Sat, Oct 5, 8:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: My first animation attemp

Cherryman ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2010 at 3:37 PM · edited Sat, 24 August 2024 at 6:15 PM

This started me having a big mouth about 3d animations...   So for a frend I made this little movie.  It is not ready yet.. But my little computer XP 32 Bit, 3MB, Q8400 2.66 GF7900GTX did already smoke last weeks..  Background rendering while modeling and scene building..all at the same time .. Did eventually leaded up in a strubbling computer..   Strange artifacts, and slowing so much down that a mouse movement took seconds..  And finally an unworakble flashing and freezing screen, even after reboot..etc.. ;-(

So.. Time to repair upgrade. 

Still some faults in it..  Smoother camera movement , in the last scene somehow transparancy dissapeared..  Now you do not see the sun going down on the landscape..  ;-( Well, a lot of things can still be improved...    I Underestimated this a little MUCH!  ;-)

But i'm  quite happy so far, this is only the left eye, in the end it will be a stereo 3D movie.  I Consider using a renderfarm for someboosting up of quality and speed. 

Crittiques welkom. 

Cherryman

javascript:void(window.open('http://www.hollandevenementengroep.nl/movies/rondleiding.htm','','resizable=no,location=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,status=no,toolbar=no,fullscreen=no,dependent=no,width=800,height=600,left=200,top=200'))

thundering1 ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2010 at 9:02 PM

Holy Moses that must have taken freakin' forever!

I'll get to "faults" in a minute but I gotta say - BRAVO!! That's a lot of work!

What were your render settings? What was the coded you saved it in (yes, it really matters and some of them can cause some serious artifacts, believe it or not)? What was your lighting setup - standard, or any form of GI or GR/AO? This will affect shadow noise or definition.

The flickering and artifacts could be a combo of low render settings (to get a faster render) and compressed codec (mpeg1 as opposed to, say, Quicktime Animation Codec). As well as shadow quality, etc.

-Lew

Cherryman ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 2:07 AM

Hello thunder, tnx for youre comment.

And yes, i know that the flickering is caused by the render settings, i have flikker free render settings but i did not use them because then the rendertimes trippled or more... ;-(  

When i'm satisfied i will try a renderfarm with the good settings 

I saved as JPEG 100% pictures, and make them into a movie afterwards.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.