyclorama. BE SURE to include the ground, so the characters have something to stand on. The larger these images can be, the better, allowing for cropping during posing.

If you are wanting to do these as 3D models (you don't say) then allow me to suggest a neighborhood again. You need not model the insides of the houses, but at least provide streets, sidewalks, yards, and a couple of rows of homes. This is one of the sadly lacking pieces to the poser universe. Five different shaped houses with different mats ought to be pretty convincing.

I'll buy either product the day you release them. Testing available here also. Just ask and I'll sitemail my email to you.

My $.02

marcus55 ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 3:56 PM

Quote -  A set of neighborhood streets would be nice. And here's the twist that would make them really useful:

If you're doing a photo background set, take 8 shots from each location you choose... N,NE,E,SE,S,SW,W,and NW. This allows the use of the background from multiple angles, making it the next best thing to a cyclorama. BE SURE to include the ground, so the characters have something to stand on. The larger these images can be, the better, allowing for cropping during posing.

If you are wanting to do these as 3D models (you don't say) then allow me to suggest a neighborhood again. You need not model the insides of the houses, but at least provide streets, sidewalks, yards, and a couple of rows of homes. This is one of the sadly lacking pieces to the poser universe. Five different shaped houses with different mats ought to be pretty convincing.

I'll buy either product the day you release them. Testing available here also. Just ask and I'll sitemail my email to you.

My $.02

Thanks basicwiz, I'll be referring back to any and all posts in this thread for direction when creating the background sets...

M

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 5:45 PM

I don't have anything to add.  But I would like to ask a favour :)

Can you please use a larger font?  I have old eyes and have difficulty reading very small fonts, and actually can't read your comments without having to zoom in.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

basicwiz ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 5:47 PM

ROFL... Same here Acadia... I thought it was just me!

marcus55 ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 6:12 PM

That's odd..  it doesn't look that much smaller on my screen, however I have this computer set up with a larger res for easier viewing...

sorry you guys..  I'll try to remember that...  lol

M

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.