Fri, Sep 20, 9:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: installation of Extras?

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 6:38 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:49 AM

Hi,

I have Vue 6 Espirt (upgrade/downlaod) - which I have not used for sometime and wondered if anyone can help me with the following.

How do I install the extras? do I need to burn it onto a cd and then get Vue to locate from my cd drive?

Thanks 

thomllama ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 6:48 AM

personally, I've found that "installing" them just takes more memory.  I just open them into a folder, and if I want something from it I do an import, I do that now with all my 3D programs.... the more junk you install, the more these programs load at start up , the less memory you have to actually work with. Vue isn't as bad as some because it doesn't actually "load" the files, just some of the basic info, but still, it all adds up.

Hexagon, Carrara, Sculptris, and recently Sketchup. 

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 7:40 AM

Cool - saved in a folder located in my Docs and works fine when importing Objects - however when I try to import something from the scenes folder - there are no files in the folder and states no items match your search regardless of what file types I choose.

One thing I have noticed (using Widows 7) is that the VOB files show as a clear icon - yet I am sure they used to show as a little Vue icon or am I losing it?

John

thomllama ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 7:50 AM

couldn't tell ya about Windows, I stopped using microsoft a few yrs back... had 3 wintel machines in the same time frame as this one Mac....  the Mac's come out cheaper over the coarse of time... a good bit cheaper, but not going to get into the whole Mac PC thing :rolleyes:  haven't looked at Win7.  but I do hear it's nice.

Hexagon, Carrara, Sculptris, and recently Sketchup. 

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 10:49 PM

VOB is not a registered icon/extension with Windows.  So it shows as blank.  My extras were extracted to my hard drive downloads folder because I can't create DVD data discs yet to store the extras on.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2010 at 7:15 AM

Thanks Shawn.

Any ideas on the following?

*however when I try to import something from the scenes folder - there are no files in the folder and states no items match your search regardless of what file types I choose.

Bushy

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2010 at 7:21 AM

The scenes folder should have *.vue files, which should be accessed by clicking File, Open. 

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2010 at 12:06 PM · edited Wed, 03 March 2010 at 12:06 PM

I only open Vue's content extras from Vue's open menu.  Then I browse the collections thumbnails and tell Vue to look in my Vue8extras folder (for example) and it does a search through the extras until it finds the real file and asks if I want to copy the scene to its data folder so it desn't have to ask me again later for the extras folder when I open the scene again.

But anyway, you can't see the scene yourself while browsing for it (folder looks blank inside using Vue's search window).  But Vue will find it once it knows which top folder to do its search from.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.