Fri, Sep 20, 6:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: What can Poser Pro do that Poser 8 Can't?

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 1:42 PM

SR3 for Poser8? gimme gimme gimme. :D

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 10:41 AM

Do I misunderstand or will Pro2010 not work at all unless it's on a 64 bit machine? If that's the case upgrading Poser is far, far in the future for me. :sigh: Unless I win the lottery or some other financial miracle happens.

peterpan ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 11:11 AM

Good question , Is Poser Pro ONLY a 64 bit program ,or 32 bit too ?

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 11:25 AM · edited Sat, 06 March 2010 at 11:25 AM

Quote - Do I misunderstand or will Pro2010 not work at all unless it's on a 64 bit machine? If that's the case upgrading Poser is far, far in the future for me. :sigh: Unless I win the lottery or some other financial miracle happens.

This thread asked about Poser Pro.

There is another thread where many of the questions here about Poser Pro 2010 are already answered. I think people who've only been reading here should go there.

Regarding the 32/64 thing, I answered already in the other thread:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3610033&ebot_calc_page#message_3610033

Please follow the link.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 11:56 AM

Thanks. Haven't been around the forums here much -- too busy. Now I'm playing catchup. :-)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 12:09 PM

Quote - Good question , Is Poser Pro ONLY a 64 bit program ,or 32 bit too ?

Forgot to answer this, which is asking about Poser Pro.

Poser Pro is a 32-bit GUI and comes with 32-bit and 64-bit renderers. It installs and runs on any system.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

SimonWM ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 12:29 PM

Are there any new improvements for us animators or have we been ignored once more?

I own Poser Pro, if I upgrade to Poser 8 before the end of March ($100.00) will I be elegible to the $50.00 price for Pro 2010?

Has the scaling issues with the Freak 4 clothing been corrected?

I really want to get Pro 2010 but I would like to see animation improvements (circular IK, constraints for example) and the scaling issues fixed. 

9841007 ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 4:14 PM

Hello all, I wanted to ask a question to the Poser community.  Right now, I own Poser 6 which falls under the Efrontier era lol but I plan on upgrading.  The thing is I’m not sure if I should go with Poser 8 or Poser Pro.  The link I have posted below is a very eye opening review on Poser 8...and Smith Micro itself.  I seen a lot of reviews complaining about the stability of Poser 8…but with high hopes that future patches will fix these bugs.  However, I’ve seen some that claim that even with these patches it’s still unstable. 

However, the more pressing issues….if that wasn’t bad enough…is that only people that own the Pro version own the content they create with the software… under the new Smith Micro license agreement! However, this reviewer (last review on the page under the name bunnyrabbit4) is the ONLY one I’ve heard  make that statement.  So, I wanted to know is it true… has anyone else heard this as well?  If it is…I guess it’s obviously better to go with not only the more stable platform but one that will give you full rights to the contents you create.

http://www.amazon.com/Smith-Micro-Software-Inc-PSR8HBX2/product-reviews/B002KMQ8WU/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#R34C4FX3KV5ANA

wcbncal ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 11:36 PM · edited Sat, 06 March 2010 at 11:37 PM

Hello 9841007,

I read the comments at Amazon you reference.  Then I reread the Poser 8 EULA.
My lay opinion is that bynnyrabbit4 is mistaken.

You own the content you create with the program.

The EULA has specific examples of what is and what is not permitted.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2010 at 12:00 AM · edited Sun, 07 March 2010 at 12:03 AM

Some people are killed by seat belts in an accident. Most people are saved by seat belts in an accident.

Some people are killed by flu vaccines. Most people are prevented from getting sick by flu vaccines.

Some people experience severe problems with Poser 8. Most people experience superior results with Poser 8.

There ya go.

Now use your brain.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2010 at 5:00 AM

I remember that old EULA & all the fuss about it at the time, it was badly worded & quicly re-written to correct the problems, what it amounts to is the content that comes with Poser belongs to Smith Micro (or whichever company owns the franchise at the time) & we can't distribute it as anything other than renders, anything we make that doesn't include the default content (or parts of) is ours, anything we RENDER with the default content is ours & we can do with it what we like (within the limits of the laws of your particular country).

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

peterpan ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2010 at 10:19 AM

Before I run off and purchase either one .Can anybody tell me if either program is stable yet ??
( should have sorted most bugs by now , I hope )
Thanks inadvance, just really hate program bugs, yer I know we the user base are the testers, just don`t want to test to much of my time either............

9841007 ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2010 at 11:22 AM

Thanks you so much for getting back to me so quickly! I really do appreciate you looking into this for me.  I just want to make sure that I fully understand what my options are so I’ll be able to make the best choice possible.  I rather play it very safe now then be extremely sorry later.  Once again, thank you for all your help. :)

Shelly

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2010 at 12:55 PM

Peterpan there are bugs in all versions of Poser, the testers do as much as they can to report them but it's all in the hands of the developers if they get fixed, Poser Pro 2010 has some of the best testers of any version as they're people like you & me who use Poser for fun & don't want bugs.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Mon, 08 March 2010 at 11:22 AM

Quote - Before I run off and purchase either one .Can anybody tell me if either program is stable yet ??
( should have sorted most bugs by now , I hope )
Thanks inadvance, just really hate program bugs, yer I know we the user base are the testers, just don`t want to test to much of my time either............

I think that BB has very succinctly given you and answer.

Quote - Some people experience severe problems with Poser 8. Most people experience superior results with Poser 8.

There is also the "Return Option". I know of one or more that returned P8 because it didn't fit in with their workflow.

Why not try out PP2010 and see how it fits into your System and Workflow?

If unhappy, return it.
That is the best way I know to determine IF It works for you.

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

peterpan ( ) posted Mon, 08 March 2010 at 2:02 PM

Thanks guys , Im thinking" pro" , just recieved an email from SM tech who said to enter my P7 number to sidegrade to Poser pro . Just hope it works, and that there will be no confussion, like getting the base version instead.  Yep , I know ur gotta trust someone, again thanks for the info and will post if all gos well.
I like the idea that I can get Pro 2010 for free upgrade, and after reading that pro works on a 32bit and can change it to a 64bit renderer when I finish building my new 64bit computer is really great, got 2tera hd, win 7, just gotta choose which processor , mother board , how much memory and graphics card.  As, from reading the advert , I understood it was only a 32bit program, good to read different in these forums............................

juliekitty ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 4:33 PM

I have to say I ADORE Poser 8, and so I jumped all over Poser 201`0 as soon as it came out.  Can somebody tell me how to get the library function a little more readable?  I bought a python library program which works well, but it won't let me undo things.  So far I'm not sure there's a huge quality difference between P8 and 2010, but that may be because I haven't pushed the program.

But indirect lighting seriously rocks.  I have never liked rendering in Poser -- I always posed in Poser and rendered in Vue Infinite.  But I'm getting some really nice images with indirect lighting, and I've been having a ball playing with it.

Juliekitty

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.